• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I'll stick this here for now until someone starts the OMT...

A1864_zpsa60b4fd5.jpg

Liverpool host Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Sunday 10th March 2013 (KO 16:00) in the 29th round of matches in the 2012-13 Premier League season.

Liverpool come into the match in 7th place on 42 points, while Spurs are in 3rd place on 54 points.

This will be the 164th time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came on Boxing Day in 1894 when Liverpool, who had been established just two years earlier after a dispute with Everton, played a friendly at Tottenham Marshes in a game won 3-0 by Spurs. A further visit from Liverpool was even less successful in Easter 1895 with Spurs winning 6-0.

The first Football League meeting between the two clubs took place at White Hart Lane in November 1909 with Spurs winning 1-0 thanks to a Bert Middlemiss goal. He became the first Spurs player to score against both Merseyside clubs.

The reverse fixture that season was won by Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield, which had previously been the home of Everton before their move to Goodison Park.

All 139 League meetings played to date between Spurs & Liverpool have taken place in the Top Flight of English football.

Tottenham's 2-1 First Division win at Anfield in March 1912 would be their last at the ground for 73 years with the jinx finally being broken by a Garth Crooks goal in 1-0 win in March 1985.

The first FA Cup meeting came in the 5th Round in March 1968 and resulted in a 1-1 draw at the Lane. Liverpool won the replay 2-1.

To date, the clubs have met 7 times in the competition with Tottenham's only win coming at Anfield in the 6th Round in March 1995 when goals from Teddy Sheringham and Jurgen Klinsmann earned a 2-1 victory.

The teams first met in the Football League Cup in 1972 and have played 7 times in the competition with Spurs winning four games with two draws.

Liverpool's only win came in the 1982 Final at Wembley which was won 3-1 after extra time. Steve Archibald put Spurs ahead but Ronnie Whelan's brace and a goal from Ian Rush ensured that the Reds lifted the silverware.

The teams contested the Charity Shield in August that year with League Champions Liverpool beating FA Cup Winners Spurs 1-0.

Liverpool are one of three English clubs Spurs have played in European Competitions to date - the other being Manchester United and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Spurs beat Liverpool in the 1973 UEFA Cup Semi-Final 2-1 with a brace of goals from Martin Peters but a 1-0 win to Liverpool in the second leg at Anfield meant that the Reds progressed to the Final on the away goals rule.

Two matches were played in Swaziland in June 1984 reulting in a 5-2 win for Liverpool and a 1-1 draw.

In December 1985 and January 1986 the clubs met in the Screen Sport Super Cup - a competition played due to English club's being barred from European competition - with Liverpool winning both matches 2-0.

Both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur were founder-members of the Premier League in season 1992-93 and are two of the seven clubs who have been ever-present in the competition for the past 21 seasons (Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton and Manchester United are the other five).

The home fixture at White Hart Lane in November 2010 resulted in a 2-1 win for Spurs. Liverpool went ahead just before halftime with a goal from Martin Skrtel but Spurs came back in the second half with an own goal from Skrtel after 65 minutes and an injury-time winner from Aaron Lennon.

The reverse fixture at Anfield in May 2011 proved to be the UEFA Europa League decider with Spurs winning 2-0 with goals from Rafael van der Vaart and a Luka Modric penalty.

The game at White Hart Lane in September 2011 was won 4-0 by Spurs with goals from Luka Modric, Jermain Defoe and a brace from new loan signing Emmanuel Adebayor. Liverpool had both Charlie Adam and Martin Skrtel sent-off. The match at Anfield in February 2012 finished in a goalless draw, as did a tour match played in Baltimore, USA in July 2012.

Tottenham beat Liverpool in November 2012 at White Hart Lane 2-1. Aaron Lennon put Spurs ahead after 7 minutes and Gareth Bale added a second 9 minutes later from a free kick. In the second half, Bale deflected into his own net after 72 minutes.

Liverpool have won 17 of the 41 Premier League matches played so far with Spurs on 13 wins and 11 games drawn.

Overall, Liverpool have the upper hand over Spurs with 73 wins to 49 with 41 of the 162 matches played so far drawn.

A1863_zps55fd336f.jpg

Full History of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Matches 1894-2013

A1865_zps5943be7d.jpg

They Played for Spurs & Liverpool....

Nick Barmby
Keith Burkinshaw
(Liverpool player, Spurs manager)
Harry Bradshaw
Joe Brough
Ray Clemence
Peter Crouch
Brad Friedel

Charlie Hewitt
Robbie Keane
Oyvind Leonhardsen
Doug Livermore
(Liverpool player, Spurs official)
Danny Murphy
Paul Konchesky
Jamie Redknapp
Ronnie "The Rocket" Rosenthal
Neil "Razor" Ruddock
John Scales

Tom Soulsby
Graeme Souness (also Liverpool manager)
John Stephenson
Paul Stewart
Paul Walsh
Christian Ziege

Last edited:
I'll stick this here for now until someone starts the OMT...

A1864_zpsa60b4fd5.jpg

Liverpool host Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Sunday 10th March 2013 (KO 16:00) in the 29th round of matches in the 2012-13 Premier League season.

Liverpool come into the match in 7th place on 42 points, while Spurs are in 3rd place on 54 points.

This will be the 164th time the two clubs have met.

The first meeting came on Boxing Day in 1894 when Liverpool, who had been established just two years earlier after a dispute with Everton, played a friendly at Tottenham Marshes in a game won 3-0 by Spurs. A further visit from Liverpool was even less successful in Easter 1895 with Spurs winning 6-0.

The first Football League meeting between the two clubs took place at White Hart Lane in November 1909 with Spurs winning 1-0 thanks to a Bert Middlemiss goal. He became the first Spurs player to score against both Merseyside clubs.

The reverse fixture that season was won by Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield, which had previously been the home of Everton before their move to Goodison Park.

All 139 League meetings played to date between Spurs & Liverpool have taken place in the Top Flight of English football.

Tottenham's 2-1 First Division win at Anfield in March 1912 would be their last at the ground for 73 years with the jinx finally being broken by a Garth Crooks goal in 1-0 win in March 1985.

The first FA Cup meeting came in the 5th Round in March 1968 and resulted in a 1-1 draw at the Lane. Liverpool won the replay 2-1.

To date, the clubs have met 7 times in the competition with Tottenham's only win coming at Anfield in the 6th Round in March 1995 when goals from Teddy Sheringham and Jurgen Klinsmann earned a 2-1 victory.

The teams first met in the Football League Cup in 1972 and have played 7 times in the competition with Spurs winning four games with two draws.

Liverpool's only win came in the 1982 Final at Wembley which was won 3-1 after extra time. Steve Archibald put Spurs ahead but Ronnie Whelan's brace and a goal from Ian Rush ensured that the Reds lifted the silverware.

The teams contested the Charity Shield in August that year with League Champions Liverpool beating FA Cup Winners Spurs 1-0.

Liverpool are one of three English clubs Spurs have played in European Competitions to date - the other being Manchester United and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Spurs beat Liverpool in the 1973 UEFA Cup Semi-Final 2-1 with a brace of goals from Martin Peters but a 1-0 win to Liverpool in the second leg at Anfield meant that the Reds progressed to the Final on the away goals rule.

Two matches were played in Swaziland in June 1984 reulting in a 5-2 win for Liverpool and a 1-1 draw.

In December 1985 and January 1986 the clubs met in the Screen Sport Super Cup - a competition played due to English club's being barred from European competition - with Liverpool winning both matches 2-0.

Both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur were founder-members of the Premier League in season 1992-93 and are two of the seven clubs who have been ever-present in the competition for the past 21 seasons (Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton and Manchester United are the other five).

The home fixture at White Hart Lane in November 2010 resulted in a 2-1 win for Spurs. Liverpool went ahead just before halftime with a goal from Martin Skrtel but Spurs came back in the second half with an own goal from Skrtel after 65 minutes and an injury-time winner from Aaron Lennon.

The reverse fixture at Anfield in May 2011 proved to be the UEFA Europa League decider with Spurs winning 2-0 with goals from Rafael van der Vaart and a Luka Modric penalty.

The game at White Hart Lane in September 2011 was won 4-0 by Spurs with goals from Luka Modric, Jermain Defoe and a brace from new loan signing Emmanuel Adebayor. Liverpool had both Charlie Adam and Martin Skrtel sent-off. The match at Anfield in February 2012 finished in a goalless draw, as did a tour match played in Baltimore, USA in July 2012.

Tottenham beat Liverpool in November 2012 at White Hart Lane 2-1. Aaron Lennon put Spurs ahead after 7 minutes and Gareth Bale added a second 9 minutes later from a free kick. In the second half, Bale deflected into his own net after 72 minutes.

Liverpool have won 17 of the 41 Premier League matches played so far with Spurs on 13 wins and 11 games drawn.

Overall, Liverpool have the upper hand over Spurs with 73 wins to 49 with 41 of the 162 matches played so far drawn.

A1863_zps55fd336f.jpg

Full History of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Matches 1894-2013

A1865_zps5943be7d.jpg

They Played for Spurs & Liverpool....

Nick Barmby
Keith Burkinshaw
(Liverpool player, Spurs manager)
Harry Bradshaw
Joe Brough
Ray Clemence
Peter Crouch
Brad Friedel

Charlie Hewitt
Robbie Keane
Oyvind Leonhardsen
Doug Livermore
(Liverpool player, Spurs official)
Danny Murphy
Jamie Redknapp
Ronnie "The Rocket" Rosenthal
Neil "Razor" Ruddock
John Scales

Tom Soulsby
Graeme Souness (also Liverpool manager)
John Stephenson
Paul Stewart
Paul Walsh
Christian Ziege

Why do we have 4 players in the top 6 of thats goals and assist chart? I thought they were miles better than us?

"Gerrard and Skrtel are still much better than any outfield player on spurs squad. "

Being kept out of the side by a 35 year old Jamie Carragher isn't he?

I'm not sure I'd take Skrtel over Gallas and I don't particularly rate Gallas even for a short ass 35 year old.

Most people seem to have dismissed their chances, but I still think they could come back into the reckoning for a CL spot. After us, they've got West Ham, Cheatski, Everton and QPR at home, and Saints, Villa, Reading, the Mags and Fulham away. With Donkey continuing to fire, I can see them quietly notching up a few points before they're done.

"Gerrard and Skrtel are still much better than any outfield player on spurs squad. "

Being kept out of the side by a 35 year old Jamie Carragher isn't he?

Apparently Rodgers and Skrtl have had a major falling out. Rumours he will be moved on in the summer.

Just like they aren't really 20 something points behind United in terms of quality, they're only 12 points behind us due to bad lack as they have superior players in every position.

Im glad Liverpool have won some games now, then we can put em down on earth again...
I would be more worried if they had lost the last 2 games before meeting us...

Most people seem to have dismissed their chances, but I still think they could come back into the reckoning for a CL spot. After us, they've got West Ham, Cheatski, Everton and QPR at home, and Saints, Villa, Reading, the Mags and Fulham away. With Donkey continuing to fire, I can see them quietly notching up a few points before they're done.

Not a chance, IMO.

They would have to win virtually all their remaining games while three of Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs would have to fail badly.

Not going to happen.

To say Skrtel is better than any outfield Spurs player is one of the most brainless things I've ever read. A good centre back but certainly no better than 4 to 5 of ours (and not as good as at least 2 of them).

As for Stevie G - always thought he was a good player who did great things occasionally. To me, he was always over rated. Whether I'm right or wrong, what's undeniable is that he is now in decline and would struggle to get into any top team.

Suarez aside, there isn't many of their players I'd take over ours. Reina would have been an obvious one but not anymore, Johnson over Walker maybe. After that, I'm really struggling. Maybe Agger or (given our options) Sturridge.

Unfortunately, I still think they'll beat us Sunday though. Just hope we are far enough ahead of them that they can't catch us.

Back