• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Is his record any worse than Son's?
For diving? Much worse IMO
But he is a bloody good player and would have been a great signing for us I’m sure
I’d say that we’re really well stocked up front now and we’re IMO comparable to pool for goals return if that’s the benchmark
Pool though have two full backs that make their team so much better and of course a quality CB

For diving? Much worse IMO
But he is a bloody good player and would have been a great signing for us I’m sure
I’d say that we’re really well stocked up front now and we’re IMO comparable to pool for goals return if that’s the benchmark
Pool though have two full backs that make their team so much better and of course a quality CB

tickle my balls with a feather for me, not to concerned with a new CB ( think Sanchez will improve) but we really need better FB's for sure.

In which case, we have an unqualified person making the decisions most important for on field success. Levy can put a few parameters in.... max weekly basic is £200k, max transfer fee for an over 25 is £20m, or whatever but allocation of the yearly football transfer and wage budget should be decided by the DoF.
People all over the world in far larger companies than Spurs make those non-expert decisions every day - that's why expert advice exists.

I'm all for a DoF in an advisory role, but the idea that having one will take Levy out of the process is fanciful at best.

Seems like all the press in France and Portugal are saying that Campos is on his way to Spurs (likely all reporting off of one source).

Some reasonably interesting quotes from Campos in this piece....

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/luis-campos-jose-mourinho-move-18284411

"As a sports director I have to have several solutions. Why? Because once again the economic factor comes in," he explained.

"We all liked to hire only 15, 20 and 30million [euros] players. But if my president tells me that I only have 30million to invest in the entire market, I only have 30million.

"If a striker costs me 10million, I have 20million left over for all the other players and I can no longer buy the 10million goalkeeper.

"So I create with my scouts a list of nine players per position: three players from zero to three million, three players from three to six million and three players from six to ten million.

"This is because our hiring gap generally ranges from zero to ten million. So we make a list of nine players per position, which we discuss with the coach and the president at the end of the season."

The mousse was yes overpriced but has been good at the job he has done for us, with some of the Alexis Sanchez type transfers out there relatively good value, relatively.

I don't disagree at all. I defended him from the start (admittedly because at first I felt sorry for him!)...

"So I create with my scouts a list of nine players per position: three players from zero to three million, three players from three to six million and three players from six to ten million.

"This is because our hiring gap generally ranges from zero to ten million. So we make a list of nine players per position, which we discuss with the coach and the president at the end of the season."
I'm sure Levy will be saying 'As you were Campo'

'£0--£10m.......lovely jubbly'

If only we had the most successful active manager in football to tempt him with...

this is done, it’s been done for months, was probably a condition of Jose taking the job in the first place
Think this could largely be true, especially in initial discussions with Jose about taking over. And it c.ould of been either way ie Levy knowing Jose had ties with Campo and knowing that could get him here or Jose knowing a perfect DofF and letting Levy know he had the inside track on getting him in.

Back