• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Ah come off it Steff, it's basically the same thing :lol:. Both talk out their arse when it comes to transfers and injuries.

Can't legitimately argue to be fair :lol:...but I would say AVB has more charm plus he doesn't stretch it quite as far as Arry. I will never forget when Arry was at West Am and the reporter asked him about. Player. Arry flatly denied it only for said player to walk right behind him LOL.

Can't legitimately argue to be fair :lol:...but I would say AVB has more charm plus he doesn't stretch it quite as far as Arry. I will never forget when Arry was at West Am and the reporter asked him about. Player. Arry flatly denied it only for said player to walk right behind him LOL.

Thats the whole point though - Managers HAVE to deny things - doubt theyre at liberty to say anything in the event of scuppering any deal etc. They cant be candid about their dealings.

On the Bale issue - he wont leave this summer but its an empty feeling nonetheless as we know he will leave the following summer. Its just that simple - an empty feeling. If he were to go id rather he left this summer, as much as I fudgein love the guy as a player - easily the best player available, and bring in 70m and give it all to AVB in addition to whatever he had e.g. 20m and with the 90m (assuming) Levy has got to BACK HIM. AVB wants player x? fudgein go out get player x.

AVB has denied knowledge of transfer targets until the deal is completed. That's a million miles away from Redknapp's web of lies where every statement contradicts the previous one. It seems very unfair to AVB to make that comparison.

Thats the whole point though - Managers HAVE to deny things - doubt theyre at liberty to say anything in the event of scuppering any deal etc. They cant be candid about their dealings.

On the Bale issue - he wont leave this summer but its an empty feeling nonetheless as we know he will leave the following summer. Its just that simple - an empty feeling. If he were to go id rather he left this summer, as much as I fudgein love the guy as a player - easily the best player available, and bring in 70m and give it all to AVB in addition to whatever he had e.g. 20m and with the 90m (assuming) Levy has got to BACK HIM. AVB wants player x? fudgein go out get player x.

Eh?Next season, If he scores 30 goals, propels us into the CL almost single-handedly and wins us a trophy, I will be feeling far from empty. I'll be thankful for his efforts in propelling us into a competition that would allow us to buy an effective replacement for him, and I'd be proud that we managed to send him off with a medal in his pocket as a memento to remember Spurs by.

Eh?Next season, If he scores 30 goals, propels us into the CL almost single-handedly and wins us a trophy, I will be feeling far from empty. I'll be thankful for his efforts in propelling us into a competition that would allow us to buy an effective replacement for him, and I'd be proud that we managed to send him off with a medal in his pocket as a memento to remember Spurs by.

Yeh see its perspective. Im seeing it as losing a player - its inevitable. So actually keeping him is an empty feeling because you know he is going to leave the following season. Youre obviously seeing it from what he can do for us, which is no bad thing obviously, just that im from a different perspective.

Bale is going to go IMO. He has not come out and said he loves spurs and wants to stay here. He is leaving it open. That to me shows a player is looking beyond his current employment.

£80m, yes please! load of balls though, the mirror journo is a goon. meh

Why would a really good player want to join us after seeing us sell our best player?

Why would a really good player want to join us after seeing us sell our best player?

So nobody wanted to join United when they sold Ronaldo? Or Arsenal when they sold RVP?

And nobody wants to join Dortmund now they have sold Gotze?

They'd join us for the same reasons they would have joined us if we'd never had Bale.

I think players would still join but our clout will have been reduced as a result of selling one of the top three players.

Spursalot - we arent Manure etc - so we cant compare really. People also said that when Moyes takes over that players wont go there too and that the attraction was actually Ferguson. Well Bale is our Ferguson if you wish (using the analogy).

Ah come off it Steff, it's basically the same thing :lol:. Both talk out their arse when it comes to transfers and injuries.

But who is the primary target when he or Redknapp or any other manager fibs - the fans or other teams?

You flatter yourself if you think it's you.

I think players would still join but our clout will have been reduced as a result of selling one of the top three players.

Spursalot - we arent Manure etc - so we cant compare really. People also said that when Moyes takes over that players wont go there too and that the attraction was actually Ferguson. Well Bale is our Ferguson if you wish (using the analogy).

Bale isn't our Ferguson. Bale isn't going to go around telling new signings what to do. Ferguson was who he was for the length of time he was at United and the amount he won in his career. Bale has neither of those.

You can't compare a managers attraction to a players, it just doesn't make sense.

We can't compare directly, i am just showing that other teams have lost their best players and have/are coped/coping perfectly well with it.

Bale isn't our Ferguson. Bale isn't going to go around telling new signings what to do. Ferguson was who he was for the length of time he was at United and the amount he won in his career. Bale has neither of those.

You can't compare a managers attraction to a players, it just doesn't make sense.

We can't compare directly, i am just showing that other teams have lost their best players and have/are coped/coping perfectly well with it.

The analogy is wrong but the principle is the same - our main attraction was Bale (believe it or not) and their main attraction was Fergie. Manure also have much more clout than we have so they could continuously attract players.

The thing is we dont have the clout - I dont think we could attract the players we should be getting to replace Bale. Then again I dont know what AVB will have up his sleeve and then again I dont really trust Levy to go all out for AVBs targets. Thats what concerns me most actually.

So nobody wanted to join United when they sold Ronaldo? Or Arsenal when they sold RVP?

And nobody wants to join Dortmund now they have sold Gotze?

They'd join us for the same reasons they would have joined us if we'd never had Bale.

No offence but those are Clubs that continuously qualify for the Champion League and offer bigger wages than us.

If and when Bale does leave (I don't personally feel it will be this window), I think he should go to Munich over Madrid.

I feel it is a better fit for him, but Madrid have a much bigger pull than any other club.

Jesus, reading the last 10 pages of this thread was like watching an episode of Eastenders.

Bale has no intention of leaving. So he will not leave. Madrid can play all the games they like, but they aren't getting him.

Chill out.

Im starting to feel that we should sell him if the hype is real. He is going to leave us sooner or later and i would prefer to get Top dollar for him whilst its possible. Take the 65m or whatever and rebuild the team with 3-4 quality players to replace the 1. Scum did it loads of times over. The way Real Madrid court our players and get away with it tinkles me off no end.

Back