• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

There might only be one CPO for the actual stadium site, but there are ancillary developments plus the stadium approach. The latter might need the bringing down of one or more of those tower blocks which have a few flats not owned by the council. While these are not necessary for the stadium, any leverage Spurs have on the design of the approach disappears when they start the stadium. The ease of access could also impact any attempt to up the stadium capacity

Tottenham are a partner in this scheme. An enabling development that should bring in some profit. So a bit of progress and good news:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/n..._for_major_development_in_tottenham_1_1831595

New school places and dozens of jobs included in plans for major development in Tottenham

Tuesday, January 29, 2013
11:54 AM

An abandoned industrial estate in Tottenham is to be transformed into a new school, affordable homes and start-up business space after development plans were approved last night.

The development of the former Cannon Rubber Factory on the High Road signals the start of major regeneration for Tottenham after being given the green light by Haringey Council’s planning committee.

Crucially, it is expected to create dozens of new jobs for local people.

Highlights of the scheme, to be developed by the Newlon Housing Trust, are:

* A primary school offering 120 much-needed reception places and eventually catering for 420 pupils, earmarked for opening in 2015.

* Commercial units for successful start-up businesses aimed at Tottenham-based entrepreneurs, providing jobs for local people

* 222 affordable homes in four carbon-efficient buildings with a mix of shared ownership and rented properties

The one-hectare site, near White Hart Lane Station, forms a key part of the council’s plan for Tottenham and will see the creation of 75 jobs.

Hartsbrook E-Act Free School, which opened last September in temporary classrooms at the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London, will move into the new development in September 2015.

Three units at the base of the buildings will give new space for Tottenham-based start-up businesses – such as those who have taken advantage of the council’s employment hub at 639 High Road – to grow into, creating scores of new jobs.

Environmental credentials are at the centre of the development which has its own heat and power plant, while all flats have a balcony and access to a rooftop garden as well as 268 cycle spaces.

Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet member for economic development, said: “I am pleased that this development has been approved, further demonstrating the council’s commitment to the long-term regeneration of Tottenham.

“The new primary school will create hundreds of vital places for Haringey’s children, while many new jobs and affordable homes are also set to be created.”

The former factory has had only a handful of employees working on the site for years and many of the mid-1960s buildings have been demolished.

Tottenham are a partner in this scheme. An enabling development that should bring in some profit. So a bit of progress and good news:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/n..._for_major_development_in_tottenham_1_1831595

New school places and dozens of jobs included in plans for major development in Tottenham

Tuesday, January 29, 2013
11:54 AM

An abandoned industrial estate in Tottenham is to be transformed into a new school, affordable homes and start-up business space after development plans were approved last night.

The development of the former Cannon Rubber Factory on the High Road signals the start of major regeneration for Tottenham after being given the green light by Haringey Council’s planning committee.

Crucially, it is expected to create dozens of new jobs for local people.

Highlights of the scheme, to be developed by the Newlon Housing Trust, are:

* A primary school offering 120 much-needed reception places and eventually catering for 420 pupils, earmarked for opening in 2015.

* Commercial units for successful start-up businesses aimed at Tottenham-based entrepreneurs, providing jobs for local people

* 222 affordable homes in four carbon-efficient buildings with a mix of shared ownership and rented properties

The one-hectare site, near White Hart Lane Station, forms a key part of the council’s plan for Tottenham and will see the creation of 75 jobs.

Hartsbrook E-Act Free School, which opened last September in temporary classrooms at the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London, will move into the new development in September 2015.

Three units at the base of the buildings will give new space for Tottenham-based start-up businesses – such as those who have taken advantage of the council’s employment hub at 639 High Road – to grow into, creating scores of new jobs.

Environmental credentials are at the centre of the development which has its own heat and power plant, while all flats have a balcony and access to a rooftop garden as well as 268 cycle spaces.

Cllr Alan Strickland, cabinet member for economic development, said: “I am pleased that this development has been approved, further demonstrating the council’s commitment to the long-term regeneration of Tottenham.

“The new primary school will create hundreds of vital places for Haringey’s children, while many new jobs and affordable homes are also set to be created.”

The former factory has had only a handful of employees working on the site for years and many of the mid-1960s buildings have been demolished.

very good news indeed, some real investment in the community there. now what about the stadium plans...

Don't see how we will make money out of something that is meant to be community based? Maybe indirectly in having out name associated with good causes but would have thought there would be uproar if private firms were making wads of cash out of community services.

Don't see how we will make money out of something that is meant to be community based? Maybe indirectly in having out name associated with good causes but would have thought there would be uproar if private firms were making wads of cash out of community services.

We will make something out of the housing, I would think.

community housing is usually a gift in kind to the council on big jobs like this, isn't it ?

edit : ah i see it's 'affordable homes' - we'll be making something out of that then i guess

Last edited:
I think this is more something that boosts the affordable homes allocation in the overall area and compensates for their removal from the southern NDP plans. I doubt there is profit in this project, but its allows the club's development to make more profit on housing.

Sorry if I am repeating old questions but Im not sure I have the time to go through 113 pages;

1) Does anyone know if the stadium will go ahead and be built, even if we cannot find a suitable naming rights candidate? (Tough economy 'n all?)
2) Is the "Kop" type stand still being built, and if so, will spurs push the FA for safe standing in this section? (I think I know the answer to this one already, but heres hoping...)

Cheers!

1) No one apart from Levy and the board knows the answer to that. However, I doubt they have come this far without a good idea of what they can get. It will be more a matter of getting slightly more or slightly less than the target amount, rather than all or nothing.

2) The Kop is in the approved plans. Given the praise the proposal received, I see no reason why they would change it. With a new stadium, the goal will be to maximise revenues and, while safe standing could increase the revenues (more paying slightly less), it wouldn't be a huge difference. More importantly, it would allow others to expand capacity without a new stadium. I expect the new stadium to put us firmly in the against camp.

It would add to the capacity of the system even if using the same stations (Tottenham Hale and Seven Sisters).

The plan for Tottenham talks about improving the access to Northumberland Park Station. Could that be added to the cross-rail stops?

It would add to the capacity of the system even if using the same stations (Tottenham Hale and Seven Sisters).

The plan for Tottenham talks about improving the access to Northumberland Park Station. Could that be added to the cross-rail stops?

Yes, certainly the extra capacity would make a difference. But only a small difference because passengers would still face a 20 minute + walk to the stadium.

In terms of clearing the immediate area around WHL on match days, it would be of limited help.

And in terms of lifting property prices in the immediate area of the NDP, it would also only be of limited help.

I saw this schematic posted on SSC as a possible route for Crossrail 2 which shows a stop at Northumberland Park (which is the station I use to get to games as the trains going there tend to be much less crowded than those going to White Hart Lane in my experience). This would seem like a good way of transporting some of the 20,000 additional fans heading to/from matches but a shame that the earliest it could be ready is a couple of decades away!

Crossrail 2 by Sparkyscrum, on Flickr

Nice pic! I think the ally pally link to turnpike lane is all houses now though, there was a branch there once and you can still sort of see its path.

Slightly aside, HS2 wouldn't be as needed if Beeching hadn't prematurely closed half the railways. The big difference now of course is the channel tunnel. If hs2 can get me from Manchester to Paris / mainland europe in 2 hours, I can see nothing stopping it, or expanding the channel tunnel eventually.

Nice pic! I think the ally pally link to turnpike lane is all houses now though, there was a branch there once and you can still sort of see its path.

Slightly aside, HS2 wouldn't be as needed if Beeching hadn't prematurely closed half the railways. The big difference now of course is the channel tunnel. If hs2 can get me from Manchester to Paris / mainland europe in 2 hours, I can see nothing stopping it, or expanding the channel tunnel eventually.

Can't imagine Parisians being too happy about a load of mancs turning up.

The current infrastructure is adequate to cope with the extra crowds.

People simply have to lave earlier to get to the ground.

Thousands of people are there early anyway, cramming the pubs, so those people simply have to leave earlier too.

There'll be some initial problems, but soon people will work out the optimimu time for leaving the pub, leaving home etc, and getting there on time.

There were no more stations bus routes AFAIK in the 60s when I first started going. You simply got to the ground in plenty of time. Even worse, in those days if you left it too late, you might get locked out for the big games. Happened to me once, never again, always made sure i was on time after that.

I used to have a recurring nightmare for years that I'd left too late to get the last traing, i ended up in the wrong station, etc

horrible stuff

The current infrastructure is adequate to cope with the extra crowds.

People simply have to lave earlier to get to the ground.

Thousands of people are there early anyway, cramming the pubs, so those people simply have to leave earlier too.

There'll be some initial problems, but soon people will work out the optimimu time for leaving the pub, leaving home etc, and getting there on time.

There were no more stations bus routes AFAIK in the 60s when I first started going. You simply got to the ground in plenty of time. Even worse, in those days if you left it too late, you might get locked out for the big games. Happened to me once, never again, always made sure i was on time after that.

I used to have a recurring nightmare for years that I'd left too late to get the last traing, i ended up in the wrong station, etc

horrible stuff

At weekends that's all well and good but for mid-week matches (hopefully Spurs are Champions League regulars in future seasons!) it is a mare to get to The Lane for a 7:45 kick off for those of us not living in London, as can't always get the afternoon off work and the trains are invariably absolutely packed during the evening rush hour as it is.

Back