• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your highest point as a Spurs fan?

As i am not as old as a lot of the people on here my highest points have to be Crouchy goal Vs City, The win at the emirates and also the win at OT.

So funny.
I'd flown in the night before and stayed in a Yotel capsule at T3 for 6 hours before setting off to meet my mate. Bag dropped at his his, we took off, the car in a cloud of doom and pessimism other than me. I was, at that point, jet-lagged and sleep-deprived (i did not get any rest in the Yotel, just lay there watching the telly)...I not only felt SURE we would do it, I had a debate with one of my mates about how important Crouch might be and how I wanted him to play.

I was supremely confident in the ground, a few beers, singing loudly (we always get a good sing-song at City both old and new ground) and it felt like a very, very special night. For 70-odd minutes I was supremely confident Then JD just missed that ball across, as did Crouch, sliding in, goal gaping. I turned to my mates and said 'that was the moment wasn't it? fudge!' to which one of them said 'don't lose faith now, there's one more golden one coming'...we were just to the right of the goal about 7 -8 rows from the front when Crouchy scored, and I we went fudging mental. But those last 10 mins or so? Ha! I was nervous. I remember singing up just to spend the energy. There was one moment right near the end when BAE allowed the ball to go out for our throw (as I remember) and THAT was when I felt it again. When that whistle went, oh well...fudge...

On the way home (via a boozy interlude at the Knutsford services) someone started debating how far we'd go in the CL. I said we were made for that competition (still believe we are right now!) but that we shouldn't look forwards too much but just enjoy the night, the moment, and the triumph. I never took it for granted.
Thank fudge!

There are hundreds, maybe thousands of stories like yours. But they never, ever get boring. Each one encapsulates that night in a new and unexpected way.

For one summer after that night, we were unstoppable, and the future looked limitless. Under swashbuckling, 'ave a go 'Arry, we would sweep all aside with the raw energy of Gareth Bale, the artistry of Modric, and the little n' large duo of Crouchie and Defoe. Anything was possible, and the CL looked like becoming a regular fixture for this club, for the first time in....well, our history.

How the optimism of that summer unravelled over the next couple of seasons is heartbreaking in itself, because it was so gradual, and imperceptible. But it also emphasises just how special that night was. For one day, one week, one summer, we were kings.

And stories like yours always bring me back to that night, jumping madly around the bar, hugging random strangers, buying rounds for everyone and then moving on to the next pub to dispense more of my largesse, singing about Spurs going to Wembley at 5 in the morning in some neighbourhood I had stumbled into, in some part of town I had never been to.

I spent close to five hundred dollars that night. If my buddy hadn't partly subsidized me, I would have spent a lot more. As it was, I was broke and smelled like a pickled herring when I woke up the next morning. I didn't care. Still don't.

For our sakes, let's hope AVB can bring back some of that joie de vivre. We definitely miss it. ;)

Last edited:
I only started supporting Spurs in 1994, so I missed a lot the highlights mentioned. My favorite memories are the 5-1 win over the arse in the Carling Cup semi final and beating them 3-2 a couple of years ago at their place.

As already mentioned,
91 semi and final.
The league cup wins.
Crouch's winner.

Games I attended,
The Danny Rose goal. I was on such a downer after the FA cup semi defeat to Portsmouth a few days before and wasn't the only one who was expecting the worse against Arsenal. I think it was one of the first times Hudd & Modric played center mid together and it looked very lightweight on paper. Great performances all round though. Gomes was incredible. That week really was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Inter Milan home game. Especially the 3rd goal. It would've been the Spurs thing to do to throw away a two goal lead after such a fine performance, so when Pav scored, the relief and elation was immense.

Beating Milan at the San Siro. On my own surrounded by Italians. Think I celebrated their goal being disallowed at the end more than I did Crouch's.

And although it obviously doesn't compare to the above performances, another great moment that always brings a smile to my face was when Kranjcar scored the winner in injury time against Bolton, a minute after the jumbotron had shown that Arsenal had just blown a 4 goal lead against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Yeah, our entrance was block D as I remember...remember that there was an open day at Cheshunt that close season? I got both ticket stubs signed, one by Glenn (the first game) and one by Ricky (the replay stub)...happy days...BTW, what a BRILLIANT football match it was, and to be fair, McKenzie scored a goal that in any other final would've been Cup Final goal of the decade. But then came Ricky!

Yep, without doubt one of the greatest finals ever. To have two of the best FA Cup Final goals ever in the same - simply sensational

and we won, which was the main thing :)

I'm going to go for Wembley '91, but Lineker's second goal, rather than Gazza's free kick. Also it was the first time I'd been there. We'd been under pressure, but when the 3rd went in I just knew we'd done it! And it was at our end, place went absolutely mental! Going back down Wembley Way singing "Where's your double gone?".

Others -
Ricky Villa
Walker's OG in 91 final
1984 UEFA Cup Final
Crouch at Etihad
Crouch at San Siro
Lennon finally beating Chelsea
Ar5en1l
2008 League Cup Final
Finally getting to see Spurs in the CL against Werder Bremen and hearing the music at the Lane
The 2-1 against Chelsea in 2010 (I was in East Lower corner near Park Lane) came out hoarse and knackered - brilliant atmosphere
Armstrong's goal against the Scum in 95 - I was Park Lane Lower and knew it was in as soon as he hit it as the ball came straight towards me.
Clint against Man Yoo for the same reason as above, except this time I was in Lower Paxton.

Oh and seeing Glenn Hoddle play for Swindon. My old man insisted that I saw Hoddle play before he retired. He actually named me after him - he gave the old dear the choice between Glenn & Osvaldo! Can't think why she chose the former...

YEp, I was there when Swindon won the play offs, only goal I saw Glenn score at Wembley. That was special for me. I saw quite a few Swindon games and their fans were different class. So much better than our fans on the whole and probably most Prem fans. Admittedly it was a great time for Swindon, so maybe they're not always that good, but I used to love going to their games, usually away, they were both nice and passionate, it was a real eye-opener for me.

Funny, i was just thinking about this the other day when i was watching highlights and reactions from the carling cup final in 08. When the ref blew i started crying again, now nearly 5 years later. It brought back the emotions of the night, you know woddy and King hugging, Tainio and Robbo hugging, keano crying and going over to Berba hugging, and my fellow yids going mental.

At the time i was living in Oslo, but i couldnt see the finale live, because my own team had a footballtournament that day. But they were showing the game on replay later that night. I had turned off my phone, and told everyone i know not to contact me. And it actually worked, i did not know the result. We started so bright, but no luck, and then Drogba with one of his signature free kicks. Boom 1-0 Chelsea. I thought that was it. You know the rest, when the game was over i just sat there in my room crying for about half an hour before i called my dad and sister. So proud, so happy.
First beating scum 5-1 and then chelsea, it meant we were back as a threat.
A very emotianal day for me.

0-1 at Etihad is another.

Live it has to be beating Milan at San Siro. What a day. Wet and cold as fu*k. Drinking and singing with fellow yids all day at piazza duomo. That metroride and walk to the stadium was unbelievable. Watching my heroes go out on such a historic stadium to the CL hymn. Oh man, would never believe it. And the same as DaveYid, my mate and I sat surrounded by Italians when Crouch scored, celebrating like crazy. But was told to sit the fu*k down. Happy days!

I have been waiting for one of the guys who goes to away games to say the highest point as a spurs fan is sitting in the gods at St James Park or whatever the fudge it is called now.

When we lost 3-4 to Sevilla in the Ueffa. The Jol Era in general was a real feel good time, we got our club back.

Martin Jol put some pride back in the club where we had been awful for ages before. He really got the club, fans loved him and he loved us.

We lost that game but second half MARTIN JOLS BLUE and WHITE ARMY for 30 minutes when we losing a sea of noise.

Watching Spurs play in the San Siro in the champions league has to be up there. Before that the only Spurs european tie i saw was against Kaiserslautern in the 90's.
One of my best Spurs memories was 2-0 at home to Middlesborough under Jol - the first game i ever attended as a season ticket holder. Managed to keep hold of it for the next three seasons before i couldn't afford it anymore.

Stalteri scoring against West Ham was quality, but as other people have said;

Still smile at that great moment and hearing the first two words after that out of that anti-Spurs eejit Andy Gray: "OHHHHHHhhhhhh Nohhhhh!" He'd been hyping West Ham all game, practically wetting himself when they took a 3-2 lead.

Apart from the great games that have already been mentioned - 81 cup final replay, the '84 UEFA Cup was an exceptional night , Gazzas 91 semi goal, I think the announcement that we had signed Jurgen was a real jaw dropping moment. Still can hear the net rippling after he hit this screamer.

jurgohu2k.gif

Another high point was Ossie and the guys giving it large on TOTP.

All together now ! \o/=D>

[video=youtube;WCXdlxZ5RiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCXdlxZ5RiM[/video]

1) Carling Cup Final: Berbatov scoring the penalty, I knew from the second I woke up that day we would win. I was bouncing off the ceiling when Woodgate scored \o/
2) The week when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea to set us up for the City game, what a week!!
3) Really close between, Bale's hat-trick against Inter, I had been telling my mates Bale was getting better each game he played and he was gonna be star. Or the Milan away game real team performance very un-Spurs like game as we setup to play for a sneaky 1-0 victory and we got it. Milan had a hell of a team then as well.

Back