• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The news that Bale has wanted to play for Madrid since he was a kid is NOT news! It's OLD news! Marca, etc, are brick-stirring of course BUT the he will, at some point, be a Madrid player.I believe that wholeheartedly. Whether it's next summer or the one after, well, this coming season will have a lot to do with that. But Bale will be with us this season. End of story. All this other brick from Madrid's PR wing reminds me of the devil in Linda Blair during The Exorcist trying to get full possession. As for Zidane, i loved that man as a player but so far as I am concerned, he can fudge right off. I have ZERO RESPECT for him now. The c unt.

Levy knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. There's no denying he's moved the club forward but he's also guilty of missing some golden opportunities to achieve this clubs potential. Selling Bale at this time under this manager would be his biggest mistake IMHO. I'd be furious if it happens. He can't use the sulking player excuse with GB.

last season according to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers-alle/verein_148.html ;)

i don't really look at transfer ins and outs purely by themselves - more the clubs finances as a whole, we have to balance our books otherwise we'd be racking up debt every year and then we'd find ourselves in a bit of a predicament.

but answering your question anyway - the couple of seasons which saw the transition between Commoli to Redknapp saw us spend very heavily (see link above) and most likely was a big reason why we became quite frugal under Redknapp.

do you think we would have kept Modric, Berbatov etc if we could or do you think we was engineering the moves to cover our costs?

Cheers Billy, great link. Isn't perception a weird thing?

As for Modric and Berbatov, we were resigned to losing them both, when they made their respect views on transfers known to all and sundry?

Simply put. No bid has been made. Until a bid is made nothing will change. I know it sounds obvious but there you go. Marca and their delusions is there for hype and nothing more.

that headline and story from Marca is pretty definite. If it is not true, surely Bale or his representatives should come forward and say the whole story is false. im not enjoying the silence from their end

Simply put. No bid has been made. Until a bid is made nothing will change. I know it sounds obvious but there you go. Marca and their delusions is there for hype and nothing more.

Exactly.
And no bid will be forthcoming this summer because Levy has told them not to bother.
I fail to understand why this has escaped so many people.

that headline and story from Marca is pretty definite. If it is not true, surely Bale or his representatives should come forward and say the whole story is false. im not enjoying the silence from their end

WHy should they? Bale does want to play in Madrid at some point and he will. I have no doubt whatsoever that they have 'met' and had some 'discussions' but it isn't for now. Again, far more insidious to me has been the behaviour of Zidane earlier in this dust storm.

Cheers Billy, great link. Isn't perception a weird thing?

As for Modric and Berbatov, we were resigned to losing them both, when they made their respect views on transfers known to all and sundry?

no worries - wouldn't take the prices as 100% accurate but it gives a good idea and something to refer to

that's how i remember the Berbatov and Modric saga (as well as Keane and Carrick) which was my reasoning for pulling you up on saying that Levy has 'previous' for this kind of thing ;)

WHy should they? Bale does want to play in Madrid at some point and he will. I have no doubt whatsoever that they have 'met' and had some 'discussions' but it isn't for now. Again, far more insidious to me has been the behaviour of Zidane earlier in this dust storm.

for the sake of Spurs....im sure one day Bale will get his dream move, but until then he and his people have to do the right thing by Spurs, and all this rumour and conjecture is totally distracting for AVB, his teammates, the fans. Fcuk Zidane too, but Bale and his people can nip all this in the bud very quickly.

for the sake of Spurs....im sure one day Bale will get his dream move, but until then he and his people have to do the right thing by Spurs, and all this rumour and conjecture is totally distracting for AVB, his teammates, the fans. Fcuk Zidane too, but Bale and his people can nip all this in the bud very quickly.

I think the view held is that it's best left alone.
Everything which needs to be said has been said.
If they responded to every newspaper story then it'd be the dog chasing it's tail mate.
I have no doubt Marca will run a story soon which will 'explain' what this story 'really' meant!

it's only distracting if those on the inside don't know what the situation is. which i doubt to be the case

Levy knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. There's no denying he's moved the club forward but he's also guilty of missing some golden opportunities to achieve this clubs potential. Selling Bale at this time under this manager would be his biggest mistake IMHO. I'd be furious if it happens. He can't use the sulking player excuse with GB.

Very well put.

I didnt know about this story until I tried to log in to my AOL account.

Basically each day that Marca print a story the price rises up by 5m and this should be communicated in the media. I would humiliate the utter ****s. They are an utter disgrace and we should fill up their ****ish stadium with concrete.

Liga BBVA @ Todo__LigaBBVA 7m
According to "Marca" Real Madrid is close to signing Bale € 30M + Di Maria and Coentrao # Transfers

As much as I love Bale and think he's world class if it means we get Di Maria, Coentrao and Soldado for Bale I'd be more than made up.

Sorry but Di Maria is my most hated player - I dont want him - overrated brick.

Coentrao - not seen much of him but doubt he is fit enough to lace Bales rigth boot let alone left.

30m euros? fudge right off. 65m plus Higuain and even then id only consider it.

Coentrao - not seen much of him but doubt he is fit enough to lace Bales rigth boot let alone left.

Agree with this.

Don't want either of those two.

Really want Bale to stay, but if we do agree to sell him, then we should ask for Higuain in return or nothing.

30mill + Coentrao plus Ozil - would be a different proposition...

30mill + Coentrao plus Ozil - would be a different proposition...

Ozil? whilst I like him - he would have been good at the time of the Modric transfer.

Ozil however I dont think would last 15 minutes in games. From what I have seen of him (not much) he seems to tire after half hour and was subbed in 90% of the games i saw him in. Not much stamina.

None of the players cited would get me off my seat the way Bale does. Bale is one in a million kinda simple.

although Lennon gets me off my seat too.

I am really disappointed about Levy's lack of response to the continuing rumours about Bale going to Read Madrid. Real and their media are doing all they can to influence Bale into joining them. Levy as the chairman has not tried to put a stop to that. If we really want to keep Bale, we should put a price tag beyond the reach of Real Madrid, something like 150m-200m ! Or make a demand that the only way Bale will join Real is if Ronaldo joins Spurs in return. We are having problem attracting top players to Spurs. So, we shouldn't let any of our top players like Bale to leave just like that.

I am really disappointed about Levy's lack of response to the continuing rumours about Bale going to Read Madrid. Real and their media are doing all they can to influence Bale into joining them. Levy as the chairman has not tried to put a stop to that. If we really want to keep Bale, we should put a price tag beyond the reach of Real Madrid, something like 150m-200m ! Or make a demand that the only way Bale will join Real is if Ronaldo joins Spurs in return. We are having problem attracting top players to Spurs. So, we shouldn't let any of our top players like Bale to leave just like that.

Why do we need to say anything, he is our player and is contracted to us for 3 more years, end of story, AVB has said it numerous times now he isnt leaving end of..

Madrid's puppet can make up what they like each day, nothing is different, he is staying end of

Back