• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

and its a smart hire because his promotion record at SCBC is excellent, he'll also be hungry to prove himself wrongly dismissed and if they waited until after the season they would have had a fight on their hands from other clubs

Either he's lost the dressing room or they have a target they want. Otherwise it would make sense to wait till the season ends. MON has proven he's out of his depth in the PL though. Should just retire now.

Martin O'Neill.....BOOM...gone

I am surprised but he has spent bundles on not very good players. Past his sell by date. He used to amuse me as a pundit but he ain't much kop at that now, either.

I tipped the Mackems for the drop 2 months ago. I don't think a new manager can help unless there is a kid in the reserves who can score goals.

Glad to see Martin O'Neil gone, I've always thought him to be one of those honeymoon period managers that were so popular in the noughties. I have yet to know what his footballing vision is, other than having players 'work hard'.

Dont really see them going for Martinez, and I dont think it advisable anyway; Martinez football seems to take a little while implement, something that they dont have.

Glad to see Martin O'Neil gone, I've always thought him to be one of those honeymoon period managers that were so popular in the noughties. I have yet to know what his footballing vision is, other than having players 'work hard'.

Dont really see them going for Martinez, and I dont think it advisable anyway; Martinez football seems to take a little while implement, something that they dont have.

It does. The players start training in august and then only seem to get it in march/april... :p

So gald we never went for him back when the was talk, i blame most of villas problems on him.

And there's no way Martinez would take the job. He turned down Villa in the past when they were in better shape than Sunderland are now. Martinez will keep Wigan up and will leave when he gets a top 6 chance.

Villa's problems are a combination of MON asking for brick players and Lerner paying over the odds.

And there's no way Martinez would take the job. He turned down Villa in the past when they were in better shape than Sunderland are now. Martinez will keep Wigan up and will leave when he gets a top 6 chance.

I've wondered about this...who in the top 6 is a viable option for him in the near future? I applaud his loyalty, ambition and patience, but surely he wouldnt be harmed by gaining some experience at club that isnt fighting relegation every season? Incidentally, it seems to be widely assumed that this is nothing to do with his ability as a manager.

It's a good question but really why would he leave Wigan to join a team who aren't going to be so much better? Southampton are 12th and only 4 points ahead of Wigan, with Wigan having a game in hand.

The only other club I think he could take up the top job would be at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I believe Martinez will end up at Everton but not sure where Moyes will go or why.

I thought Everton, they have a makeup thats not unlike Wigan's now. Though you have to question how much motivation he'll have for working with no money.

Back