• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Weekend Thread

couple of days in Bangkok. then most likely split the rest of the time between Koh Lanta and Koh Phanang - ive traveled out there before, this is purely just a 2 week beach and party holiday. stopping over in Beijing for 4 days on the return as well - really should have looked in to the weather before okaying it, gonna be 0 to -5 at night :lol:

Nice. I spent a week on Koh Lanta in april, stayed at Klong Jark Bay, all the way south, what a beach. Probably the most beautiful one I saw in all of Thailand, though Railay also was very pretty, but a bit too crowded. Very good people running the place who helped us out alot, and the panang curry the cook there made was out of this world.

And, Japan is fudging crazy. Beautiful and crazy. I'll need to go back there sometime, two weeks is way too little time.

you might want to start saving now if you're planning on going for the WC - one of the most expensive places to travel atm and id imagine the WC will ramp the prices up even further.

if i go for it, i won't be anywhere near the England games - would rather experience the home atmosphere tbh
Yeah I'm starting in January - if I decide not to go then I have some money saved up at least. I'm planning to work in the USA this summer, then come back in the winter and live at home while working until the summer again. That period from the winter to the summer will get me my spending money I think. January until the end of the summer should enable me to get my flights to and from Brazil.

Yeah for me I don't mind about the England games. I'll try and get tickets, but not too bothered if I don't. Really don't care who I see, it's the World Cup and everywhere will be rocking!

How do people get over the language barrier in Japan? Just start learning basic stuff and the alphabet for a few months before they head over?

Koh Lipe is the one. Rally deserted with a 'the beach' feel

True, didn't spend more than three nights there but it was a stunning place. We went there on december 26th. and it wasn't too crowded, had no problem finding a place to stay (a big bungalow 50 meters from the beach for 1000 baht split on three), even though people said otherwise when we left from Langkawi.

Koh Lipe is close enough to Langkawi that you can see it, all the way southwest in Thailand, so going there from Koh Phanang is not difficult, but it would require a whole day of travelling.
I heard a lot of people raving about Ko Tao, and it's super close to Koh Phanang, so would've been my choice if you've already planned on visiting Koh Phanang. Full moon party?

Langkawi was okay, it involved three weeks of heavy drinking. If you've been in SEA before then you might have noticed some beaches have tiny jellyfish (what I was told) that stings you, the main beach on Langkawi also had this, made the swimming annoying. They had some killer roti there though, we ate there almost every night, and an old lady selling homemade treats on the sidewalk had (amongst many other things) swetpotato noisettes, freshly squeezed watermelon juice and baked bananas.
On a whole it is kind of a boring place, if you want to meet some people, relax and eat some good food then I'd go, but Thailand is better, simple as.

yeah koh phanang is pretty much nailed on, will miss the Full Moon party - but im not too fussed about that as i went to one last time i was in the region (pretty over hyped tbf) I have a friend who has been there several times the last few years and she knows of a few secluded areas on the island (boat only access) that have some banging parties - so am planning on checking that out. although i will stop off at Mushroom Mountain on the main beach no doubt :p

i had a good time in Langkawi when i was there in '06 - stayed in a wicked hostel and was hanging out with the local Rastas mainly - the main beach was very nice. The Perinthian islands on the West were better - proper idyllic little islands - laid back and not really ruined by tourism, although probably a different story now. I really liked Malaysia, felt like i was actually 'travelling' there rather than Thailand, which was really just like a more exotic budget Majorica in most places.

I wanted to go to Koh Phangan, heard a lot of people saying there's plenty of places on the island where you can hide away and smoke freely, but I also heard stories about cops putting drugs in your pocket so they could bust you. But I'll check it out next time I'd imagine.

It was a good time, but it's not a very interesting island nor is it extremely beautiful. I didn't go anywhere else except for Kuala Lumpur but I heard talk about the Perintians, would have gone there if it wasn't for the monsoon. I also heard good stuff about Malacca. But yeah, Malaysia is ok, even if it's almost impossible to get hold of some pork meat.

Thought I would resurrect this thread as the party season is upon us and I had a fudging blinding night at Gatecrasher Birmingham on Saturday. Oakenfold and Richard Durand smashed it, got back to the hotel at 5am but didn't sleep till 7 was then up at 9:30 to check out. I am still knackered but haven't had a better weekend for years. You could say I out performed my years!

703591_10151555337274517_1147500041_o.jpg

478244_10151555302884517_723092187_o.jpg

Attachments

• 703591_10151555337274517_1147500041_o.jpg
    703591_10151555337274517_1147500041_o.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
Oakenfold is a legend

The Global Underground "New York" CD is a masterpiece

[video=youtube;KeqD0cCAyUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeqD0cCAyUM[/video]

Am not leaving my couch today, such a fantastic day of sport

MCC v ROW Cricket
TDF