• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Pretty much what I thought - he's just signed his transfer request, imv

Very stupid all-round

What's also annoying about this is even though he may only miss 4 games or whatever it is over this month, if there's any sort of dispute about AVB not wanting him to play for his country even if we get him back at the end of the tournament he still probably won't offer us anything great for the rest of the season if there is any sort of bad blood brewing between Ade and the coaches. It's like when Mido came back, he was getting on with Jol but he was never the same after coming back from that tournament.

I hope what has happened is that AVB has said of course you can go, although if you stayed it would help us and help you because you've had a stop start season and need to pick up some form. But I guess what would be absolutely ideal is if we can bring Leandro in now. When Ade comes back I really hope they can reconcile if there is a problem. And it seems like there is one, however small, because those quotes can't get taken any other way really.

So so annoying. I really had a sense that the whole squad was on board with the new staff. Everyone was feeling involved. Everyone was happy. Everyone was pretty much impressed with the management from the sounds of it. But it always seems Ade is the one making odd quotes about things not clicking and now this. What is he playing at?

This guy is a complete tool and has been taking the tinkle for some time now. Strolling around in vital games, refusing to put his body on the line, getting all chummy with the opposition etc. I have no problem with him going to the ANC either, but why say no and then change your mind at the last moment? He knows exactly what a difficult position this puts the club in re getting a replacemnt. Had we known earlier, the club would have been negotiating a replacement months ago, but now we are left with Jermaine. What happens if he gets suspended or injured, another Rasiek moment. I would be happy to ship him out right now.

From Africatopsports via google translate:

Andre Villas-Boas (Tottenham coach his club, ed) said he did not object to your participation in the ACN ...

Yes, this is normal. In a club there is the coach, the fans and the president. So that's what he told the press, but this is not what he told me. There is a difference between what is said and what the press says face-to-face. So as I said, I'll go there, I will discuss with President Daniel Levy and after I get back. No worries.

Makes no difference either way - he simply commented that is a generic answer from a coach.

He's made his bed by publically slating the manager - good luck from here on

The only ramification, as ever, will be the fan's reactions. Mainly on keyboard.

Unless he misled Levy before signing - we saw what he did with Kanoute.

Those will be the 'visible' ramifications - no one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm very disappointed in this, just to add - he was the closest to replacing Berbatov we've come in 5 years and now seems to be falling apart

Hopefully they can iron it out next month once he's back

That's in reference to the ramifications from here on - the quote is factual and he did say that. Either way - does not sound good and very few players who've sang similar tunes have survived longer than 6 months
Such as?

I can think of at least 3 at Utd alone in recent years (similar context)

RvN
Keane
Heinze

You could argue Beckham was a 50/50.

Our very own Mido.

etc.

You'll have to expand - I can't recall them being chucked out of their club's for something so trivial.

Trivial?

They all criticised 'the structure' in some form or another.

Perhaps Ade will be spared due to our severe lack of firepower in that department

Missed your edit.

I'm sure they committed more heinous acts than a single translated line in an interview to do with an international tournament.

The discussion with Levy may already have taken place, as he was interviewed in Togo on Tuesday. So, there could be "pas de souci" by as early as Saturday lunchtime.

I think it's semantics, you don't seem to mean 'buy a striker', you just mean buy a top quality world class striker. Or i think that's what you mean.

If we have the Ade of last year we'd be fine in the Striker situation. We don't, you win some transfers you lose some.

I could see AVB wanting to sign a striker in the summer, but given Adebayor's recent form, I just think the time is now to bring another striker in.

Jason Burt in the Telegraph mentioned something about AVB working hard on squad unity and making everyone feel important and involved. That coupled with Levy's financial "constraints" makes me think it's extremely unlikely we'll see any short term signings or big names. Anyone coming in will be long term prospects, like Damiao, and if a deal can't be made we're happy to wait for the right players. I for one am very happy with such a model, but I suppose it won't sit well with those requiring big spending and marquee signings.

I agree fully, well put.

I simply fail to see why a young prospect which fits ours model can't also be a massive spending /marquee signing. Anything over 16-17m for us is a considerable investment, imv.

For me those two are not mutually exclusive.

I have no problems defining Damiao as a marquee signing, it's one of those ill-defined footballing terms that get thrown around to mean just about anything.

What Jordinho seemed to me to say was that Levy will keep looking for the good deals that make sense and won't just "go out and fudging buy someone" or "cough up the cash" as some seem to be requiring. There might be a big money move or two, like £15m on Dembele, but only if and when the right deals comes around.

Back