• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

To be honest I always had this season down as 'transitional' one given the player and management changes. I figured top 6 would acceptable. Anything more a bonus.

I can accept that. AVB certainly needs time. But then I also thought he needed proper backing in the transfer window, yet that really did not happen (imo).

To be honest I always had this season down as 'transitional' one given the player and management changes. I figured top 6 would acceptable. Anything more a bonus.

Top 6 was what I expected too. But every time we've played, we've shown flashes of brilliance. Taking the lead at City, coming back to lead 2-1 against Chelsea, taking the lead against Arsenal....but every single time, we shoot ourselves in the foot. All those games were winnable, but we always fudged up. Individual errors by players who shouldn't be playing in the first place. Lack of squad depth leading to this crisis. And stupid decisions by the star players we depend on.

We're fudging ourselves up more than anyone else is. AVB isn't to blame, he's just working with the tool-set he's been given. But if it helps people cool off, they can slag AVB all they want today.

Lloris could have done a lot better for a few of the goals, and Defoe did nothing of note all game

I thought Defoe was excellent in the opening exchanges, made some lovely runs and was instrumental in the opening goal. Faded out of the game once Ade was sent off.

Last edited:
At least we've got Arsenal (A), Man Utd (A), Emirates Marketing Project (A), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) out of the way.

Originally Posted by diego_maradona View Post
Vertonghen at left back = LOL

Posted by Belsizespur - Cut Verts some slack today. It's 90+ minutes in and he's been running his gonad*s off.

Agreed. Cut all the players that played, bar Ade of course some slack guys, just for once .

Loved AVB going for it with the changes and loved the fact he didn't hide at the end of the game either by coming on the pitch instead of just whisking himself down the tunnel.

COYS!

Last edited:
Top 6 was what I expected too. But every time we've played, we've shown flashes of brilliance. Taking the lead at City, coming back to lead 2-1 against Chelsea, taking the lead against Arsenal....but every single time, we shoot ourselves in the foot. All those games were winnable, but we always fudged up. Individual errors by players who shouldn't be playing in the first place. Lack of squad depth leading to this crisis. And stupid decisions by the star players we depend on.

We're fudging ourselves up more than anyone else is. AVB isn't to blame, he's just working with the tool-set he's been given. But if it helps people cool off, they can slag AVB all they want today.

We need the next two transfer windows really to fix some obvious problems with our squad. It's those few periods when things work that gives me hope.

Lack of squad depth or a lot of injuries? Let's not forget that AVB hasn't been able to use Parker, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto or Dembele (and to an extent Adebayor) for a considerable run of matches

We need the next two transfer windows really to fix some obvious problems with our squad. It's those few periods when things work that gives me hope.

Two questions for you. How long have the problems - as you see them - existed? And how confident are you that they will be addressed based on our recent history?

Surprise surprise, anyone want to take a wild guess at who is on MOTD tonight?

I assume you meant first. Still might change if you did. City (espcially) or even United could get six or seven today.That may change things. Or media darlings Liverpool could run up a cricket score too.

Expect Hugo to be dropped next week and the "in-out" keeper farce to continue. Lord knows where we go from here.

I assume you meant first. Still might change if you did. City (espcially) or even United could get six or seven today.That may change things. Or media darlings Liverpool could run up a cricket score too.
Tottenham lost, so naturally a Mr H. Redknapp is a guest tonight

Back