• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Really, do tell.

I don’t get the fanfare with basketball. If you’re over 6ft7” anyone can play the game right?What other skills are needed. It’s a simple game. What am I missing here.

I’ve recently binged on Netflix watching drive to survive and although being a F1 fan, this would appeal to non F1 fans too.
I’m not a fan of basketball in particular but the doco is an interesting insight to a very special player and era. I still think it would be better if the basket was so high you couldn’t dunk and Jordan is on the shorter side from what I gathered from the show. I also now appreciate the skill and athleticism required to operate in such a small space from some of the highlights, but the matches themselves form a small part of what the show is about.
To be honest I’d rather watch a doc on the Senna Prost rivalry than an actual GP too, by the same tile the script seems to be written by the fact very few different cars let alone drivers win.

Really, do tell.

I don’t get the fanfare with basketball. If you’re over 6ft7” anyone can play the game right?What other skills are needed. It’s a simple game. What am I missing here.

I’ve recently binged on Netflix watching drive to survive and although being a F1 fan, this would appeal to non F1 fans too.

Im not a basketball fan in the slightest, one of my least favourite sports, but with the age I am I remember the Bulls side/dominance, was certainly an iconic team.

it’s just a really well done docu, they flit between the final season and the preceding years brilliantly.

F1 is terrible by the way!

Really, do tell.

I am not a basketball fan at all but FI is the most boring sport of the big ones.

Admittedly F1 has not been great recently compared to the Senna years etc but the point here is the documentary will give you non F1 fans an in-depth and quite superb road map of the sport insofar as the set up, the huge amount of pressure where the focus( season 1) is on the less successful teams. It’s not all about Mercedes, Ferrari, red bull etc.

I can’t be a basketball player even if I was interested in the sport or skilful at it, as I’m 5’10”. The only criteria is to be tall.

Clips of basketball I have seen played on a small playing surface and the referee blows whenever contact is made. It’s like a no contact sport so what’s the point.

Drive to Survive is excellent. I actually tried watching a full race today, from 2018, but found it as boring as I usually do. It's just too long and boring to watch, and there's something about the production that's putting me off. Hopefully, in the future, you can select the camera you want to watch yourself, skipping between inside roosterpits of various drivers. The trackside filming just isn't very interesting, in my opinion. I think I'll be keeping tabs now though, and check out the highlights of races (which is good fun). I hope Carlos Sainz does well for Ferrari now, he comes across as a nice guy in the documentary. Verstappen seems like a bit of a dingdong, but will probably win the championship eventually.

Last edited:
Admittedly F1 has not been great recently compared to the Senna years etc but the point here is the documentary will give you non F1 fans an in-depth and quite superb road map of the sport insofar as the set up, the huge amount of pressure where the focus( season 1) is on the less successful teams. It’s not all about Mercedes, Ferrari, red bull etc.

I can’t be a basketball player even if I was interested in the sport or skilful at it, as I’m 5’10”. The only criteria is to be tall.

Clips of basketball I have seen played on a small playing surface and the referee blows whenever contact is made. It’s like a no contact sport so what’s the point.
I agree. I have no interest in watching a sport where almost every possession results in scoring.

I thought it was an Incredibly well made doc, that kept you interested throughout
There were string characters and some real ups and downs
Only thing I found funny was the title world champions...

If anyone has a couple of hours spare,Into the night on Netflix,quite good,Belgian drama series,about the sun or the daylight starting to kill people,about a group of passengers on a plane trying to stay in the dark.
Got some shout at the screen moments,why did they do that scenes but only 6 episodes of 35minutes,kills a few hours lol.

TV is just utter crap without sport.

No summer tennis, no tour de france no summer football. Pointless having a tv at the moment.

All you people watching netflix how do you do it? I start watching something with her indoors and get up after 10 minutes and sit in the garden. Staring at a tree and thinking about nothing is better then anything on netflix.

Depends what you like to watch but there are some decent sports docs on Netflix.

Sunderland till I die
Drive to survive

Depends what you like to watch but there are some decent sports docs on Netflix.

Sunderland till I die
Drive to survive
Season 1 of Sunland was great. Season 2 was meh at best as it focused more on the David Brent's running the club than the actual season. So if you like watching twunts twunting around then season 2 will be for you.

Season 1 of Sunland was great. Season 2 was meh at best as it focused more on the David Brent's running the club than the actual season. So if you like watching twunts twunting around then season 2 will be for you.

I wondered when watching it if the makers thought Sunderland are such a big club that they though they could have the back story of them getting relegated and simply document the season when they go straight up to the PL. Although they way it turned out, David Brent'ish and with them going down again, followed by more failure was better to watch then they could've hoped for! (Unless you are a Sunderland fan)

I wondered when watching it if the makers thought Sunderland are such a big club that they though they could have the back story of them getting relegated and simply document the season when they go straight up to the PL. Although they way it turned out, David Brent'ish and with them going down again, followed by more failure was better to watch then they could've hoped for! (Unless you are a Sunderland fan)
I’m hoping our one has a happy ending, there’s been a few events this season that I don’t think Amazon would have foreseen,

agree, but with new owners ready to cut the fat to the bone on their excessive balance sheet, it was another angle on their plight.

Watching Jack Rodwell picking up 70k/week in league 1 and happy to sit on his arse just sums up the ridiculous situation they were in.

It really was very bland. None of the players except a bit of Maya really involved. Not really worth watching, in my opinion.

Back