• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We wouldn’t.

It grates me that players can still pull that line out when they have been in pole position to win multiple trophies and haven’t got it done though.
Nobody on the pitch in the CL Final can fairly use the excuse of wanting to leave to win trophies.

Had they and the manager done their jobs they'd have the biggest trophy in the world to their names.

Nobody on the pitch in the CL Final can fairly use the excuse of wanting to leave to win trophies.

Had they and the manager done their jobs they'd have the biggest trophy in the world to their names.
Or are Liverpool just a better team than us? (beat us both times prior to the CL final last season and beat us twice in the league this season).

Statistically (i know you like statistics) how likely do you think it is that a team who wins 5 games in a row against a certain opponent are a better team than their opponent?

Or are Liverpool just a better team than us? (beat us both times prior to the CL final last season and beat us twice in the league this season).

Statistically (i know you like statistics) how likely do you think it is that a team who wins 5 games in a row against a certain opponent are a better team than their opponent?
We lost a lot of matches against Man Utd when we were better than them - Chelsea too.

Liverpool at their best would have been difficult for us to beat that night - we should have walked all over the Liverpool that turned up.

I’m not singling him out, he’s just the latest to say it.

The same goes for all of the players who were here for the title challenges and CL final, they had the opportunity to win here.

This i such a strange argument to me.

How many trophies did Walker, Modric, Bale, Berbatov and Carrick win whilst with us?

And how many have they won since they left us?

Football is not tennis. There are so many variables as to why we haven't won any trophies. And of those variables, Kane's performances (and Walker's, Modric's, Bale's, Berbatov's and Carrick's before him) are the least concerning.

This i such a strange argument to me.

How many trophies did Walker, Modric, Bale, Berbatov and Carrick win whilst with us?

And how many have they won since they left us?

Football is not tennis. There are so many variables as to why we haven't won any trophies. And of those variables, Kane's performances (and Walker's, Modric's, Bale's, Berbatov's and Carrick's before him) are the least concerning.

Kane is a level above them, Bale aside. It’s not tennis, unless you are exceptional.

It wasn't meant to be a direct comparison of the players.

Bale also won 0 trophies with us, never even came close actually. He's also not won any trophies with Wales.

Won a shedload with Real Madrid though.
It's probably different for every player, but I suspect Bale ranks Wales' Euro 2016 run higher than most the trophies in his cabinet, if not all.

Where would you rank our CL final appearance? Above a League Cup? What about the UEFA Cup? Better than a second-place finish in the league? Or is it all a case of "there's no prize for the best loser"?

It's probably different for every player, but I suspect Bale ranks Wales' Euro 2016 run higher than most the trophies in his cabinet, if not all.

Where would you rank our CL final appearance? Above a League Cup? What about the UEFA Cup? Better than a second-place finish in the league? Or is it all a case of "there's no prize for the best loser"?
For the majority of fans it seems, it's all about trophies, nothing else. For me, trophies are just a bonus. I love football, love watching it regardless of the result. There is so much to be enjoyed along the way, and trophies often fall into the lap of teams that cheat their way to them that for me they're not really the be all and end all.

Of course, if Tottenham were to win a trophy then I'd be over the moon like everyone else but at the end of the day its just another game of football. So often luck comes into it and the result can go either way, so no point investing too much ego into it.

My grandson's team loses practically every week but the joy I get from just watching him and his team transcends all other aspects.

Having said all that, for me the Ajax SF win in Amsterdam was bigger than winning the LC in 2008 (or whenever). That, tbf, is partly because I've always regarded the LC as something of a consolation prize. I know others see it differently, good luck to them.

Well the UEFA cup now is the losers prize because of the way it’s been devalued
But in 84 it was the hardest Cup competition to win
And as football has become more about money teams now must get CL for ££
Can’t afford to get relegated because of £££
So they can’t risk cup runs and relegation or league failure for fear of losing ££
It’s all about the ££

Realistically we can get two years more from Harry. His contract runs out in 2024 iirc. If we are to get a decent fee, we'll have to sell before he goes into his last year.
Or keep him
Invest in the same as planned and get us back competing with the best

I'd take the money too.

I'm increasingly pessimistic that he'll get back to his best.
Add to that our need for a rebuild and the uncertainty CVD19 is going to cause.

I'd sell. Bring in Giroud and Willian as experienced attacking options. Try and get a good young striker too.
Should leave enough (plus existing funds) for a DM and two FBs.
That will tide us over for another season.

Selling the flagship star is mental imo

He is to injury prone for my liking, his actual goals return decreases each year. Our style of play becomes to predictable with him in it and we need money to improve different areas of the team.

Good player but i would sacrifice him for the good of the team.

Back