• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

He wouldn't beat Jones and if GSP was 100% fit i doubt he'd beat him either.
On what basis? Silva is far more experienced than Jones and a superior fighter. He's better at stand-up than both of them, and his BJJ is also better - the blokes also got a black belt in Judo so you can be sure his takedowns are good. I doubt Jon Jones could manhandle Anderson Silva like he has other guys, look at how Steffan Bonnar's strength had nothing on Silva in his last fight.

He's a heavy favourite to win both fights. The guy hasn't lost a fight since 2006, he's simply the best mixed martial artist there has ever been

On what basis? Silva is far more experienced than Jones and a superior fighter. He's better at stand-up than both of them, and his BJJ is also better - the blokes also got a black belt in Judo so you can be sure his takedowns are good. I doubt Jon Jones could manhandle Anderson Silva like he has other guys, look at how Steffan Bonnar's strength had nothing on Silva in his last fight.

He's a heavy favourite to win both fights. The guy hasn't lost a fight since 2006, he's simply the best mixed martial artist there has ever been

He would not be heavy favourite to beat Jones. He may be slight favourite but even that i'm not sure about.

Look at Silva's first fight vs Sonnen where he was absolutley owned for all 4.5 rounds and luckily pulled off a triangle choke to win. That was some serious ownage to an extreme level and Jones has similarly good wrestling ability to Sonnen but unlike Sonnen he can finish people off when they're on the floor. Sonnen's problem was his lack of punch power but put Jones in that position and he'll stop Silva.

They are targeting May 2013 for the GSP vs. Silva fight apparently, Toronto, Cowboys stadium or a Brazil Stadium show.

I've only seen highlights of last nights fight, looks like an aggressive GSP, always good to watch.

Can anybody tell me where i can see the fight (or even just the highlights) of the fight? PM me if necessary, thanks in advance :)

Great fight. Fairplay to Condit, was one clean hit away from finishing GSP in the 3rd.

He would not be heavy favourite to beat Jones. He may be slight favourite but even that i'm not sure about.

Look at Silva's first fight vs Sonnen where he was absolutley owned for all 4.5 rounds and luckily pulled off a triangle choke to win. That was some serious ownage to an extreme level and Jones has similarly good wrestling ability to Sonnen but unlike Sonnen he can finish people off when they're on the floor. Sonnen's problem was his lack of punch power but put Jones in that position and he'll stop Silva.
Silva had a rib injury in the first Sonnen fight which is why he didn't look good

Since then, he hasn't been taken to the ground for a prolonged period of time (even in the re-match against Sonnen). Silva is a hard bastard, and his BJJ skills are more than a match for Jon Jones. Anyway, Sonnen was jacked up on steroids for their first fight anyway.

I didn't mean to say heavy favourite for the Jones fight, but as you say I think he would still be favourite to beat him. The recent GSP fight shows that Silva would have him in the stand up - you can bet your ass that Silva would end the fight if he hit him with a kick like Condit did. GSP's best chance of winning would be to take him down and lean on him for the five rounds.

Pretty simple IMO, standing, Silva chins both GSP and Jones, if they get him down, they have enough skill to keep him there and not get subbed from the bottom, getting the UD. I don't think any of them can stop him, whereas I think he could stop either of them.

All fights start standing, I'd fancy Silva in both fights, Jones poses the biggest threat.

Hector "Macho" Camacho is in critical condition after being SHOT multiple times in Puerto Rico tonight ... this according to multiple reports.

The former boxing champ was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car around 7 PM local time ... when another vehicle rolled up and someone opened fire ... striking Camacho several times in the neck and face.

The driver of Camacho's car was reportedly killed in the attack.

According to reports, Camacho was taken to a hospital and is currently listed in critical condition.

Cops are investigating -- so far, it's unclear if police have identified any suspects.

Story developing ...

Seems like his condition is getting worse ...

Hector Camacho's mother to decide whether to switch off life support

• Former three-time world champion 'critical'
• Camacho and friend shot in Puerto Rico on Tuesday

Associated Press
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 21 November 2012 15.20 GMT

The condition of Hector "Macho" Camacho has worsened after a shooting in Puerto Rico and he may be taken off life support.

His friend and former manager Ismael Leandry said that doctors were waiting for Camacho's mother to make the decision. She was expected to arrive from the US mainland on Wednesday morning at San Juan's Centro Medico.

Camacho was shot in the face Tuesday in the city of Bayamón and a friend with him was killed. Doctors initially said the boxer was in critical condition but expected to survive but his condition has worsened.

At least one gunman opened fire on the 50-year-old Camacho and another man as they sat in a car in Bayamón. Camacho was rushed to Centro Medico, the trauma centre in San Juan. The bullet struck him in the jaw, exited his head and lodged in his right shoulder, fracturing two vertebrae.

The hospital confirmed he was in a critical condition. No arrests have been made in the shooting.

Camacho was born in Bayamón, one of the cities that make up the San Juan metropolitan area. He won super-lightweight, lightweight and junior-welterweight world titles in the 1980s.His last title bout was his defeat by the then-welterweight champion Oscar De La Hoya in 1997.

Other high-profile opponents included Felix Trinidad, Julio César Chávez and Sugar Ray Leonard. Camacho knocked out Leonard in 1997, ending the former champion's final comeback attempt.

Doctors say he is brain dead and that the family decided to take him off life support. Very sad situation.

Back