• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Le Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Official Match Thread ***

I have to say, for as much as we do need others to take on some scoring burdens, and as vital as Bale has been, I think we should pick up on how hard the entire side is working right now. Our tenacity when we don't have the ball, from the first minute to the last, has been exceptional IMO. We really do press the ball with tremendous effect, as well as the potential pass, and we thus see a lot of it. And there is a lot more movement designed to help Bale find the space and freedom. I think we are playing to our current strengths, that is to say, with the key injuries and whatever the fudge's up with Ade, we are finding ways (as a team) to adapt and work hard to win these games. Lloris's save was excellent, and Daws...balls literally on the line...I thought this was an impressive win in the circumstances.

balefirstvnewcastlep204u9g.gif
balefirstvnewcastlep2j9uwu.gif

balesecondvnewcastp39eucl.gif
avbfreundbalevnewcastfku0s.gif

I have to say, for as much as we do need others to take on some scoring burdens, and as vital as Bale has been, I think we should pick up on how hard the entire side is working right now. Our tenacity when we don't have the ball, from the first minute to the last, has been exceptional IMO. We really do press the ball with tremendous effect, as well as the potential pass, and we thus see a lot of it. And there is a lot more movement designed to help Bale find the space and freedom. I think we are playing to our current strengths, that is to say, with the key injuries and whatever the fudge's up with Ade, we are finding ways (as a team) to adapt and work hard to win these games. Lloris's save was excellent, and Daws...balls literally on the line...I thought this was an impressive win in the circumstances.

This; It was also vital in that it makes sure that we are ahead of Arsenal no matter what happens by the time we play them. The pressure will be on THEM to win.

That was a good win. We needed to win that before facing Lyon in EL. Maybe we should have won more comfortably but it was important we won as our next 3 league matches are all tough ones. Was worried Saudi Sportswashing Machine might upset us. But fortunately, Bale came to our rescuse, yet again. Bale is carrying the team almost single handedly nowadays. Hopefully Defoe can return soon and get back his scoring form.

This match shows yet again how much we are relying on Bale to get us the goals and win matches now. It is nice to see Bale being a consistent goal scorer. It was 2 well-taken goals by him. It was a perfect freekick by him for the first goal. It is nice to see us scoring direct from a freekick. And it was really cool the way he scored the second goal. But the fact Bale is the only ones scoring our goals in the last 3 matches is a bit worrying. Bale cannot score all the time as he also wasted 3 golden chances late in the match. He should have scored atleast one of those. He should have passed to the unmarked Adebayor instead of shooting straight at the goalie for his first miss. It was fortunatle the ball fell to his weaker right foot for the second chance.

Apart from Bale, we did have other chances to score. Dempsey should have done better with Bale's cross early in the 1st half. Similiarly Holtyby had 3 good chances and should have atleast hit the target with one of those. Caulker should have done better with his header in the second half. We cannot afford to waste chances like that in tight matches like these. Fortunately, Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't take advantage of that. Again disappointed with the contribution of Dembele and Lennon to our attacks. Lennon really should step up and contibute more goals to us. Didn't expect much from Adebayor and so was not disappointed by his lack of contribution. But Adebayor did have the assist for Bale's goal, I think.

It was a big gamble by AVB to field a relatively young defence with Dawson, Caulker, Walker and Naughton. It was risky as all of them are error-prone. You are not going to keep a clean sheet when Dawson-Caulker are in defence and so it proved. It was a really bad defending for Saudi Sportswashing Machine's goal. And we were lucky not to concede further as Lloris made brilliant save in the second half. Apart from that, the defence did well as they didn't make too many silly errors. Hopefully Kaboul and Vertonghen will be able to start together this season.

It is nice to go into the Lyon match in EL with the winning mood. We are now unbeaten in 10 league matches, winning 6 and drawing 4. Hope we can extend this run further so that it will help our race for top 4 finish.

Back