• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Israel Gaza

All I'll say is tragic. 2012 and yet we still can't get along. Innocent people on all sides dieing for no reason.

The pessimist in me looks towards the whole USA egging on Israel to act and try getting a reaction out of Iran thing. Just pray ends quickly with minimal casualties.

Can't see the likes of Blair or Egypt's Prime Minister having much luck with negotiating a ceasefire. Those Irsaeli troops gathered on the border aren't for show.

Got a feeling this time, this sh!t is for real.

Really surprised this thread hasn't gone gangbusters giving we are afterall the Yids...

Terrible scenes today from Gaza, bombing medical centres which are already swamped surely qualifies as a war crime?

Interesting fact;

Since the conflict began, 877 rockets have been fired towards Israel, the IDF says, with 570 landing in Israel and 307 intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defence system.

Really surprised this thread hasn't gone gangbusters giving we are afterall the Yids...

Terrible scenes today from Gaza, bombing medical centres which are already swamped surely qualifies as a war crime?

Interesting fact;

Since the conflict began, 877 rockets have been fired towards Israel, the IDF says, with 570 landing in Israel and 307 intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defence system.

I posted on here a lot during Cast Lead in 2008. There's no point of arguing on here anymore. The situation hasn't changed, it's still a GHod-awful bricky mess. Both sides are to blame, Sit down and talk seriously already, this brick can't continue in perpetuity.

This does make the 'three world wars' stuff (posted before) much more scary.

It's getting ever closer to fulfilment, hope mankind can rise above this.

I posted on here a lot during Cast Lead in 2008. There's no point of arguing on here anymore. The situation hasn't changed, it's still a GHod-awful bricky mess. Both sides are to blame, Sit down and talk seriously already, this brick can't continue in perpetuity.

Neither Hamas or Netanyahu and his party, let alone some of the extreme parties in the government, want to talk. Hamas want to gain support at the expense of Fatah and show the ineffectiveness of decades of talking, while Netanyahu wants to continue settlement building on the West Bank. These periodic escalations of violence suit both sides. Unfortunately, neither side value the lives of Palestinians in Gaza.

Does it make me a bad person that I'm getting bored with this?

A proper two state solution where all citizens in each country have equal rights seems like the obvious answer, however that just doesn't seem likely or even possible at this stage due to the religious differences.

Continuing conflicts seem almost inevitable.

Feels like it might be the big one this time. 911 shocked me because i never thought i would see something like that. Now though i do wonder especailly if Iran get the nuke whether we might see something none of us want to see. I obviously hope not but i do wonder both sides out there seem to have so much hate that they can not talk it out looks like it will end one way.

Feels like it might be the big one this time. 911 shocked me because i never thought i would see something like that. Now though i do wonder especailly if Iran get the nuke whether we might see something none of us want to see. I obviously hope not but i do wonder both sides out there seem to have so much hate that they can not talk it out looks like it will end one way.

Hardly the end of the world though is it?

Just mankind.

Hardly the end of the world though is it?

Just mankind.

You get older and you just sort of wonder don't you. I mean what is going through the mind of those out there.

I hate the EU i think it is destroying this country. But if we dont get the chance to vote our way out of it i would never suggest killing or blowing up the scumbag politicans out there. Just dont get this thirst for war that some seem to have out there.

As you said jokeingly it will have a bigger impact then just the middle east.

Iran getting nukes should just be a flat out no go. Israel and the US are right to take actions preventing that in my opinion.

I don't think the world will allow this kind of conflict to escalate into a world wide conflict though.

You get older and you just sort of wonder don't you. I mean what is going through the mind of those out there.

I hate the EU i think it is destroying this country. But if we dont get the chance to vote our way out of it i would never suggest killing or blowing up the scumbag politicans out there. Just dont get this thirst for war that some seem to have out there.

As you said jokeingly it will have a bigger impact then just the middle east.
I think what Hamas is doing is disgusting but if you were locked up in a piece of land that was hugely overpopulated Didn't have decent access to running water and th food you could buy was seriously restricted
While people from the un trying to help by brining puppies are turned away etc etc youd probably act in very strange way. If you treat a person like a dog for long enough they'll start acting like one.

I think what Hamas is doing is disgusting but if you were locked up in a piece of land that was hugely overpopulated Didn't have decent access to running water and th food you could buy was seriously restricted
While people from the un trying to help by brining puppies are turned away etc etc youd probably act in very strange way. If you treat a person like a dog for long enough they'll start acting like one.

Bringing puppies? What the fudge haha meant to say supplies. Stupid iPhone. Get my drift tho.

North Korea and Pakistan have nuclear weapons. The first must be one of the most mad regimes in history. The latter is torn between radical islamic extremists and a military out of government control. Both have serious active disputes with neighbours.

The greatest stand-off in history was between the US and USSR, each with a ridiculous amount of nuclear weapons. The stand-off between India and Pakistan over Kashmir hasn't escalated when both have nuclear weapons, even after the Mumbai terrorist attack.

While I'd much prefer Iran not get nuclear weapons, the idea that they would use them to destroy Israel is fantasy. Iran is in a dangerous part of the world and haven't a recent history of invading neighbours. Several countries with nuclear weapons have threatened action against them so you can see why they might want them.

You could also argue that the return to a more symmetric balance of power might draw Israel to the peace table with genuine intent. As it is they know they are secure and can act with impunity, pretending to want peace talks while making sure its impossible with continued settlement building and occasional wars of intimidation. This will continue as long as the US can be manipulated.

Bringing puppies? What the fudge haha meant to say supplies. Stupid iPhone. Get my drift tho.

The "cute puppy" approach to peace keeping could quite possibly work better than what the UN is currently doing.

"Just look at his little cute face! How can you possibly want to kill someone after seeing that?"

Back