• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which striker (that changed clubs this January) should we have signed?

Odemwingie

2912347_o.gif

Sturridge, though I don't know if Chelski would have sold him to us.

Not only is he a quality forward that we need, Liverpool now look the business with him partnering Suarez.

Ba, sturridge.

unfortunately i have to say - in what world would we be able to come out victorious in a battle with Chelsea for a player?

Sturridge? gettable i guess but not a player id be happy with signing if im honest

Do you think that we would have matched the salaries that they on at Liverpool and Chelsea if we were interested? Where do you think they would be in the pecking order, if they had joined us?

Ba would be first choice striker

I don't like Sturridge

Didn't Sturridge and AVB dislike each other? Would've fit us well though.

My favorite was Ba, but he's also SO coldbloodedly mercenary I think he could've caused dressing room problems. In truth it's interesting to see that so many linked strikers - Negredo, Hooper, Bony, Son, RvW, Szalai, Leandro - didn't move despite the hoopla. Agents want to wait till the summer for the TV deal funds - right now it's mainly about stirring up media hype.

The one striker I want now is in-form Ade though! ;) 17 goals and 11 assists is nothing to sniff at - hell I doubt if any of the strikers I've mentioned can match that. Hope the big man comes back fit and happy!

Within the PL/English football - Zaha and Remy, both affordable (just about), and both could have been persuaded about the merits of joining us, if we'd probably tried hard enough.

Outside PL football; Giuseppe Rossi. Gotten cheaper due to his double ACL injury, but consequently also gotten less risky to take a gamble on. Isaac Cuenca, good wing-forward who would have offered us another option when attacking down the flanks. And Nene, a good technical forward with a surprising amount of upper-body strength.

It would be a poor scout, however, who couldn't find any strikers beyond that lot who would have been willing to move, but ultimately didn't. The point is, there was enough talent moving around (and waiting around) out there for us to spot and grab if we were genuinely interested in making the best possible case for fourth place. Levy chose the long-term game, which is understandable. But if we miss out on fourth place, arguably our best player in Gareth will be set to leave, and set us back even further than Modric's departure did. Which defeats the entire purpose of prudent management, i.e; progress.

Sigh.

i was thinking the same thing. Nobody moved this window that I thought "if only.....". We did get Holtby who will create goals for us, something we missed since Modric and VDV. Dempsey, Lennon, Sig and Dembele will be like new signings.

We've got some names now, which of those deals could we have hijacked and what would it have cost us?

Within the PL/English football - Zaha and Remy, both affordable (just about), and both could have been persuaded about the merits of joining us, if we'd probably tried hard enough.

Outside PL football; Giuseppe Rossi. Gotten cheaper due to his double ACL injury, but consequently also gotten less risky to take a gamble on. Isaac Cuenca, good wing-forward who would have offered us another option when attacking down the flanks. And Nene, a good technical forward with a surprising amount of upper-body strength.

It would be a poor scout, however, who couldn't find any strikers beyond that lot who would have been willing to move, but ultimately didn't. The point is, there was enough talent moving around (and waiting around) out there for us to spot and grab if we were genuinely interested in making the best possible case for fourth place. Levy chose the long-term game, which is understandable. But if we miss out on fourth place, arguably our best player in Gareth will be set to leave, and set us back even further than Modric's departure did. Which defeats the entire purpose of prudent management, i.e; progress.

Sigh.

Zaha isn't a striker.

to keep banging my drum on Drogba, he claims his contract is void so no transfer fee (this may turn out to be wrong as the Chinese club are challenging it), just his wages, potentially astronomical but maybe Levy could have talked him down on the basis of bringing him back to London

Ba or Llorente would've been perfect, unfortunately bigger clubs came in for them. I've only watched Leandro Damiao during the olympics so can't say if he'd also fit the bill.

Actully prefer that we didn't spend 8-10M on some decent 2nd/3rd choice striker (Negredo or Hooper) as this strategy seems to be draining our resources.

I actually believe Adebayor will come back and have a storming end of season campaign. The only thing that still annoys me is that we weren't in for Berbatov in the summer. Despite the history he would have been absolutely perfect.

For the summer window I hope City buy a new striker and that we can get Dzeko.

Back