• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Millwall Racist Abuse - Again!

Dicko

Edgar Davids
After the Marvin Sordell incident they're at it again.. This time El Hadji Diouf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21424773

The reason I posted this is because there was something that stood out in this report. Check out the Millwall chief executive Andy Ambler quote below... something that I found quite disturbing...

"Sadly racism exists in our society and certain individuals want to bring it into football grounds. It's down to us in football do to more.

"That day against Leeds obviously there was an allegation of abuse made online initially. We investigated it straight away.

"We interviewed stewards, police, players, we looked at the TV footage too as it was live on Sky.

"After speaking to the player [Diouf] who had the alleged abuse at him during the day, he said that he heard no abuse so that was basically at that point the end of the investigation - although we're going to open it again now."

He's basically saying that:
...They investigated it (basically because it was captured live on Sky!)
...Then says they closed the investigation because El Hadji Diouf didn't hear it!!!! (I mean WTF, does that mean everythings ok??)
...But they have since re-opened the investigation (due to outside pressure to look like they are making an effort!)

Watching this on ssn now...unbelievable that this still goes on, and in such a brazen way...

Unfortunately we can't complain about Serbia and Lazio when our own glasshouse is so full of holes.

I think the influx of Eastern Europeans has kicked off the racism issue in ordinary life big time and people are thinking along these lines again, friends I have known for years have said things out of character recently that have surprised me, I believe that racism is starting to get worse unfortunately, the NHS, education, housing etc are all going down under immigration, I dont know what the answer is.

Does anybody know what was on the banner that Millwall displayed after the Sordell incident that led to a 13 year old getting banned?

Incredible. We've come a huge way already, the Premier League radically transformed the way we see the game today within the stands as opposed to the 80s. Reports like this will hopefully go someway towards cracking down further at the worst places in the lower leagues.

credit this time to the media for the right kind of expose.
shame to the EPL officials, ref and Metro Police for just wanting a quiet day at the office and not do the job they were supposed to do. something must be done to them too for allowing the crime to go on.

I watched the racist report on SSN last night. The thing is, they are making racism out to be a massive issue in football, yet it is only 5 or 6 absolute macarons at the likes of Millwall who let everyone down. Programmes like this also probably fuel the pathetic egos of their kind, and encourage it even more.

It is such a shame that a few imbeciles lead to such a thing being a big issue.

I wonder what that scrawny shaven headed cnut would do and say if Diouf confonted him personally....probably go all meek and brick his pants. Scum of the earth.

Unfortunately we can't complain about Serbia and Lazio when our own glasshouse is so full of holes.

I disagree.

1. The Millwall footage is so shocking because such behaviour is now, thankfully, so rare in English football. It isn't rare (or even shocking, sadly) when it happens in Serbia or involves clubs like Lazio.

2. According to the Sky Sports News reports, there were five fans involved in these chants..............five.........out of a crowd of 10-15,000. In Serbia, or against Lazio, it would have been many hundreds, if not thousands, joining in with the chants.

3. In England, we actually make a big deal out of something like this. It is headline news. Government gets involved. Action is taken. In Serbia and the like, it is laughed off; swept under the carpet; dealt with by a slap on the wrist and a paltry fine. In fact, you can't imagine a Serbian TV company even bothering to make such a programme, despite the fact that racism is a far bigger issue there.

Last edited:
I watched the racist report on SSN last night. The thing is, they are making racism out to be a massive issue in football, yet it is only 5 or 6 absolute macarons at the likes of Millwall who let everyone down. Programmes like this also probably fuel the pathetic egos of their kind, and encourage it even more.

Sorry that is just not true at Millwall.. It is not just 5 or 6.. I have been over there a number of times in the home end with family and they have a real problem they need to address.. It can be half the crowd at times.. I don't believe it is this bad at other grounds from my limited experience..

credit this time to the media for the right kind of expose.
shame to the EPL officials, ref and Metro Police for just wanting a quiet day at the office and not do the job they were supposed to do. something must be done to them too for allowing the crime to go on.

What can they do without evidence? Nothing. Now that they have it, something will be done.

Totally agree.

I feel for the overwhelming majority of Millwall fans who are now being tarred with the same brush because of a handful of racist idiots.

The club is an easy target though.

Sorry that is just not true at Millwall.. It is not just 5 or 6.. I have been over there a number of times in the home end with family and they have a real problem they need to address.. It can be half the crowd at times.. I don't believe it is this bad at other grounds from my limited experience..

I have also been over there & i would say that is a wild exaggeration.

If it is only a tiny minority as some believe then it will be easy to tell for sure or not once these faces are picked out and banned*

*Although they will just use other peoples tickets or find a way round it

Indeed, I do feel sorry for the actual decent Millwall fans. The reaction when you tell people who support must get very tedious.

You are correct that was a very bad choice of words saying half the crowd.. What I actually meant trying to be more specific is that they gather in groups of probably 400 people in each block and you get half of them (about 200 of the block) joining in the chanting.. Not half of the whole attendance..

Only way to totally stop it is to come down hard on the club. The penalties have to be harsh to the point of being unfair and then this will introduce a self policing ethos within the fans. Point deductions and behind closed door matches would motivate both clubs and fans into corrective action.

Slap on the wrist punishments like this aren't worth a toss.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21427654

Back