• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Surely both - are you suggesting he wouldn't make the starting 11 ahead of Dempsey or Defoe?

He's better than them, yes but is he the player we need to lead the line, hold the ball up, bring others in to play etc. He's not the same player he was, he's lost that explosive pace he used to have and i'd consider playing him central midfield. I think he could be great there, we know he has a superb shot on him, his passing is outstanding both short and long, i think he could be a Scholes type midfielder.

I don't think we could afford him anyway, but given the chance, yes I'd buy him.

Do people think the relegated clubs would be worth raiding? QPR & Reading & Wigan/ Saudi Sportswashing Machine/ Sunderland?

What do people think of McCarthy for example?

Do people think the relegated clubs would be worth raiding? QPR & Reading & Wigan/ Saudi Sportswashing Machine/ Sunderland?

I just had a look at Readings squad. Had no idea that they had Ian Harte. He must be about 40 years old.

I also think we should adopt the approach that some top4 teams have done historically, namely poach players from the clubs just below us - means that you weaken people who are looking to rival you. Would take Enrique from Liverpool and Cabaye from Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Also Remy from QPR and Benteke from Villa, though they're not rivals

I dont see any point in us signing people like McCarthy - when we get Townsend back we'll have enough depth in most positions. We need to be signing players who might be starters, rather than squad fillers

QPR
Loic Remy

Reading
Alex McCarthy

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Yohan Cabaye
Davide Santon
Hatem Ben Arfa

--

I think Loic Remy would add something to the team, he's quick and he's a good finisher, if he had a clause in his contract which sees him go for peanuts than I don't see why we shouldn't be in for him, we could always sell for profit if it doesn't work out. I like the look of the young goalkeeper McCarthy, would be pretty decent back up and he probably won't be too expensive neither. I didn't really see anyone from Wigan I'd fancy, I do like the look of Maloney though.

I don't think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get relegated but those three are the stand outs that I would aim to get with Cabaye being the most important. I don't think Sunderland will be relegated neither but didn't really see anyone, we're obviously getting Rose back who has been a stand out player this year for them, I do like Sessegnon too.

I also think we should adopt the approach that some top4 teams have done historically, namely poach players from the clubs just below us - means that you weaken people who are looking to rival you.

That's a strategy for rich clubs though, we're only in a position to do so when their players are on weak contracts.
Try to power sign a Liverpool player and you're paying 20-30 million at least.

That's a strategy for rich clubs though, we're only in a position to do so when their players are on weak contracts.
Try to power sign a Liverpool player and you're paying 20-30 million at least.

Depends. If you can get CL football then it becomes a lot easier to attract someone as Liverpool haven't been close to the top 4 for a few years

Can't see a club like Liverpool sell to us on the cheap just beacause a player want to leave,
they have so high thought of themselves and will see it as embarrasing to lose a player to Spurs
and they've got finances to not give a brick and put a player in the stands if neccesary.

I'm sure it can be done in some situations though with other clubs, for instance Leighton Baines from Everton,
his long loyal stay, 2y contract, coming turmoil if Moyes leaves - situation we can take advantage of.

I like the look of McCarthy. He has definitely improved this season but still lacks the drive to impose himself on the midfield. Too often he is waiting for something to happen and reacting rather than making it happen himself. This is sentiment shared by Trapattoni also. A good player who could develop into a top player with the right coaching.

QPR
Loic Remy

Reading
Alex McCarthy

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Yohan Cabaye
Davide Santon
Hatem Ben Arfa

--

I think Loic Remy would add something to the team, he's quick and he's a good finisher, if he had a clause in his contract which sees him go for peanuts than I don't see why we shouldn't be in for him, we could always sell for profit if it doesn't work out. I like the look of the young goalkeeper McCarthy, would be pretty decent back up and he probably won't be too expensive neither. I didn't really see anyone from Wigan I'd fancy, I do like the look of Maloney though.

I don't think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get relegated but those three are the stand outs that I would aim to get with Cabaye being the most important. I don't think Sunderland will be relegated neither but didn't really see anyone, we're obviously getting Rose back who has been a stand out player this year for them, I do like Sessegnon too.

James McCarthy you mean?

If I was to pick one off that list it might be Cabaye as a replacement for Parker. He is combative but with a bit more in his locker going forward. Remy could be a decent buy as well.

taking players from below us has always been how we operate, and i believe we will continue to do so

strikers from people below us

Benteke
Bent
Remy
Mirallas (on others mention)
Cisse
Kone
Fletcher
Michu
lambert
berbatov
Lukaku

those in bold being the best of the lot

James McCarthy you mean?

If I was to pick one off that list it might be Cabaye as a replacement for Parker. He is combative but with a bit more in his locker going forward. Remy could be a decent buy as well.

No. Alex McCarthy.

Remy for QPR and Granero has potential to be good if he ever adopts to this league. Mccarthy at Wigan is good and Maloney is also a very good player but he's over 30 right? Sunderland would be Sessegnon but not sure he's the type of player we need and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a few good players too.

Back