• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Walker's improving?

I think so too. At least compared to start of the season where he was all over the shop.

He does have the odd brain fart but I'd say no more than any of the back four do now. In the match day threads he seems to get pilloried rather unfairly at times, but I think it is just a vocal few as the match rating threads tend to show a more rounded appraisal. He has been getting 6-7s for the most part which I believe is fair reflection on his involvement in the games since the turn of the year.

Last edited:

Walker's improving?

5 Premier League assists so far this season is a pretty good return...

P0169_zps8aae560a.png

VDV: With Villas Boas I had a false start. While with HSV I just felt as though she really needed me... It was a club in need. And I wanted to help.

"During our first conversation (with AVB) he hinted that I had to fight for my place. That in itself is not a problem. I have enough confidence in my abilities. But until that time I was 'the guy' at The Spurs. The contrast with the way Villas-Boas saw it, it was just too big. The club had just bought Sigurdsson who had an advantage, the coach said himself.

"In the same period HSV knocked at the door again. Villas Boas came around shortly afterwards and changed his opinion of me, apparently it was not so smooth with Sigurdsson, but then I had already made ​​my choice. About the club I have no evil words, the atmosphere was great, we had a good team, there is a club being built."

An interesting difference in mentality. VDV is told he has to fight for his place and it becomes a major factor in him leaving Spurs while Dawson is told he can leave and he fights and wins his place back in the line up, looking one of our best central defenders in the process

VDV: With Villas Boas I had a false start. While with HSV I just felt as though she really needed me... It was a club in need. And I wanted to help.

"During our first conversation (with AVB) he hinted that I had to fight for my place. That in itself is not a problem. I have enough confidence in my abilities. But until that time I was 'the guy' at The Spurs. The contrast with the way Villas-Boas saw it, it was just too big. The club had just bought Sigurdsson who had an advantage, the coach said himself.

"In the same period HSV knocked at the door again. Villas Boas came around shortly afterwards and changed his opinion of me, apparently it was not so smooth with Sigurdsson, but then I had already made ​​my choice. About the club I have no evil words, the atmosphere was great, we had a good team, there is a club being built."

An interesting difference in mentality. VDV is told he has to fight for his place and it becomes a major factor in him leaving Spurs while Dawson is told he can leave and he fights and wins his place back in the line up, looking one of our best central defenders in the process

I guess VDV's departure wasn't as amicable as both parties made it out to be at the time. But VDV has always been a stroppy git with a huge ego. The worrying thing here for me is that AVB didn't handle him well, or certain big ego players at Chelsea. I love the current crop of Spurs players, they seem like a really nice bunch and we don't have many petulant players.

If I was to pick three players out of our squad who I think have got the potential to throw their toys out of the pram it's Gallas, Adebayor and Ekotto. Gallas I don't think would be a problem anymore because of his age. Adebayor we are not getting the best out of and Ekotto has only just got back from injury and it will be interesting to see how he copes with being chopped and changed out of the side after being a first team fixture under previous managers.

To really step us up AVB needs to be able to handle big egos better. Winning teams are normally full of very egotistical players and I think it's a failing at Spurs at the moment that we are almost too nice as a side. If we want to make the step up, we need a couple of players with arrogance and aggression. Can AVB handle those sort of players? Time will tell, but we also need model professionals like Dawson and Parker and AVB seems to be handling them well.

VDV had personal issues that obviously were the biggest factor in his move, he never was going to stay.

AVB is young, and will learn, but people also need to be aware that sometimes personality conflicts happen to the best man managers.

We do (continuing the thread hijack), but would Bale be in the positions he is in if VDV was in the side?

I was thinking the same. Not sure if Bale will have full freedom to roam if and when we buy a top striker.

I was thinking the same. Not sure if Bale will have full freedom to roam if and when we buy a top striker.

My guess is that whoever we bring in to play up front will be able to play with Bale to allow him to express himself. And I also reckon he'll be good enough to change his game when Bale isn't playing (for whatever reason).

much respect for dawson, great attitude from him always.

He's deserved club captain and one of our top players!

We could do with more players who show as much passion as he does. He clearly don't like Arsenal too, good to see :p

=D>

In many ways he has been my player of the season...of course Bale is on another planet, but the story of Dawson's season, his attitude, the way he and the manager worked together to see him now become such a vital unshakable part of the side, is the PROPER fairy-tale stuff people never write about. He is a credit to himself, to us and for the manager. What a lovely thing.

EDIT: this is coming from someone who loved Daws but thought he would be sold by AVB as he did not suit the manager's preferred style of play. The player takes enormous credit for refusing to give up the fight and adapting his game, and the manager gets a lot too for being fair AND smart!

Back