• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

Plastic Man Utd helmet on FB - goals win games.fact. ur players must be really brick with that amount of possesion and cant win a game.

Me - Hahahahahahaha bitter much, I do agree about the chances though to be fair Da Gaer had a cracking game though, if we had RVP we would win the league, if you didnt have him you would be 10th, 1 man team as bad as Arsenal last year

Plastic Manc - if if if if if if if if if.....thats why top clubs buy top players.United tore you to shreads in the first half,you must have thanked your lucky stars that our final ball hadnt been better.We even rester Rooney,Nani and Valenica to give you a chance FFS

Me - and you had 39% possession and 4 attempts how exactly did you rip us to shreds hahaha, that the funniest thing ive read for a long time...

tell the mug to attach a hosepipe to his exhaust, then cry you a river!

I don't know how they rate RVP, but I rate him the best player in the country. He got Arsenal above us last season, and is the key reason why United will win the title this season.

I'd agree with that and he is a truly world class player but I remember so many ratings threads where someone would say for eg "Defoe 6 - besides the goal, didnt do much" For instance, in this game what rating would you give for his performance?

I don't think there was any doubt that Spurs were the best team today - the entire team performed very well indeed.

If I have to single one player out, it would be Dembele, who was quite outstanding.

So four points out of six from Manchester United this season.

And we're now five points better off than we were in the identical fixtures last season.

Onwards & upwards!

Isn't it heartening to read headlines of 'Heroic Defensive Display' by Utd. Last weekend it was the same from the press about QPR who were at home, this time the champions elect (it appears).

Also Fergie knows full well that his rant will take the headlines away from what otherwise a high % of journalists might have written about us dominating them. Very calculated IMO.

=P~ the force is with us right now, just need to keep it going.

Gareth Bale ‏@GarethBale11
Good to score a late goal for a change but felt we deserved more after a great team performance. A point against United is never bad though

I feel the most positive I have felt after a Spurs game in fudging ages! To me, it really feels like a win. Despite dominating them for the most, and being a goal down, it was the bottle and belief that did me proud. You make your own luck, like Man U have over the years, with a never say die attitude
(and a little help from the ref.. in their case!!) Today we had belief, and we fudging did it, we mugged whiskey faced old tinkley pants off proper, in fergie time. Joking & insults aside, I hope that gives the lads the belief to never, ever, give up. Proud!

ibo9nOyy5b6mTn.gif

Usually a good source:http://www.101greatgoals.com/goals/england/team-sheets-tottenham-v-manchester-united/
but wasn't there one a few pages back?

I think this is a massive point today:

- for once it was US that scored a late, LATE equaliser
- it will give the team confidence in the many big games we have to come at WHL; we can go toe-to-toe with the best of 'em
- our ground can start to feel a bit more like a fortress (hey we usually bend over for Manure if a goal down at home after the first half)
- we lost ground on Chelski BUT gained a point on L'Arse

If we can win against Norwich it can put us in confident mood for the run-in.

COYS

Manchester United nullified Gareth Bale but forgot about Aaron Lennon

Phil Jones was selected to help contain the Welshman but space opened up on the other flank

Michael Cox
The Guardian, Sunday 20 January 2013 20.49 GMT

Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, left, caused plenty of problems for the Manchester United defender Patrice Evra at White Hart Lane. Photograph: Ian Kington/AFP/Getty Images
To understand Manchester United's cautious strategy at White Hart Lane, think back to their 3-2 defeat by Tottenham at Old Trafford in September. Then Spurs had terrorised the United back four with powerful dribbles from deep positions – Mousa Dembélé provided bursts from central midfield, Jan Vertonghen motored forward to open the scoring but Gareth Bale was inevitably the principal threat with surging runs on the ball. Therefore United's entire approach was intended to prevent André Villas-Boas's side attacking quickly into space.

Whereas Sir Alex Ferguson ordered high pressing against Liverpool last weekend, here they stood off, defending deep and ensuring there was little space in behind their back four. There was little space in front of it either, at least towards Bale's flank. His dribbling ability was the reason for Phil Jones's surprise involvementJones sat patiently in front of the defence, right-of-centre, always in a position to help Rafael da Silva deal with Bale. The Brazilian has fared well in one-against-one situations against the Tottenham winger over the past couple of seasons – Bale's goal at Old Trafford earlier in the season coming when the Welshman charged directly at the centre of United's defence.

Jones's positioning here prevented that possibility, as he subtly ushered Bale down the flank, where Da Silva's good defending meant it took Bale an hour to deliver a decent cross. As Bale became frustrated at his lack of space, he wandered into the centre of the pitch, away from both Jones and Da Silva.

That, in itself, was evidence that United's approach had been successful: Bale's experiments with a central role last season came after he complained about being double-marked, especially in home games, but he does not possess the all-round ability to thrive from a starting position in the centre, particularly as United remained so deep and compact.

United, however, by focusing on Bale, left gaps for others to exploit – Clint Dempsey, for example, was afforded too much space. There was one glaring example in the second half, when he wandered through the centre of the defence before being denied by David de Gea – Nemanja Vidic had moved across the pitch to track Bale's run, leaving a hole in the visitors' defence.

Phil Jones helped Rafael da Silva cope with Gareth Bale, but Tottenham often found gaps on the opposite flank. Graphic: Guardian
But the major beneficiary was Aaron Lennon, located on the opposite side to Bale. He dribbled at Patrice Evra, forcing the Frenchman into a couple of fouls that saw him booked before half-time, making him reluctant to challenge the Spurs winger after the break. Lennon could duck inside under no pressure and became increasingly threatening with his final ball – he set up a fine chance for Jermain Defoe who was thwarted only by Rio Ferdinand's last-ditch block, and was fittingly the man to tee up Dempsey's equaliser.

United were seconds from victory but had invited continual pressure without offering the counter-attacking threat that vindicated previous defensive-minded performances this season. With their focus on Bale, combined with Lennon's crucial contributions, United's lack of flying wingers was conspicuous: Ashley Young is injured, Nani is out of favour and the substitute Antonio Valencia has been poor in recent months. United only managed two attempts on target, their lowest figure of the season, primarily because they did not have men to carry the ball forward on the break to create chances – Ferguson needed the type of threat he had been so determined to prevent Tottenham showcasing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/20/tottenham-manchester-united-tactics?CMP=twt_gu

Fergie blames the Ref. I cant believe that. He gave them everything again.

We were fantastic today, everyone was. The effort was superb. We kept going, kept our cool and threw everything at the end.

One of the best performances I have seen from this team.

We did to utd what they do to so many teams

Should have won that though in all seriousness

Couldn't agree more. Still feels like two points dropped to me, although that's better than the usual 3 against UTD. Sir Chris Hoy was shocking and Utd were very dirty with lots of off the ball brick going on, but even with all that, if you put a clinical finisher in our team, that's a comfortable win.

just back to the hotel room. Few beers on board, so might not make a lot of sense. But we did not deserve to to loose that today, a draw flattered Utd. I never thought I'd see the day that Utd would play so defensively against us. Slap it up them. One or two attempts. Thought we were brilliant. Benny is back, everything's well in the world!

Yiddo, Yiddo, Yiiddo!

Back