• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Chelski**********

You'd think so, but it seems that football is quite far behind many other sports when it comes to the use of sports psychologists. At least according to this reported interview with Sam Allardyce: http://www.bps.org.uk/news/sam-allardyce-praises-sports-psychology

He says that several clubs aren't getting that kind of help. If we are or not I don't know.

Thing is, after the tragic Robert Enke suicide a few years ago, the Bundesliga massively upgraded the pool of psychiatrists available to its members, something that's been increasingly aped around the world as Barca, Madrid, and Juve (to name a few) have employed sports psychology to provide a mental lift for their players.

I'm not sure about the Premier League, though: after all, we have got a reputation as being a bit slow to catch up to tactical trends in the wider world, so maybe that would apply to off-pitch management tactics as well. Still, AVB was never a player, and is still young enough to adapt to changing circumstances, so I'm fairly confident that we have at the very least a sports psychology professional on standby, if not in our permanent employ.

Personally Im feeling really low at the moment and very very angry with manu & sir alex....lol

But the fight hasnt died in me yet........

Q do I think our team has the capability to beat Chelsea on Wednesday??

A YES!!!!

It really is time for our squad to effin STAND UP AND BE COUNTED !!!

Come on you spurs....

=D> Martin likes this

Any lineup without Parker please. Ade over Defoe would be an added bonus.

PS brick OMT, and I mean it.

A few points to bear in mind:

1. Spurs have a new club Premier League record set this season of 65 points after 35 games.

2. We need 5 points from our last 3 matches to equal our record Premier League Era points record and 6 points to set a new one.

3. André Villas-Boas has the best record, statistically speaking, of any Spurs manager since the club joined the Football League in 1908.

4. AVB's Premier League win rate stands at 54.29%, Harry's was 49.31%.

5. This is AVB's first season at the club - if he's already our most successful manager since 1908 just imagine what might come in future seasons.

Anyone else worried about the bobby tambling record thing..?

I think Chelsea should be much more worried about the Gareth Bale record thing...

...one more goal and he equals Teddy Sheringham's Spurs Premier League record of 21 goals in a season.

Two more goals and it's a new club record.

A few points to bear in mind:

1. Spurs have a new club Premier League record set this season of 65 points after 35 games.

2. We need 5 points from our last 3 matches to equal our record Premier League Era points record and 6 points to set a new one.

3. André Villas-Boas has the best record, statistically speaking, of any Spurs manager since the club joined the Football League in 1908.

4. AVB's Premier League win rate stands at 54.29%, Harry's was 49.31%.

5. This is AVB's first season at the club - if he's already our most successful manager since 1908 just imagine what might come in future seasons.

great post to bring some perspective.......

And if any1 of you is lucky enough to go on wed then please sing AVB name loud & proud win....lose....draw.........

If any1 deserves fans backing in that hell-hole its AVB - We have a classy manager who has acted with dignity this season in all our games.And im proud hes our man.

AVB'S BLUE & WHITE ARMY!!!!!

:D

Come now, not all our players are dim. The likes of Bale and Lloris come across as quite well-spoken and intelligent in interviews.

Although on the other hand.......

[video=youtube;EK5NHXBV9yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK5NHXBV9yY[/video]

1:03

'Most Intelligent'

"We ain't got the brightest team, so...I dunno, I'll give it to someone like Gomes, he wears glasses." :D

Amazed they got him to smile. Whenever I see him pictured with fans, I always think cheer up a bit Aaron.

We can play whoever the fudge we want, wherever we want on the pitch, we're still going to take a fudging pasting.

Its obvious.

It'll be a totally non-cohesive no show. If Parker's back we'll win the pirouette's 156 - 0. Apart from that we're going to get no joy whatsoever.

It'l probably start fairly even, they'll score from their first corner after about 12 minutes and that'll be that.

Someone needs a cuddle.

I posted this elsewhere, I hope the management don't mind me re-posting here. I typed it out when slightly under the influence (in vino veritas) so I hope it strikes a chord with you guys as well.

Chelsea started spending money they hadn't earned in the Bates and Harding era. Run by ****s who had ambitions well above the capability of the club, its achievements or any historical precedent. They spent money they didn't have, they spent money they hadn't earned on a brick or bust mission, in the wild eyed hope that if they succeeded, they would claw it back. By some obscene twist of fortune and chance, these brickhouse bastards managed to hang some kind of voodoo sign over our club.
They achieved a string of results that they did little to deserve, and eventually got them by building a team they hadn't paid for.
I'm an atheist, I don't believe in a GHod, or divinity but when it all finally tumbled to the ground, and CFC faced extinction, and lets not kid ourselves - we are talking being wound up, with debts no-one could realise, and no future beyond that of bulldozers and total annihilation, I thought about going to church.

Then the fudging Russian showed up, and transformed my nightmare - into flesh. Not only did fate brick on us, but it rubbed salt in the wounds we did nothing to deserve, as we sat and watched the self satisfied looks on the chelski acolytes and sycophants - and the systematic destruction of the top flight of English football, through obscene salaries and ludicrous transfer fees. Over the years, we have seen a steady multiplication of chelski followers, whining for more, hands held out like beggars, waiting for more and more tidbits to be thrown to them, winning titles and cups that they did shag all to earn, beyond that of building a team with money spunked on them, like the fluffy bunnies cuddlings the club became.

Then came last season. I know its only football, its just a sport.

It really isn't life - or death, despite Shankley's protestations to the contrary.

But really - I hope we fudge them over royally on Wednesday. Not just because I want us to move on and up. Not even because they are supported by gloating half breed mongs, who neither care that they are the spawn of fluffy bunnies cuddlings, nor are embarrassed by it.

But because at some point in time - justice dictates that they deserve (figuratively) to be fudged in the arse, by a **** the size of that owned by a grand national winner.

To be perfectly honest. I'd like them to lose 1-0, to an own goal by John Terry that didn't cross the line, but was given anyway. (and then have him sent off for ....anything)

COYS

I posted this elsewhere, I hope the management don't mind me re-posting here. I typed it out when slightly under the influence (in vino veritas) so I hope it strikes a chord with you guys as well.

Chelsea started spending money they hadn't earned in the Bates and Harding era. Run by ****s who had ambitions well above the capability of the club, its achievements or any historical precedent. They spent money they didn't have, they spent money they hadn't earned on a brick or bust mission, in the wild eyed hope that if they succeeded, they would claw it back. By some obscene twist of fortune and chance, these brickhouse bastards managed to hang some kind of voodoo sign over our club.
They achieved a string of results that they did little to deserve, and eventually got them by building a team they hadn't paid for.
I'm an atheist, I don't believe in a GHod, or divinity but when it all finally tumbled to the ground, and CFC faced extinction, and lets not kid ourselves - we are talking being wound up, with debts no-one could realise, and no future beyond that of bulldozers and total annihilation, I thought about going to church.

Then the fudging Russian showed up, and transformed my nightmare - into flesh. Not only did fate brick on us, but it rubbed salt in the wounds we did nothing to deserve, as we sat and watched the self satisfied looks on the chelski acolytes and sycophants - and the systematic destruction of the top flight of English football, through obscene salaries and ludicrous transfer fees. Over the years, we have seen a steady multiplication of chelski followers, whining for more, hands held out like beggars, waiting for more and more tidbits to be thrown to them, winning titles and cups that they did shag all to earn, beyond that of building a team with money spunked on them, like the fluffy bunnies cuddlings the club became.

It really isn't life - or death, despite Shankley's protestations to the contrary.

But really - I hope we fudge them over royally on Wednesday. Not just because I want us to move on and up. Not even because they are supported by gloating half breed mongs, who neither care that they are the spawn of fluffy bunnies cuddlings, nor are embarrassed by it.

But because at some point in time - justice dictates that they deserve (figuratively) to be fudged in the arse, by a **** the size of that owned by a grand national winner.

To be perfectly honest. I'd like them to lose 1-0, to an own goal by John Terry that didn't cross the line, but was given anyway. (and then have him sent off for ....anything)

COYS

Now that is the sort of post I want to read when I'm half cut. =D>

COYS

This guy... right here.. hes got it.

Whatever you were drinking when you wrote this, supply it to the fans going on Weds! Believe in justice!

I was not impressed by Chelsea today. United were just OK and they should have won.

If we treat this game like a final we will win.

I was not impressed by Chelsea today. United were just OK and they should have won.

If we treat this game like a final we will win.

Chelski fans or other observers could have said the same about us and our game with Southampton on saturday.

Why do you say that we will win by simply 'treating the game as a final?'

There's no ifs or buts now.

The team will go out knowing we must win.

This is better for them.

Tunnel vision fudging Terminator style.

A cup final. Win or no CL. One game.

A cup final vs Chelsea? Damn where is woodgate when needed! Kinda glad Chelsea beat man utd rather then draw, as a loss/draw would have made this a must win for them, now they can lose and still get top 4, so hoping with one eye on the Europa that's on their mind.

And ofc if that happens, we all know who misses out o_O

I think Chelsea should be much more worried about the Gareth Bale record thing...

...one more goal and he equals Teddy Sheringham's Spurs Premier League record of 21 goals in a season.

Two more goals and it's a new club record.

Ah come on lets not even pretend that's a real record.
I watched Allen get 49 goals in '87.

Back