• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

When missionaries took disease to indigenous native people all over the world, what wiped them out in huge numbers, was the missionaries telling them to stay inside their communal huts - spreading the viruses. Sunlight is a disinfectant, and if everyone was outside in the sunlight all the time, the virus wouldn’t spread.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There would be more deaths shown in the "no underlining conditions" column if that was true because they don't include smoking as a condition or drinking 4 units on their current list.

My overall point is vulnerability can be assigned in many ways.
What is going to really get the world ahead is when scientists make the breakthrough into discovering what, exactly, helps trigger the aggressive aspect of the virus. Is it blood type? A protein compound some people produce? One of those partnered by, say, a common cold offering a "side entrance attack" on the immune system?

A large part of the world is leveraged up mate, incredible level of want rather than need, all in the name of making your life 'better', just pile it on, on the never never, gotta keep on working, to keep on having, and keep that economic ideology rolling.
In so many ways that is why we are where we are.
I am not judging it, just accepting that it is where we are. 'Tis why I fully expect lockdowns to be relaxed ahead of scientific data. Put (sadly?) and simply, no government is set-up to finance stay at home and greatly reduced work on site activities until science has an answer. Tis why all these "plandemic" crackpots are springing, "convinced" it is "a plot" when the truth is that it is actually the realities of our society. IMO.

My parents reckon they are the only people in their cul de sac who haven’t had family and friends round in the last few days, at least 20 houses

It's been heading this way for a good couple of weeks now.

I go out for a short walk most evenings not long before bed. Back in the beginning I often wouldn't encounter a single vehicle. Now I routinely have to stand and wait for the traffic to clear to cross the roads.

I go out for a short walk most evenings not long before bed. Back in the beginning I often wouldn't encounter a single vehicle. Now I routinely have to stand and wait for the traffic to clear to cross the roads.
Weren't they (gov) saying this when they were reluctant to start measures to early? ie the public have a certain tolerance span then it falls apart?.

The thing is compared to Italy Spain etc our lockdown hasn't been that strict.

My parents reckon they are the only people in their cul de sac who haven’t had family and friends round in the last few days, at least 20 houses
I see the same at mine - I reported one house a few weeks ago.

It's very simple - the rules are the rules. It doesn't fudging matter if anyone @SpurMeUp @scaramanga doesn't like them - guess what, no one does. Tough brick. By not following it you are willfully putting others in danger - so screw anyone that acts that way. I'm genuinely over giving a fudge, because last time I checked, CVD 19 doesn't give a fudge about your opinion, nor does it care who it kills. But anyone flaunting the rules is culpable for the numbers we have - and if that doesnt make you uncomfortable, it damn well should. If it does, stop being a taco.

As far as @SpurMeUp claims about the weather - where is your PhD from? And what involvement have you had into epidemiology, Coronaviruses or cyclical virus behaviours?

I'm seriously at a point where I want us to move to criminality.
I know the British public are fudging stoopid, I was just hoping it wouldn't matter too much in my lifetime.

Weren't they (gov) saying this when they were reluctant to start measures to early? ie the public have a certain tolerance span then it falls apart?.

The thing is compared to Italy Spain etc our lockdown hasn't been that strict.

I think the thing with Italy and Spain and also the east European countries is that their people have not always been free. It might have been generations ago but they have more experience and are more respecting of laws and police.

It has not helped Johnson been wanting to be seen as a liberal and not forcing people into things.

I had it and recovered. Today i cycled 60 miles back to where i used to live down in the witterings with my son. We only stopped once to sit in the grounds of chichester cathedral and have our packed lunch.

I dont blame people getting out. Now im going to bed to sleep for a thousand years.

@monkeybarry I feel your frustration. You’ve done the right thing and others are blatantly flaunting the rules and potentially prolonging the lockdown?

I’m lucky I have a garden. After spending the day in it, I personally couldn’t condemn anyone who ‘takes a rest’ during their daily exercise.

As for the science, there are all manner of studies that show sun light disinfects. Combined with fresh non-enclosed air, and the actual effects of being outside are negligible.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The teaching unions wont want to go back till September. Laziest profession i have ever encountered. Those that can do.....

You must know the wrong teachers.

I’ve taught for over 20 years. Before that I worked in the legal profession and a variety of service jobs. I’ve never seen people work harder than the teachers I have worked alongside in four different schools, in both the state and independent sectors.

One my current colleagues captained ships in the navy before joining the teaching profession. He describes his former job as “a piece of tinkle” compared to teaching.

The reason the teaching unions don’t want to go back is to do with the welfare of the pupils and teaching staff and they are, in my opinion, quite right to be sceptical and hesitant in their approach.

Schools, like society, will not return to normal until there are good therapeutic treatments or a vaccine.

that furlough salary is bloody well judged but it does make me wonder how we expect pensioners to survive on a fraction of that.

We dont. That is the state pension, if you have never saved for a private pension than your an idiot. I dont care if you have done low paid work, i was saving into a pension when i was labouring in my late teens.

Was raised to put money aside, the fact that Gordon brown came along and fcuked my pit is neither here nor there.

You must know the wrong teachers.

I’ve taught for over 20 years. Before that I worked in the legal profession and a variety of service jobs. I’ve never seen people work harder than the teachers I have worked alongside in four different schools, in both the state and independent sectors.

One my current colleagues captained ships in the navy before joining the teaching profession. He describes his former job as “a piece of tinkle” compared to teaching.

I guess i was unlucky in that the 30 or so teachers i have known in adult life have been lazy gits who would rather moan about anything then do work.

So Germany are experiencing what has long been the worry, relaxing means the spread continues again, so the only way you keep the death toll or spread down is to stay at home. If that’s your way you feel you conquer the crisis

They tried to bring football back and now a teams in lockdown because of it.

Korea are experiencing the same because people are out clubbing and that’s caused a spike.

I guess i was unlucky in that the 30 or so teachers i have known in adult life have been lazy gits who would rather moan about anything then do work.

I always find the lauding of teachers OTT because non teachers are trying to do a job that isn’t natural and now they want them paid more? All jobs are hard in their own right and if I swapped professions for a day with someone I would suspect we would both find it tough. If you stuck a car in a teachers drive and asked them to change the gear box they couldn’t possibly so does that mean a mechanic is under paid?

We dont. That is the state pension, if you have never saved for a private pension than your an idiot. I dont care if you have done low paid work, i was saving into a pension when i was labouring in my late teens.

Was raised to put money aside, the fact that Gordon brown came along and fcuked my pit is neither here nor there.

I know you aren’t making a political point, but it does make me chuckle that Gordon Brown was responsible for your pension crashing - not a worldwide banking collapse caused by bank deregulation (and for his handling of which Brown has since received praise from countries all over the world due to his statesmanship in helping to stop the entire global economy from going under) .

Meanwhile the coronavirus UK death toll is caused by a worldwide pandemic which many (and that probably doesn’t include you) seem to feel the current government should be excused any responsibility for.

Odd.

Reactions: DTA
Back