• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB On Reals Madrid's Short List For New Manager

Fair enough. Shows that I haven't played much FM since it was called CM about 20 years ago... :-" 8-[

Football Manager has been a major contributing factor into turning many younger generation fans into absolute tacos when it comes to football. But I must confess that I played it as recently as CM03/04 :-"

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas admits he regularly speaks with Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi but insists he will remain at White Hart Lane this summer.

Goal exclusively revealed in June that the 35-year-old rejected a lucrative approach from the French champions, who were prepared to meet a £10 million buyout clause in the Portuguese's contract in order to secure a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Carlo Ancelotti.

"I have had a friendship for some time with the president of PSG. He is a friend, [we] speak regularly but my commitment is with Tottenham," Villas-Boas told A Bola.

"It was the club that allowed me to return to the Premier League and I feel good there."

Villas-Boas, who nearly guided Tottenham to Champions League football last season, expects to be backed in the transfer market this summer but another reason for his stay is due to the anticipation of facing Jose Mourinho, who he worked under at Porto, Chelsea and Inter.

"It will be special to play against Chelsea, particularly against a person who was instrumental in my career. It will be great to meet Mourinho," said Villas-Boas.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...m-friends-with-paris-saint-germains-president

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas admits he regularly speaks with Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi but insists he will remain at White Hart Lane this summer.

Goal exclusively revealed in June that the 35-year-old rejected a lucrative approach from the French champions, who were prepared to meet a £10 million buyout clause in the Portuguese's contract in order to secure a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Carlo Ancelotti.

"I have had a friendship for some time with the president of PSG. He is a friend, [we] speak regularly but my commitment is with Tottenham," Villas-Boas told A Bola.

"It was the club that allowed me to return to the Premier League and I feel good there."

Villas-Boas, who nearly guided Tottenham to Champions League football last season, expects to be backed in the transfer market this summer but another reason for his stay is due to the anticipation of facing Jose Mourinho, who he worked under at Porto, Chelsea and Inter.

"It will be special to play against Chelsea, particularly against a person who was instrumental in my career. It will be great to meet Mourinho," said Villas-Boas.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/22/4067270/

Page does not exist.

AVB is already a millionaire. I hope he has ambition to beat his mentor.,

Premier League fans should expect new Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho to attract a lot of attention next season, Tottenham Hotspur coach Andre Villas-Boas has said.

In an interview published in Monday's edition of Portuguese sports daily O Jogo, Villas-Boas said his compatriot's return will vastly improve the visibility of the Premier League.

"It won't be possible to take your eyes away from Mourinho," he said.

"One of his characteristics, and I don't say it in a negative way, is to deviate attentions, positive and negative, in such a way that the team is only worried about winning."

Villas-Boas said he is intrigued by next season's Premier League race which will feature Mourinho and also have David Moyes as Manchester United's new coach, following the departure of Alex Ferguson after 26 years at the club.

"These are two deep changes to English football...it will be interesting," he said in an interview while on holiday in Porto before competing in a celebrity car race.

"The fear that came from playing Alex Ferguson's sides made everything harder and that may still continue if (Moyes's) adaptation is fast. That is something I am curious to see".

Villas-Boas's Tottenham amassed a club record points total last season but were still disappointed as they finished fifth, just outside the Champions League places but enough for a Europa League spot.

The Portuguese said he has evolved since an unhappy spell at Chelsea ended after just a few months in the job in March 2012. He said he learned what is needed to succeed in the Premier League the hard way.

"The Premier League is guided by this dynamic: ball lost - ball recovered - ball lost again. That makes matches unpredictable, teams must be objective and behave like that because that's what excites fans.

"The aesthetics of the game come second to unpredictability, which is much more exciting than the predictability associated with possession football," he said, giving the example of Spanish club Barcelona.

Demand in England for this fast-breaking football style contributed to his downfall at Chelsea, Villas-Boas said.

"We were a counter-culture team, constructing play from the goalkeeper onwards.

"I should have had respected that (England's) culture from the start. I thought it was possible to establish a different game pattern in a country with a radically different culture.

"I respect it now. I have become more versatile after the Chelsea experience."

He said clubs like Swansea and Wigan were exceptions to this obsession with high-tempo counter-attack football but they were only able to play differently because they were put under less pressure.

Villas-Boas likened his failed attempt to change Chelsea's style of play to the challenge Bayern Munich's new coach Pep Guardiola will face next season. The Spaniard was unveiled at the Bundesliga club on Monday.

Villas-Boas said Bayern Munich were another team he was curious to see next season.

"His (Guardiola's) challenge is to transport his (possession football) paradigm to another culture," he said. "It's like what I tried to do at Chelsea: it's counter cultural.

Interesting. He understands his job allright. Next season could be a cracker. We could probably end up anywhere from 3rd to 6th.....and if we keep Bale, 3rd might well be achievable.

Re: Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas

Richard Conway @richard_conway

Breaking: Laurent Blanc appointed at
Paris St Germain on a two-year deal. Real Madrid confirm Carlo Ancelotti joins Real Madrid.

Richard Conway @richard_conway

Breaking: Laurent Blanc appointed at
Paris St Germain on a two-year deal. Real Madrid confirm Carlo Ancelotti joins Real Madrid.

I wonder how the Ancellotti appointment will affect the Higuain transfer.

Probably not at all I would guess. I don't think Real would have been trying to sell him if they thought there was any chance Ancelotti wanted (and would be allowed) to keep him around.

Probably not at all I would guess. I don't think Real would have been trying to sell him if they thought there was any chance Ancelotti wanted (and would be allowed) to keep him around.

Real's transfer policies don't always appear that logical but you are probably right on this one. I'm just hoping that Ancelotti will throw a spanner into the works on this transfer.

I think Higuain said he was leaving at the end of the season a while ago so I wouldn't think this changes anything.

He's part of a group of people who decide who the targets are.

Unless you're United and Everton of old, with 5-10+ years of service from your manager it doesn't make sense to just let the manager have free rein.

A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Which would be a good thing for a kingdom. However for a kingdom with a temporary leader, one ruler who will do things for himself, rather than the kingdom, is a bad thing.

A decent argument can be put forward that there should be one manager with all or most of the power apart from the financial responsibility. Although I disagree.

Comparing football managers to kings does not make that argument at all though, most of western society has moved away from the one king/caesar/tsar etc rule for a multitude of very good reasons and we've all been much better off as a result.

Which would be a good thing for a kingdom. However for a kingdom with a temporary leader, one ruler who will do things for himself, rather than the kingdom, is a bad thing.

You clearly don't know the classics or your philosophy. I despair at the modern education system. From a philosophical viewpoint your answer is flawed from the get go. All men are mortal. Every "King" is temporary.

But to bring this back to the real world, one person wielding the decisions is always best but only if that person is competent because that person becomes a single point of failure. The more people with a say you throw into the mix the more inefficient an organisation becomes.

Back