• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

they destroyed kaka who waas my favourite player in the world at the time

Absolutely. The only reason they didn't ruin Beckham was because of his total, and utter, determination to prove the entire club wrong at a time when he had basically been told he would never play for the first-team again.

What an insane summer...from strong purchases and stability to bizarre reversals and the knowledge that there is a brickload more turbulence coming between incomings and outgoings...I always say I never remember a close-season like this, but this takes the biscuit.

The one were keane and berbatov both wanted out was worse.

I still do not think levy will sell, why would he? madrid and others will still want bale in a year, that is the whole point about making sure a player has more then 2 years on their contracts.

I still think if Levy sticks to his 100M plus Morata guns then Madrid may fail; firstly they're not likely to have £100M, secondly why didn't they spend half that to get Cavani who would probably fit into the team more seamlessly?

Bale could still be here come September...

The one were keane and berbatov both wanted out was worse.

I still do not think levy will sell, why would he? madrid and others will still want bale in a year, that is the whole point about making sure a player has more then 2 years on their contracts.

Funny, as I wrote that I flashed on Keane. Club skipper one minute and giving interviews, the next shunting out to his boyhood dream...absolutely astonishing! At least he made the mistake himself, and was brave enough to come back when it didn't turn out...

Plus Madrid are possibly mainly interested in putting a 'hands off, he's ours' label with their phantom bids to scare off others for this year and next...

I don't waste a second of my day thinking about this apart from when I skim through the threads on here and I only ever read the last few posts. Even trying to avoid our friendlies. I'll wait for the season to start and even the transfer window to close before giving any of it much consideration. How our squad looks right now doesn't matter at all.

It would be a shame if he leaves and it doesn't work out. For a player with that much talent, any true football fan should want to see him succeed.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham star Gareth Bale gets his way as £95m Real Madrid deal is ON

TOTTENHAM are ready to sanction a giant £95m cash-plus-player deal after Gareth Bale told them he’s desperate to join Real Madrid.

The Welsh wonder has convinced Spurs they have to let him leave and move to the Bernabeu.

And boss Andre Villas-Boas is now willing to sanction a world record deal involving £85m in cash and Real’s exciting young striker Alvaro Morata, 20.

Spurs conducted talks with Bale at the club’s training ground in a last-ditch attempt to get him to stay.

But the north Londoners were clearly told by the 24-year-old that he wants to sign for the Spanish giants.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/329867/WORLD-EXCLUSIVE-Tottenham-star-Gareth-Bale-gets-his-way-as-95m-Real-Madrid-deal-is-ON?

Loved the single user comment :lol: :

Can I please have a job with you as a reporter? It seems to me that I could just make anything up without any facts whatsoever, call it a world exclusive, and get published! Gareth Bale may well end up being sold to Real Madrid, but it is Spurs who decide, not Real Madrid, and not Gareth Bale or his agent. Real Madrid have yet to pay for Modric , where are they going to get the cash for Bale? Presumably from the Spanish tax payer. Make no mistake, Daniel Levy is the man in control here, not the Spanish press or the Daily Star! Spurs win either way, its a win win situation for them. The way Real Madrid have behaved during this saga is pathetic, and as for the press, well words fail me.

Here's why I don't want him to succeed...

More to do with Real Madrid failing than Bale but I think it would serve the club right if Bale failed to perform. Given all the dodgy tactics that the club have been apparently guilty of, more tapping up than I've seen. No deal in place and yet they've almost had every player wheeled out and commenting upon why Bale should join Real Madrid. Plus, Zidane's incessant behaviour in acting like we've got Bale locked up in a cellar and must 'set him free'.

Add in the very plastic nature of Real Madrid's finances. A club which operates almost like a cheat club in a management game, where inputting a cheat code gives the club free money. It's immoral that a club can behave like that and totally flaunts the FFP rules and yet they get away with it because they're Real Madrid. If rumours are true that they have debts of over €500 million, shouldn't they be looking to

Plus, if Bale stayed he could fight to get us challenging at the very top. He would become a club legend, rather than just another player in the line at Real Madrid. Plus Bale's attitude and the way that he thinks he's too big for us, well appears to think that way. Why can't he stay for another season and see what we can achieve as a club. Wouldn't he want to be a key reason behind our club winning the Premiership for the first time in the club's history?

I kinda want the situation resolved either way as soon as possible.

I don't want Real Madrid to win this battle. The only way that can happen, sadly, is for Bale to perform poorly. Whatever money we get for him, and I think it's a certainty that he's going, wont be enough.

I have a lot of time for Bale as a player. I have a lot of appreciation for what he achieved for us and will look back and enjoy those moments but when his ties are done with us, why should we be determined that he's successful?

We owe him nothing ultimately. Like he seemingly feels that he owes us nothing. He was just an employee of the company Tottenham Hotspur, who performed well but when he goes, that's it. We say we wish him well but how many really mean it?

Sorry, rant over...I think a lot of it is just that I'm fed up by it all now.

That comment :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23526530

Gareth Bale: Carlo Ancelotti hints at Real Madrid bid

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has indicated for the first time that his club are in talks to sign Gareth Bale.

His comments follow speculation that Real are preparing a bid in excess of the world record £80m fee they paid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2011.

Ancelotti told a news conference at Real's training camp in Los Angeles: "I believe the club is in talks to find a solution and we will see what happens."

Bale, 24, has told Tottenham that he wants a move to the Spanish giants.

However, it is believed no formal bid has yet been submitted by Real.

Bale reported to Spurs' training ground on Wednesday morning, undergoing treatment on the leg injury which forced him to miss their last two pre-season matches.

Ancelotti was asked about the possibility of Real Madrid adding Wales international Bale to his squad this summer.

"It is difficult to talk about Bale because he is not a Real Madrid player at present," he added.

"I have never spoken to him. I do not usually talk to players who are not from my team and it would not be fair to do so."

Ancelotti, who took charge at the Bernabeu earlier this summer after leaving Paris St-Germain, added that former Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric would not be returning to White Hart Lane as part of any deal for Bale.

"It is not true that Modric is going. He is a very important player for us and he will be here this season," the Italian added.

Bale, who joined Spurs in a £10m deal from Southampton in 2007, was named as the Player of the Year in both the Professional Footballers' Association and Football Writers' polls last season after scoring 26 goals for the White Hart Lane side.

Daily Mail Football @MAILfootball 1m

Gareth Bale nears £87m transfer to Real Madrid from Tottenham - a world record

--

Are there any numbers left between 80 and 100 that haven't been suggested as the transfer fee yet?

I would try and get Kaka thrown in cheap (10m), I would then spend the rest on the best German and Spanish youngsters (should be able to get 5/6 top players).. Love Bale but we are now getting into silly money figures..

I very much doubt that Real will REALLY spend £100M on a player who whilst awesome id more expensive than several big name starts who are moving or have moved this summer and who have proved themselves a bit more on bigger stages. Not dissing Bale at all, but I just struggle to see how even Madrid in cold light of day would sanction it. Most likely why they'll push for Bale to hand in a transfer request.

Real Madrid have acted like a bunch of ****s. Amazing really, considering they're the biggest club in the word (supposedly) they cant stop themselves from being utterly classless and bullies.

Real Madrid have acted like a bunch of ****s. Amazing really, considering they're the biggest club in the word (supposedly) they cant stop themselves from being utterly classless and bullies.

=D>

Their behaviour, which I presume will largely remain private as a part of any contract/agreement made, has been a few levels worse than the Mamic/Modric disgrace. Although, if you believe that getting what you want at all costs, steamrolling people and acting like a c unt is good business savvy, then they are a role model!!!!

Here's why I don't want him to succeed...

More to do with Real Madrid failing than Bale but I think it would serve the club right if Bale failed to perform. Given all the dodgy tactics that the club have been apparently guilty of, more tapping up than I've seen. No deal in place and yet they've almost had every player wheeled out and commenting upon why Bale should join Real Madrid. Plus, Zidane's incessant behaviour in acting like we've got Bale locked up in a cellar and must 'set him free'.

Add in the very plastic nature of Real Madrid's finances. A club which operates almost like a cheat club in a management game, where inputting a cheat code gives the club free money. It's immoral that a club can behave like that and totally flaunts the FFP rules and yet they get away with it because they're Real Madrid. If rumours are true that they have debts of over €500 million, shouldn't they be looking to

Plus, if Bale stayed he could fight to get us challenging at the very top. He would become a club legend, rather than just another player in the line at Real Madrid. Plus Bale's attitude and the way that he thinks he's too big for us, well appears to think that way. Why can't he stay for another season and see what we can achieve as a club. Wouldn't he want to be a key reason behind our club winning the Premiership for the first time in the club's history?

I kinda want the situation resolved either way as soon as possible.

I don't want Real Madrid to win this battle. The only way that can happen, sadly, is for Bale to perform poorly. Whatever money we get for him, and I think it's a certainty that he's going, wont be enough.

I have a lot of time for Bale as a player. I have a lot of appreciation for what he achieved for us and will look back and enjoy those moments but when his ties are done with us, why should we be determined that he's successful?

We owe him nothing ultimately. Like he seemingly feels that he owes us nothing. He was just an employee of the company Tottenham Hotspur, who performed well but when he goes, that's it. We say we wish him well but how many really mean it?

Sorry, rant over...I think a lot of it is just that I'm fed up by it all now.

Good post. You've put your argument across well and justified your point of view but I respectfully disagree.

I was very close to feeling this way recently but since then I'm feeling slightly more zen about it.

We've been blessed to witness him play in our shirt (which we all agree). Good luck to him and I hope he is the best player in a Madrid side that never wins anything ever again.

I did say slightly more zen. ;)

Does anybody REALLY believe that Madrid will stump up £100M for Bale?

With players included yes.

The sticking point for them is not the amount but Levy. Which is why I am still not 100% convinced that it will happen.

If you took a straw poll of football fans on which Chairman they think would not sell in this scenario and I bet Levy would be very near the top.

Ancelotti was asked about the possibility of Real Madrid adding Wales international Bale to his squad this summer.

"It is difficult to talk about Bale because he is not a Real Madrid player at present," he added.

"I have never spoken to him. I do not usually talk to players who are not from my team and it would not be fair to do so."
I suppose he's not been there long, he'll learn. Get Zinedine to have a word.

Back