• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Re: Dempsey Sold Official

BQwN2dbCAAEgU_I.jpg

Always appreciated his balls and determination, not to mention a few very very important tap ins. We say the Old Trafford goal was excellent, the one at home to Utd was equally important in terms of team vibe IMHO...good luck Clint.

£14 mill for Clint and Caulker? BOOM! That is some incredible business by Levy.

and here, the players we've bought over the same period

Lloris
Verthonghen
Paulinho
Chadli
Holtby
Dembele
Dempsey - now gone
Sigurdsson
Adebayor
Fryers

Plus players already on the books / back from loan and added to the squad

Caulker - now gone
Walker
Naughton
Livermore
Kane - now o/l to Norwich City

Who have I forgotten?

Bobby soldier.
Nice to see us getting good money for squad players rather than just releasing deadwood. Shows how far the squad has come under Levy.

Thanks for the important goals Clint. It never quite worked out, but you did a decent job. I wanted to love you when you joined, but I only ended up liking you. If could've been so much more.

I don't think you guys were watching the same player as me last season. Bar some tap ins and deflections he was abysmal, nowhere near good enough.
Happy he's gone, good luck Clint.

I absolutely hate this sale.

The only plus side is if we have given Siggy assurances that he will be more in and around the starting 11 next summer. Maybe it equates to Holtby getting more game time too.

I think this is a hard transfer to swallow because he was such a valuable member of the squad whilst chipping in with important moments.

I for one wish he (and Cualker) would be here next season.

Whats the point in assembling a great squad just to dismantle it? Dempsey should be staying.

AVB has confirmed Clint Dempsey's departure was to fund other activity in the transfer window.

I absolutely hate this sale.

The only plus side is if we have given Siggy assurances that he will be more in and around the starting 11 next summer. Maybe it equates to Holtby getting more game time too.

I think this is a hard transfer to swallow because he was such a valuable member of the squad whilst chipping in with important moments.

I for one wish he (and Cualker) would be here next season.

Whats the point in assembling a great squad just to dismantle it? Dempsey should be staying.

This. Plus, I wonder what this does to our North American marketing strategy, letting the best player on the USMNT (imo) leave.

Jeez you would think we sold Vertonghen judging by some of these responses.

Dempsey was an expert at being at the right place at the right time but what did he offer in general play? 9 times out of 10 he would go into hiding and you literally see him once or twice during a game. The guy had so many flaws but would be covered up by his goals.

Jeez you would think we sold Vertonghen judging by some of these responses.

Dempsey was an expert at being at the right place at the right time but what did he offer in general play? 9 times out of 10 he would go into hiding and you literally see him once or twice during a game. The guy had so many flaws but would be covered up by his goals.

the problem is, we have needed someone who can do that, play a part, for a long time.

Scrappy goals count just as much as spectacular.

I assume this is Deuce's ask, not us pushing or needing the money

the problem is, we have needed someone who can do that, play a part, for a long time.

Scrappy goals count just as much as spectacular.

I assume this is Deuce's ask, not us pushing or needing the money

that is why I mentioned Soldado being his actual replacement. The person who will score those scrappy goals, right place right time etc.

Don't forget his assists, and winning possession by getting free kicks.

In the larger scheme of things I think dembele pushes forward with paulinho behind him. Soldado replaces Defoe

I hope next time, my article will remain on the page where it belongs, instead of being sublimated into another thread which I did not create within a different forum section.

Back