• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I think all the cabinet ministers coming out and defending Cummings is making things worse. If Cummings does resign or get sacked, there will still be questions about their dissembling or lying about the regulations. Probably best to keep the focus on Cummings.

If he’d been sacked it wouldn’t take so long, they are having a boozy lunch, he’ll come out looking sheepish in a few hours pretending he had a gonad*ing.

If he does get the sack I would expect us to go after the jobs of every rule breaker in lockdown considering people have exacting high standards.

If he does get the sack I would expect us to go after the jobs of every rule breaker in lockdown considering people have exacting high standards.

Yesterday most of the cabinet tweeted that he hadn’t broken the rules though?

It seems half of the Tory party have rewritten the lockdown guidance in the last 24 hours, there are no longer rules which can have been broken, every action can be excused as common sense or looking after family.

Last edited:
Yesterday most of the cabinet tweeted that he hadn’t broken the rules though?

It seems half of the Tory party have rewritten the lockdown guidance in the last 24 hours, there are no longer rules which can have been broken, every action can be excused as common sense or looking after family.

I’m basing this on the high standards people are setting and Obviously living by.

People are arguing it can’t be be one rule for Cummings and one rule for the rest well that works both ways or it’s a broken theory.

It’s a shame the country in all this has turned into a nation of curtain twitchers

I’m basing this on the high standards people are setting and Obviously living by.

People are arguing it can’t be be one rule for Cummings and one rule for the rest well that works both ways or it’s a broken theory.

It’s a shame the country in all this has turned into a nation of curtain twitchers

it’s the implications made by the excuses that anger people

it’s the implications made by the excuses that anger people

it’s politics and it’s the ones that claim to be non political that are using it most.

No one asking for Cummings to be sacked jumped up and down for Grealish or Walker to be sacked even though their rule breaking was blatant and in Grealish more likely to cause accident as he was drunk driving.

For me that’s double standards driven by politics as in my book the crimes should punished by the same standard not by who the person is.

Speaking of equal treatment, 9,000 fines issued so far for lockdown infringements. Wonder if Dom has paid his yet? Haven’t heard a fine mentioned so far.

Funny that.

And if he did and it became public knowledge job done right?

I imagine if news broke he did pay a fine there would be a chorus of “yeh right” but

So I'm no fan of Cummings, however something seems really off here (not about the rules - he broke them. Any argument against is a creative interpretation that is only needed when you've fudged up and see trying to get out of it - I'm sure we've all been there in some form or another) - the likes of Brexit Hardman Steve Baker are rounding on him along with other Tories, this feels like the opportunity they needed to oust Johnson. Johnson has served his purpose.
The scary question is - if they are so willing to oust Cummings, what do they have lined up as replacement? These are smart political tacticians, this is being done for a reason.
I fully expect Johnson to be marginalized (CVD 19 effects on his health as the perfect cloak) and Raab and Gove taking centre stage.

So I'm no fan of Cummings, however something seems really off here (not about the rules - he broke them. Any argument against is a creative interpretation that is only needed when you've fudged up and see trying to get out of it - I'm sure we've all been there in some form or another) - the likes of Brexit Hardman Steve Baker are rounding on him along with other Tories, this feels like the opportunity they needed to oust Johnson. Johnson has served his purpose.
The scary question is - if they are so willing to oust Cummings, what do they have lined up as replacement? These are smart political tacticians, this is being done for a reason.
I fully expect Johnson to be marginalized (CVD 19 effects on his health as the perfect cloak) and Raab and Gove taking centre stage.
Rees Mogg? Noticed we've seen and heard a lot more of him lately.

Less than 6 months after a thumping general election victory? I can't see it myself. How would it make the party look to the electorate?

Less than 6 months after a thumping general election victory? I can't see it myself. How would it make the party look to the electorate?
Thats why it needs the right optics - CVD 19 as the cover story.
In the short term it wouldn't look great - in 4years time it will be forgotten history.

Back