• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Dier was the only one on that list who was approached. I won't go into specifics. He chose to stay because of the manager/it was made clear he was considered a vital member of the squad. Rose WANTED to go, but Walker had effectively "taken that departure slot" and we were not going to sell both ion the same window. What you "suspect" and what was are apparently two different things.

According to who? Mourinho has been quoted as saying he tried to buy "several" of our players. That does not mean just Dier.

As I understood it, Walker was agitating for a move back up North due to some personal matters. Poch acquiesced but was disappointed in the timing of his approach. Rose had also been looking for a move back up north. They shared an agency. Ah yes, the book...that is, for me, the single biggest misstep of Poch's Spurs career. It was fun to read but I still cannot fathom why he did it. There was no reason. I suspect that perhaps it was a favor to his mate, the author, but IMO it was not a great thing to do.
I never met Walker so really can’t comment but do know Sahara he said about not wanting to but being told he isn’t in Poch plans... that’s contradictory to the book though. Probably 6 of one land half a dozen of the other there

I’ve met rose several times. That lad is Spurs through and through. It’s why it’s disappointing to see how it’s going to end here. I asked him several times if he wanted to leave and he said no, but I’m a fan so he doesnt have to tell me anything . He was very Straight faced though and said he Loved it here and loved the fans. Once I was with Micky Hazard (was the season we lost last game to Saudi Sportswashing Machine) and Micky needed a lift to that game if he could get tickets. Danny Rose offered me and some mate his take if we could take Micky.

Good work @Finney Is Back . However, as you say, everything is subjective. This snapshot also does not take into account whether any individual player is at the end of his career ( Gerrard) or to early in his ( Gnabry at Arsenal). Bearing in mind the strengths of squads are cyclical in nature and hence why different teams win the PL virtually every year With the benefit of hindsight, I would say our squad was on the upcycle with huge inherent potential therein, whereas others were in decline. This explains why the "Leicester" season was contested by them and us and not any of the established top four.
i think it pretty clearly shows two teams with squads considerably better than ours in Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project and then a fair way behind them Man Utd, us and Arsenal that you could put in any order really.

From that position at the start of 14/15 the teams that chose to/were able to invest the most in their playing staff were likely to be the ones that were successful. The trophy haul since then is highly unsurprising really.... Emirates Marketing Project, second best base, spent the most money since then and won the most trophies. Chelsea, best base, spent third most money, won second most trophies, Man Utd, 3rd (or perhaps 4th) best base, spent second most money, third most trophies.

i think it pretty clearly shows two teams with squads considerably better than ours in Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project and then a fair way behind them Man Utd, us and Arsenal that you could put in any order really.

From that position at the start of 14/15 the teams that chose to/were able to invest the most in their playing staff were likely to be the ones that were successful. The trophy haul since then is highly unsurprising really.... Emirates Marketing Project, second best base, spent the most money since then and won the most trophies. Chelsea, best base, spent third most money, won second most trophies, Man Utd, 3rd (or perhaps 4th) best base, spent second most money, third most trophies.
Who won most if the trophies at two of those clubs as manager ;)
Maybe that’s why we got him in... but of course that would need us to keep investing the money

He said it when he joined the club in a press conference didn’t he?

He certainly said very soon after joining us.
And tbh I always liked that about him, he was honest and open, we knew exactly where we stood. He isn't some badge kisser professing his love for us while trying to get a move.
If I was in his shoes I'd be doing the same, the chance to live in another country and experience a different lifestyle.
Not for one moment am I saying that's what Harry is doing btw.

He said it when he joined the club in a press conference didn’t he?
To be fair here Mourinho wanted Dier, Kane, Rose and Eriksen at Man Utd (perhaps there were others as well).

Three of those players though (perhaps even all 4?) were very different back them to how they were when Mourinho joined (Dier - broken, Rose - broken, Eriksen - biding his time before his move over seas).

To be fair here Mourinho wanted Dier, Kane, Rose and Eriksen at Man Utd (perhaps there were others as well).

Three of those players though (perhaps even all 4?) were very different back them to how they were when Mourinho joined (Dier - broken, Rose - broken, Eriksen - biding his time before his move over seas).

Indeed. He wanted them. I'd suggest the "bidding" didn't even get formalized in any situation other than Dier (which I also believe was not a "direct" situation)...

Indeed. He wanted them. I'd suggest the "bidding" didn't even get formalized in any situation other than Dier (which I also believe was not a "direct" situation)...
United have made it clear the will avoid dealing with us where possible as they can never get a deal done their happy with

It won't take a football expert to know about the weaknesses in the team. Now that the huge investment is done with the stadium, the best PR and leverage will come from on performances on the pitch.

I regard the CL final as a poisoned chalice. We can still benefit from the experience if Levy recognises the potential financial rewards it brings.

Hence I think Mourinho is the right man now for an overhaul. I believe that is Levy's plan all along. Big investment in the summer to take the team to the next level, including sufficient including depth to challenge across multiple fronts.

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Let me suggest the following and see if you wish to agree.
Why don't we draw a line under our latest tinkling contest in both the Pochettino and Mourinho threads and simply move on?
We will never see eye to eye on it.
I trust you and yours are all doing well at this time. We are, but it is a mindfudge for sure.

I agree. All fine -so far! Hope all well with you and yours too. There are certainly more important things to worry about at this moment in time. The entire Spurs family needs to pull together now. See you on the other side. COYS

I agree. All fine -so far! Hope all well with you and yours too. There are certainly more important things to worry about at this moment in time. The entire Spurs family needs to pull together now. See you on the other side. COYS

Excellent and agreed!!!! I find the best approach to life is not to look too far ahead these days...here's hoping for great days at the end of all this brick! Be well mate.

Back