• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saudi Sportswashing Machine

I could see Poch going. Bit of a project, fans would love the football...
Poch strikes me as someone who loves culture ... their ain’t much up there

would be an interesting challenge though as they can’t buy their way to being good as much as the could have 7/8 years ago

I’m not sure this would be attractive to Poch, as could cement a reputation that labels him a project manager who doesn’t win things. Far better for his career for him to go to a club that wins trophies in spite of their manager to get that monkey off his back.
Back to barcodes though, I have a feeling Benítez may be their preferred option, they can now afford his wages, the dual removal of Ashley and reinstatement of Benítez would only be topped by King Kev being given the DoF role and send the fans into delirium.

I’m not sure this would be attractive to Poch, as could cement a reputation that labels him a project manager who doesn’t win things. Far better for his career for him to go to a club that wins trophies in spite of their manager to get that monkey off his back.
Back to barcodes though, I have a feeling Benítez may be their preferred option, they can now afford his wages, the dual removal of Ashley and reinstatement of Benítez would only be topped by King Kev being given the DoF role and send the fans into delirium.

You forgot to mention bring goal king Shearer back as motivation speaker.

No reason why Poch wouldn't win a trophies at Saudi Sportswashing Machine if he is really backed in the transfer market.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine could be in a fantastic situation in this next window as one of very few cash rich clubs who can also significantly raise their wage bill.

No reason why Poch wouldn't win a trophies at Saudi Sportswashing Machine if he is really backed in the transfer market.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine could be in a fantastic situation in this next window as one of very few cash rich clubs who can also significantly raise their wage bill.
All depend if their happy joining a club that won’t be allowed to play in Europe

they can lose £90 M odd over 3 years in the prem and £17m in Europe
They can’t manage that and hit the level of players required IMO
Of course everyone will say they will find a way around it but I think that’s getting harder and harder and as I’ve said before the old big boys have a lot of say and will do everything to stop it

All depend if their happy joining a club that won’t be allowed to play in Europe

they can lose £90 M odd over 3 years in the prem and £17m in Europe
They can’t manage that and hit the level of players required IMO
Of course everyone will say they will find a way around it but I think that’s getting harder and harder and as I’ve said before the old big boys have a lot of say and will do everything to stop it
Cue the incoming huge in-house stadium, shirt, sleeve, training ground, etc sponsorships. They haven't banned it at umpteen clubs already so they can't ban it only at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Before we judge what might happen at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in terms of European bans, let's wait and see whether the Emirates Marketing Project charge sticks (I bet it doesn't). But the worst case seems to be that they *might* end up with a ban in about 4 year's time. I don't think too many players will case about that right now.

Cue the incoming huge in-house stadium, shirt, sleeve, training ground, etc sponsorships. They haven't banned it at umpteen clubs already so they can't ban it only at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Before we judge what might happen at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in terms of European bans, let's wait and see whether the Emirates Marketing Project charge sticks (I bet it doesn't). But the worst case seems to be that they *might* end up with a ban in about 4 year's time. I don't think too many players will case about that right now.
They won’t be able to enter it though without the right books
I agree they will fake some magic sponsorship - I would but they will struggle to go beyond market rate and for a club of their level it’s actually very low compared to what a city may get now
And city are getting charged with lying, not really for the cheating as that was already identified

I think even when Chelsea and City got their cash injections it still took a while to actually win something, takes a while to bed in new players, change the mentality of the club and even attract the best players initially and in both cases it was after at least one manager had spent money and then got sacked l. There’s even more depth to the league now. I just think he could go there, get them into CL and lose a league cup final to City and it would be seen as a failure regardless of what their initial expectations were.
The one thing that may make it more palatable would be if the corona impact on real football clubs have them an even bigger financial advantage, but there’s still a lot of teams to overtake from their current position.
It may depend how desperate he is to get back into management but if he is patient I think he will get more attractive offers that will offer more chances of a trophy, and then post that he can always go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine after Bruce’s successor has been sacked and blame the set up if he doesn’t win and become the Messiah up there.
I think their cash injection is bad news for us either way, unless we can get them to take some of our unwanted players off our hands in the short term! Now if Harry got the job post Bruce...

I think even when Chelsea and City got their cash injections it still took a while to actually win something, takes a while to bed in new players, change the meteorology of the club and even attract the best players initially and in both cases it was after at least one manager had spent money and then got sacked l. There’s even more depth to the league now. I just think he could go there, get them into CL and lose a league cup final to City and it would be seen as a failure regardless of what their initial expectations were.
The one thing that may make it more palatable would be if the corona impact on real football clubs have them an even bigger financial advantage, but there’s still a lot of teams to overtake from their current position.
It may depend how desperate he is to get back into management but if he is patient I think he will get more attractive offers that will offer more chances of a trophy, and then post that he can always go to Saudi Sportswashing Machine after Bruce’s successor has been sacked and blame the set up if he doesn’t win and become the Messiah up there.
I think their cash injection is bad news for us either way, unless we can get them to take some of our unwanted players off our hands in the short term! Now if Harry got the job post Bruce...
Also wonder if someone who has lived in “nicer places” would want to move to Durham or Yarm or somewhere nicer up North but not quite London, Paris or Barcelona

the Toon are one of the few clubs i wouldn't mind being successful if it wasn't us but apart from a nice stadium and fanbase, they really are starting from scratch in terms of developing a squad, here's no nucleus of a team to build around, this really would be a "project" as was said, a multi year one.

I think even when Chelsea and City got their cash injections it still took a while to actually win something, takes a while to bed in new players, change the meteorology of the club and even attract the best players initially and in both cases it was after at least one manager had spent money and then got sacked l. There’s even more depth to the league now. I just think he could go there, get them into CL and lose a league cup final to City and it would be seen as a failure regardless of what their initial expectations were.
You do know that Chelsea were signing very good, arguably world class players (eg.gullit,vialli,zola)and doing pretty well( including winning trophies) before Abramovich came along don't you?

You do know that Chelsea were signing very good, arguably world class players (eg.gullit,vialli,zola)and doing pretty well( including winning trophies) before Abramovich came along don't you?
Their first cash injection was by Harding, but yes those signings that took them from mid table to top 6 / cup winners, then Abrahomovic came and they spent 150m on top and still didn’t win the league until the following season.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a lot more ground to make up so I’d say it would take a couple of years of overpaying for average players to even get them into Europe, let alone CL or competing for the title. Emirates Marketing Project was 4 years from when they were doped I think.

My point remains the first guy given the money is unlikely to see the benefits of the ‘project’ as it takes time to change a club and the expectations will be aligned immediately with the expenditure.

You do know they were hours away from going bankrupt due to basically “doing a Leeds” and spending WAY beyond their means?

this is good though, I wondered who you support, now we know. Makes a LOT of sense.

You do know they were hours away from going bankrupt due to basically “doing a Leeds” and spending WAY beyond their means?

this is good though, I wondered who you support, now we know. Makes a LOT of sense.
Sorry, I was just trying to be objective. Harding's sudden passing certainly didn't help their plight, and what with his widow then wanting his investments back, came an unforeseen financial issue.
I'm actually a Southend United fan, but with Spurs leanings.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are ready to spend £53m to offer Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, 30, a route back to the Premier League this summer. (Daily Mail)

Back