• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Re: O/T Financial Fair Play

Another proposal is the introduction of a wage cap, pegging a club's salary bill to a maximum percentage increase year-on-year.

Talk was that the rise would only allow clubs to increase wages by 5% from one season to the next. Personally with us building a new stadium and probably doubling our gate in the process, I think 5% would definitley restrict us.

Champions League qualification and being restricted by 5% ... IMO it don't work

Talk was that the rise would only allow clubs to increase wages by 5% from one season to the next. Personally with us building a new stadium and probably doubling our gate in the process, I think 5% would definitley restrict us.

Champions League qualification and being restricted by 5% ... IMO it don't work

To be honest that'll cause more problems then it solves. Clubs will on occasion avoid going down in their overall wages as to avoid having issues with the 5% in following seasons.

As much as I like the idea of Financial Fair Play, I equally hate the idea of a fixed wage cap. Of course Man Utd should be allowed to pay higher wages as they make more money and if a club decides to blow their entire wage budget on only a couple of players, then thats their strategic decision and they should be allowed to do so IMO, as long as they balance their budgets.

What truly has ruined the natural competitive balance in the game is when billionaires transform average clubs into regular CL sides and I really hope that the FFP can put an end to that.

Defending huddle stones defensive capabilities is like trying to sell a chocolate teapot on merit

What if the merit of a chocolate teapot was that the tea would taste like chocolate and that you'd have the lovely side effect of having a pool of melted tea/chocolate to pour into another cup?

A8ArVstCMAAvTxn.jpg

Tevez wage slip, wouldn't be against a cool 400K net a month

A8ArVstCMAAvTxn.jpg

Tevez wage slip, wouldn't be against a cool 400K net a month

I don't doubt the numbers are correct but this surely isn't real.

What did he get a £24 FA fine for?

Ask his NI looks too low compared to his PAYE (I'm no expert)

Also it says Emirates Marketing Project 08/09 in the top right hand corner??

I don't doubt the numbers are correct but this surely isn't real.

What did he get a £24 FA fine for?

Ask his NI looks too low compared to his PAYE (I'm no expert)

Also it says Emirates Marketing Project 08/09 in the top right hand corner??

That would be the name of the company that owns the club. Not like any of them are being paid with money earned by the club.

That would be the name of the company that owns the club. Not like any of them are being paid with money earned by the club.

It's probably the case but what about his £24 fine

The date is on the right so that wipes out my theory

Yes. Most of them do. At least on a basic salary.

Then they use comes tax arrangements to avoid tax like Rooney an the public sand by and let them. tossers

Spain's Malaga are one of nine clubs facing further punishment from UEFA over unpaid bills as European football's governing body tightens its financial controls.

UEFA said in a statement on Friday it had lifted the suspension of prize money for 16 of 23 clubs originally targeted in September after they wiped out arrears owed to other teams, their staff or tax authorities.

However, Qatari-owned Malaga, who have qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League in their debut season, failed to meet a deadline of end-September to show they had cleared overdue payments.

Their case has now been referred to UEFA's adjudicatory chamber that has a range of sanctions available including disqualification from current competitions.

After heavy investment to reach the Champions League, Malaga appeared to run into financial problems at the start of the season, delaying payments to players and selling others.

A Malaga spokesman said the club were working to settle debts "as soon as possible" and hoped to "unblock" the situation with UEFA very soon.

He also noted that midfielder Duda, one of the club captains, had said on Thursday that he and the players were satisfied with the guarantees they had received.

UEFA is introducing Financial Fair Play measures designed to force European clubs to balance their books. Clubs could face exclusion from European competition from 2014/15 onwards if they do not curb their losses.

Other clubs facing further action are Croatia's Hajduk Split and Osijek, Romania's Rapid and Dinamo Bucharest and Partizan Belgrade and Vojvodina of Serbia.

Poland's Lech Poznan and Arsenal Kiev of Ukraine also face action. They were not among the clubs originally targeted but their overdue payments situation deteriorated between June and September 2012.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/spain/114789/default.aspx

Surely a fake?

Absolutely a fake but a very clever way to put a point across. Them and us and we expect these guys to care when eg Tevez could retire tomorrow and live in luxury most of us could only dream of
for the rest of his life. I don't begrudge any bugger any dough they earn but where sport is concerned the rule makers' task is paramount.

Malaga have been banned from all UEFA club competitions for one season due to outstanding debts.

The Spanish outfit is one of nine clubs to have had sanctions levied against them following a meeting of UEFA's Club Financial Control Body.

Manuel Pellegrini's side will be prevented from entering the next European competition they qualify for and could face a further season's absence unless the club settles its debts.

Malaga, who are due to face Porto in the last 16 of this season's Champions League, have also been fined £244,000 for breaching UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

A statement on the UEFA website read: "Malaga is excluded from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it would otherwise qualify in the next four seasons (i.e. 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17).

"In addition, Malaga will be excluded from a subsequent UEFA competition for which it would otherwise qualify (in the next four seasons) if it does not prove, by 31 March 2013, that it has no overdue payables towards football clubs or towards employees and/or social/tax authorities."

Five clubs are facing a three-year exclusion unless they can settle their outstanding debts by 31 March; Croatia's Hadjuk Split and Osijek, Rapid Bucharest and Dynamo Bucharest of Romania and Serbian side Partizan Belgrade.

Another Serbian club, Vojvodina, and Ukrainian side Arsenal Kiev were handed fines while a case against Polish side Lech Poznan was dropped.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8349487/UEFA-has-banned-Malaga-from-European-club-competitions-for-one-season

Ooooooo I wonder which mega rich club buys Isco, I can't handle the excitement.

This is ridiculous, so the clubs that over spend, whether deliberately or through miss-management are fined and punished because they can't pay off debt. Yet those with sugar daddies who overspend are free to continue to do so as long as they pay the tax bill and clear their debts with other clubs, which they will obviously do.

All these rules will do is put more poorly managed clubs out of business, which I thought was the exact opposite of what they were trying to achieve.

Emirates Marketing Project reported a loss of £97m and apparently because that's good progress from losing £200m the year before they will escape FFP sanctions, what a joke

Emirates Marketing Project reported a loss of £97m and apparently because that's good progress from losing £200m the year before they will escape FFP sanctions, what a joke

Is it not good progress? We're on course to break even over the next few years, through reduced spending and higher income. We're not completely ignoring FFP like PSG, we're trying to comply with them, and initially that is all they're asking for.

All these rules will do is put more poorly managed clubs out of business, which I thought was the exact opposite of what they were trying to achieve.

The fact you mentioned the word 'business' makes it a completely different issue. If it is about the 'business', then surely the poorly managed clubs will surely fail?

Back