• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino

Well most on here seem to love Son who is just as much a diver as Mane and probably more petulant as well.

And just to get this right Scara so that I'm complete clear....

As well as Spurs having the second best squad in the Premier League. You are also saying that you wouldn't want to have Mane at Spurs?
Mane is worse than son for diving
He is on par with Salad
Both are quality players though but they make Grealish almost look stable

Who was "the Head of Recruitment"?

P.O.C.H

And frankly if anyone thinks the manager, who, given our club's financial guidelines, does not have the final say on recruitment matters is living in la la land. There is just no point in buying a player the manager doesn't want.

If you believe Poch was just given any old player, then this would be such an untenable situation for any manager worth their salt, he should have resigned many years ago. It speaks volumes as to strength of character - or otherwise!

I am waiting to see the answer...I'll bet I know what it is.

Levy did try to buy Grealish. The fact that Villa were taken over before the transfer could be concluded was due to Villa being taken over. That is hardly an event which could have been foreseen.

Levy did try to buy Grealish. The fact that Villa were taken over before the transfer could be concluded was due to Villa being taken over. That is hardly an event which could have been foreseen.

He did, indeed, try to buy Grealish.
Where he failed was in not concluding the deal when it was ready to be concluded, instead thinking there was a "better deal" tone had because Villa were in trouble.
Had he done it fast, great.
He played a game.
The prospective Villa owners did not want to buy when an asset was being sold.
There was a critical window when the deal was there to be signed off and he simply thought he could "game it". New owners then priced him beyond us. If Grealish wasn't a boyhood Villa fan he'd have kicked up a fuss.
He was more than ready to leave, but accepted staying because of his Villa support.

I'd argue that had he concluded the deal, for more than the player was worth, he'd still have failed.

I'll go with the game analogy, but the only way to win, is to get the player at a reasonable price.

I'd argue that had he concluded the deal, for more than the player was worth, he'd still have failed.

I'll go with the game analogy, but the only way to win, is to get the player at a reasonable price.
Such as the £20 million that Villa wanted at the start of June that we ended up offering in mid July anyway?

The 20 million bid which was accepted by both clubs before the new prospective owners put a block on it.

The 20 million bid which was accepted by both clubs before the new prospective owners put a block on it.
It was never ‘accepted’. We met Villa’s original price (6 weeks after commencing talks) when it looked like they were getting their cash influx. The bid was never ‘accepted’.

In a way,the board come across from the grealish fiasco as, ironically, the villains of the piece. Trying to low ball a club in a vulnerable position until out of the blue a knight in shining armour comes along to save them from the robber barons. Should have laid 40m down from the off - got the cheque book out done the deal early. Instead, mess about and get the comeuppance.

Last edited:
In a way,the board come across from the grealish fiasco as, ironically, the villains of the piece. Trying to low ball a club in a vulnerable position until out of the blue a knight in shining armour comes along to save them from the robber barons. Should have laid 40m down from the off - got the cheque book out done the deal early. Instead, mess about and get the comeuppance.
He wasn’t a £40m player then
He was a £20m championship player

If I thought he could go 90 kind without elbowing someone or diving I would.

We can't get away with that brick.

We have and have had plenty of serial cheats that have played for Spurs;

Vertongen - one of the most cynical defenders in the league. Knows how to get players booked by feigning injury.

Son - loves a dive and a kick out

Kane - Has dived on numerous occasions

Alli - Serial diver

Lamela - Cynical/dirty fudger who somehow always manages to just about NOT cross the line. Essentially our Jack Wheelchair

We have and have had plenty of serial cheats that have played for Spurs;

Vertongen - one of the most cynical defenders in the league. Knows how to get players booked by feigning injury.

Son - loves a dive and a kick out

Kane - Has dived on numerous occasions

Alli - Serial diver

Lamela - Cynical/dirty fudger who somehow always manages to just about NOT cross the line. Essentially our Jack Wheelchair
Lamela's the only one in that lost near Mane.

He doesn't get away with it because of lax refereeing, he gets away with it because he's a fudging genius.

Back