• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

i think somebody asked about where things go "next" once the graphics are so amazingly good on faces and the like. one thing that they've never really quite got right in games in terms of realism, is lighting. this video makes it look like that's being addressed at least :D

i think somebody asked about where things go "next" once the graphics are so amazingly good on faces and the like. one thing that they've never really quite got right in games in terms of realism, is lighting. this video makes it look like that's being addressed at least :D

Without a doubt. Lighting, when got right, has such a huge effect on realism. Look at the BF4 trailer too. The other thing hard to get right is believable flames/fire. This video seems to address that too.... Exciting times for the next-gen

[video=youtube;Bf38HiYPMiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38HiYPMiI&feature=share[/video]

3 new trailers for GTA V. Cannot wait for this game.

I put Red Dead Redemption in my PS3 last night for the first time in a few months, I wanted to try and complete it 100%. It didn't load the first time, took it out and wiped the disc and then I put it back in the PS3 and it worked, played it a few hours. I just went to turn my PS3 on and play it but it wouldn't read the disc. Took it out, cleaned it, still wouldn't read it, tried about 50 odd times and it hasn't read it, gutted. I think that may be the end of Red Dead Redemption for me :(

Maybe that was my downfall :lol: I got it used last year. Fast forward a year and that's the only game of mine that my PS3 doesn't load.

:lol: Can't trust those bastards actually, once bought a book "used - like new" that looked like it'd been stuck up someone's arse.

What's the download price for it these days?

Not checked really. I think I might just buy it used off Amazon. What are the odds of it being another faulty game? :lol: Just seen one on there for about £5.50 which will do me nicely.

A few new videos of Watchdogs have emerged lately (would post here but my connection's dog toffee). The gameplay looks fantastic, the fact you can hack anything or track anyone using your mobile by hacking CCTV and GPS sounds like a complex but fun concept. My guess is you'll probably have to build up your hacking skills in an RPG sort of style as I wouldnt have thought everything would be at your disposal from the off.

The best thing (for me anyway) is this is being built on/for PC first and adapted to console instead of the other way round which usually results in a poor port. I think the next gen will be more easily ported from console to PC and visa versa so that could explain it?
My only concern was on one of the videos the graphics looked a tad ropey for a next gen game... Altho this could be put down to it being early footage or they showed the game running on current gen hardware? (to see what im on about, there is a part where he goes into a multistory car park and the cars all look way too shiny)

My old man picked up a 160GB PS3 for 60 notes the other day!! I may have to invest in one myself as i still havent played Uncharted 3 or the new GHod of War

2nd hand of course. Got it from FB on one of those stuff for sale pages. Its in good nick tho and he got 1 game plus a remote for the blu-ray on top. Bargain

er where??

pic_lorry_back.jpg

:-" ;)

He mainly bought it for Blu-Rays and every other weekend when my 7yr old nephew goes round there. Me old mans a PC gamer like me ;)

Back