• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We had the horrors of WW1 going on overlapping with a flu pandemic that killed 50m ....

That's some sh.itty time to be alive.
The weakened immune system of those coming back from the war with soldiers going home to all corners of the globe was a big factor in it's spread. This virus may not kill as many but most reductions will be due to advances in medical science, not its mortality rate I would think.

These are just headlines, if you actually read the responses to these tweets someone far more qualified than Peston responds with details about specific agents needed that are in short supply but of course that doesn't get reported.

Not to excuse that they should have started sourcing them a long time ago but as of now when they are trying there is a shortage in some parts needed.

I'm not a user of twitter, but a friend informed me last night that there's been plenty of disquiet on there regarding the UK's border/travel restrictions, or lack thereof.

Apparently flights are continuing to arrive here from virus hot spots. Meanwhile, there's been suggestions that faraway lands are now citing the ease of travel to/from/via the UK as a reason for their own spiking infection rates.

they didn't prove she was breaking restriction, she might have had a good reason, we are not at the level yet where you need permission to travel

When I was younger we were stopped by police all the time (or at least once a month). Same(ish) when I started driving and had friends in the car.

So getting stopped by police and asked questions (or worse... but that's another story) is not new to me, but at least now they would have a good reason to do so.

When I was younger we were stopped by police all the time (or at least once a month). Same(ish) when I started driving and had friends in the car.

So getting stopped by police and asked questions (or worse... but that's another story) is not new to me, but at least now they would have a good reason to do so.

it’s new to a lot of people though, and people panic

I used to get stop and searched a fair bit on my commute after the london tube bombings, I was BwB

I was terrified the first time, my first ever police interaction

Reactions: DTA
Reminds me of those YouTube videos in the US where people refuse to cooperate with the police and reel off some laws about being a free citizen and how they don't have to comply to the police questions etc... always end up with the police smashing the car window and tasering them!

Same here. I used to get stopped regularly. I’ve been checked for drugs before, and checked driving, and stopped few times. Some I deserved, some not so. I didn’t have drugs when I was checked but was wrongly pointed out by a sniffer dog.

For some reason, dogs always wander over wherever I am. I have had them run on to the pitch during a football match etc mates joke about it it’s that frequent, that being picked out by a sniffer dog was only a matter of time.

Hopefully the police will be mindful of their audience when stopping people. And know that people will be on edge under these circumstances. So hopefully police act accordingly whilst ensuring that the right actions are taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Same here. I used to get stopped regularly. I’ve been checked for drugs before, and checked driving, and stopped few times. Some I deserved, some not so. I didn’t have drugs when I was checked but was wrongly pointed out by a sniffer dog.

Got done reason, dogs always wander over wherever I am. I have had them run on to the pitch during a football match etc mates joke about it it’s that frequent, that being picked out by a sniffer dog was only a matter of time.

Hopefully the police will be mindful of their audience when stopping people. And know that people will be on edge under these circumstances. So hopefully police act accordingly whilst ensuring that the right actions are taken.
probably just the residue off that hydroponics set-up you're running.

it’s new to a lot of people though, and people panic

I used to get stop and searched a fair bit on my commute after the london tube bombings, I was BwB

I was terrified the first time, my first ever police interaction

What's BwB?

What was scary was being separated from my mates and put in the back of the van and goaded to do something so they would have an excuse to beat the brick out of me.

So I dont have massive sympathy for her being put out that they are asking questions... because you know there is a deadly virus going round... I would have just answered the questions to be honest

I have had good experience with police officers as well.

Back