• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I wonder if people would be so harsh to judge were Adebayor from, say, South Africa.

People dont give a flying fudge from where he comes from, he has had 5 days to get an 8 hour flight back to London and if he hasnt he is a proper **** who is fudging the club and the fans over and he can do one...

If he doesn't show up or play, I'd be disappointed in him. On the other hand, this could all be a clever gambit by AVB.

It certainly gives Alain Pardieu a mystery to solve regarding which Spurs team he'll face and what tactics to use.

I don't think for one nanosecond it's a clever gambit, or there's anything clever about the situation at all.

At best it's an embarrassing farce and shambles. At worst it could wreck our CL hopes. ADe had best have a good reason for his behaviour, because ATM it looks like a disgrace.

While I somewhat understand it, I really don't agree with all of the Ade bashing. Sure, he has behaved unprofessionally at times. Sure, the Arsenal red card was a massive mistake. Sure, he hasn't always been at his best this season. But we are so close to getting back to the promised land of the CL, and I think we'll need Ade massively if we are going to get back. He was fantastic for us last season, and played like the best striker we've had since Berba left. Due to injuries, suspension, and the African Cup of Nations, he really hasn't gotten a true run in the side this season, but I really hope all the fans get behind him when he comes back, because at his best, he's a truly fantastic striker. Maybe we should have gone for Damiao, but we didn't. JD is hurt, and Ade is going to have to play a massive part. And, I think he'll come good, because on his day, he's still fudging class. Let's get behind the team for the next few months, and sort it out this summer while we are planning for the CL! COYS!

While I somewhat understand it, I really don't agree with all of the Ade bashing. Sure, he has behaved unprofessionally at times. Sure, the Arsenal red card was a massive mistake. Sure, he hasn't always been at his best this season...

That sure is a lot sures. I'm sure I don't want him here next season. I'm sure he knows he won't be here next season. And I'm sure he's gonna be a useless c**t till then.

http://bwinbetting.com/leagues/premier-league/spurs-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-key-stats,36559.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21311425

Both these organisations report Ade is back. Durham on talksport and SSN say he is back. The only issue now is his fitness.

Ade was injured and when he returned he had to learn to play with JD. He gradually got better and is currently in good form (scored in 2 recent games.)

I hope he and the Deuce are fit for tomorrow as I am looking forward to see them play together.

I bet Tony Gale would laugh his head off if he read some of the posts in this thread.

There have been lots of strange posts in this thread. Gale started a rumour about Ade's attitude that some here chose to believe.

Mate we dont need Tony Gale to tell us Ade's attitude is suspect just look back at his last few clubs

That sure is a lot sures. I'm sure I don't want him here next season. I'm sure he knows he won't be here next season. And I'm sure he's gonna be a useless c**t till then.

why don't you want him here next season?

this 'incident' is literally the only problem he has caused us in a season and a half and we don't even have half a clue between us what has actually gone on/happened yet everyone is jumping at the bit to fudge the guy off.

Last edited:
Mate we dont need Tony Gale to tell us Ade's attitude is suspect just look back at his last few clubs

I was delighted with Ade's contribution last season and the best is yet to come from him this season. I like watching him play football. The attitude stuff is 100% Gale flimflam IMO.

I was delighted with Ade's contribution last season and the best is yet to come from him this season. I like watching him play football. The attitude stuff is 100% Gale flimflam IMO.

I agree he was fantastic, you cannot fault him one bit, he does have a lot of previous and its still always a worry for me

He is making things difficult for himself with this behaviour. Ok, I don't know what has caused the delay, but he better have a very good reason for using five days to get from South Africa to London ahead of a very important game for his team when he is our only available striker. It is not acceptable, unless he indeed has this very good reason we don't know about. If he doesn't start the game tomorrow because of his late arrival and we drop points, or if he plays and performs poorly because of his lack of match preparation, I can't see that going down well with fans. Basically, if we don't win, fans could easily get on his back I think.

But perhaps he wants to leave to club and this is all part of his strategy.

OK, fella, it looks like I will add you to the list of rude pedants on this site. I thought you were one of the better posters here.
I thought we were having a discussion about Adebayor's fitness not whether he was on holidays or an IT course.
I take the view he maybe needs a few days off or even longer and you disagree.
Nobody is "right" or "wrong."
Our conversation on this matter is concluded.

I'm struggling to see what was rude about my post.

Ironic, though, that you cannot see the inherent rudeness in your posts on the matter.

You accused me of likening the ACN to a holiday for Ade. Wrong. I did no such thing.

And when I pointed out that I had done no such thing, you changed tack and accused me instead of implying that the ACN was like a holiday for Ade. Again wrong. How do I know? Because, funnily enough, I know what I meant when I wrote what I did. And you don't know what I meant.

You made an incorrect inference (and you're an intelligent chap..... so I don't need to explain to you the critical difference between an inference and an implication). Nothing wrong with that, of course. We all do it from time to time. And, normally, I wouldn't labour the point. But your repeated subsequent refusal to concede that you might know less about my thinking than I do was both presumptuous and rude.

So, contrary to your claim, in this instance someone was indeed wrong. That someone was you. Conversation concluded.

Pedant
I thought we were having a discussion about Adebayor's fitness not whether he was on holidays or an IT course.

Edited

You accused me of likening the ACN to a holiday for Ade. Wrong. I did no such thing.

And when I pointed out that I had done no such thing, you changed tack and accused me instead of implying that the ACN was like a holiday for Ade. Again wrong. How do I know? Because, funnily enough, I know what I meant when I wrote what I did. And you don't know what I meant.

You made an incorrect inference (and you're an intelligent chap..... so I don't need to explain to you the critical difference between an inference and an implication). Nothing wrong with that, of course. We all do it from time to time. And, normally, I wouldn't labour the point. But your repeated subsequent refusal to concede that you might know less about my thinking than I do was both presumptuous and rude.

So, contrary to your claim, in this instance someone was indeed wrong. That someone was you. Conversation concluded.

Thanks for your reply. I rest my case.

I will leave the last pedantic word to you.

ATM, for me Ade is bang out of order and I'm fuming with him. Naturally, if there's a good reason why het's let the club down so badly I'll be happy to hear it.

To me it's simple, he should have been back by Tuesday at the latest. Even if he was excused training till Thursday he could have been getting some sleep and acclimatising himself back to England and winter.

I'm assuming of course he cares about the club, such an assumption is quite likely naive and misguided on my part.

Back