• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Not pleading poverty saying that based on not knowing what the future holds we need to safe guard the club.

He is right.

As for his bonus it was based on clubs transition to new stadium so deserved, he takes more on that the man selling the cokes, that’s just a fact of life. Those the punches and reality.

That’s the same in any most companies and as for lobbying the council and government to care more for the area? Why not?

Not pleading poverty saying that based on not knowing what the future holds we need to safe guard the club.

He is right.

As for his bonus it was based on clubs transition to new stadium so deserved, he takes more on that the man selling the cokes, that’s just a fact of life. Those the punches and reality.

That’s the same in any most companies and as for lobbying the council and government to care more for the area? Why not?

Reality does not sit well for some fans when it comes to Levy, i see the number one hater has got his voodoo doll out earlier that usual.

are you from the area?

I am not, although I have connections to the place.

I'm too poor to really go to games much either mate, if that's your next question - that won't change no matter how cheap our tickets are, because I can't fly to the UK as much as I would like to meet friends and family in any case.

Reality does not sit well for some fans when it comes to Levy, i see the number one hater has got his voodoo doll out earlier that usual.

Is it a nice thing? No, does it sit totally well with me? No. But it’s life and big business bricks on the little and rewards the top but in some cases the top make bigger decision and work hard and deserve what they get, doesn’t make them bad people.

If I worked in the Spurs store would I be hurting, yeh course but I would also be thankful of the furlough payment as it wouldn’t bother me where that came from be it Spurs or Government and I wouldn’t believe I’m as important a cog as Levy, love or hate him.

His salary or bonus is irrelevant in all this, it’s just how it is.

I'll say it - as a person, I don't think Levy stiffs people as much as he *can* do (he did commit to paying the London Living Wage for staff some time ago, which I applauded him for). He tries, sometimes, to do the right thing within the constraints of his role, and where expediency allows.

But this is his role at the head of a ruthless business - and as Levy has made it abundantly clear, we stopped being a community or a club some time ago. We are now a business, and our concern for our employees in this time of crisis is apparently how much we can save on wages, like absolute b*stards, while getting the taxpayer to foot the bill. The Sheikh-run club, Emirates Marketing Project, are better than this - which should utterly shame us and the business model we now follow.

I get that this is a pressure tactic to get the PFA to agree to an equivalent 20% pay-cut. But it f*cking sticks in my craw that the club, a super-rich entity willing to pay its players upwards of 200k a week and its chairman a bonus of 3m for delivering a stadium nine months late and well over budget, is now looking to ordinary tax-payers to foot the bill for its poorest staff. For Levy and his co-directors, his vaunted pay-cut means jack brick, especially as he paid himself a hefty bonus for the stadium. But for the staff, it may mean not being able to make rent, not being able to eat and not being able to buy essentials.

Oh, and as for Levy's little dig - 'When I read or hear stories about player transfers this summer like nothing has happened, people need to wake up to the enormity of what is happening around us...'.

You need to wake up too, mate. You're asking the British tax-payer to foot the bill for a club ranked 8th on the Deloitte Money League, that makes billions every year.

Right now, no one gives a crap about your legendary inability to spend money. This is about getting together as a society. And your business (calling it a club is a disgrace right now) is utterly failing on that front too, just to save a few quid.

There used to be a f*cking football club over there. This crisis is revealing what we hope to be - classless charlatans in Saville Row suits, standing in line for handouts behind all the small businesses that actually need them, and holding the ordinary staff hostage to cut our costs.

Tottenham Hotspur, we saved a few quid. fudging done with this crap for now.

Do you honestly think it’s all about “saving a few quid”? Seriously?
We will have debt repayments scheduled, and revenues which would have gone towards that have been wiped out. Not just match day revenue but all the non-footballing events as well. Right now no one can anticipate what will happen next season. If it starts at all there’s a good chance it will be behind closed doors so more lost revenue to face. Yet as of now we are still having to pay the salaries of the players and coaching staff in full.

The government scheme wasn’t set up just for small businesses. It was set up to help prevent firms of any size having to make employees redundant and thus avoid unemployment numbers - and associated costs - rocketing, and the economy sinking even more than it already will.

THFC are as much entitled to use the scheme as any other company and I would much rather they did than make any employee redundant.

Personally I would like to see the club find a way to top up the 20% but maybe that really isn’t feasible.
Sure Levy is using his statement to bring pressure onto the PFA but there is also, to me, a very, very clear undertone that this is a critical issue for the club. Levy is not one for hyperbole and I have no doubt that he would not be doing this if it wasn’t necessary.

And yes, he did get paid a large bonus. It is normal practice for CEO’s (which is what Levy is, effectively) to be bonused and if I remember correctly, that £3M also comprised bonuses deferred from previous years, not just a one-off mega payment for a delayed stadium.

It won't ever change with you either, will it mate? You pompously say that you recognize he does things wrong, but you almost never do - it's always, always the same with you, no matter what. But whatever, I get that we'll never agree here.

It isn't about Levy. It's about what we've become as a club - Levy is only partly responsible for that, and he doesn't stiff people as much as he can theoretically do. There's times where he quietly does the right thing, like with the London Living Wage.

But his role limits what he can do, because he's made it like this. The club has become an utterly amoral, utterly ruthless business, which is not how football should be - it just isn't the same thing, and will never be.

People can defend this all they like, but cutting the wages of ordinary folk and relying on taxpayers to pay our staff is *wrong* - it is wrong now, it will be wrong in three months, it will always be wrong.

We can be a little more responsible. We should be. Because as it stands, the football club that stood on our grounds is dying, to be replaced by this thing that feels no shame in shuffling to the government looking for taxpayer handouts while guffawing in our fudging bespoke suits at the thought of 550 people who are going to struggle because of what we've done, in a time when society needs everyone to do their part.

I’d like to know the actual saving the club will make from this. I’m not sure it’s worth the bad publicity?

550 workers x avg of £30k? a year = £16.5 million. For 2 months = £2.7 million ish.

Which other PL clubs have done this?

Personally i will be earning fudge all through all this so i don't really have sympathy for people who get to earn 80% of their wages despite not working, seems a pretty good deal from where I'm sitting

I'm still working, harder than ever, as is my wife and I can honestly say that I'm thankful for that stability and don’t take it for granted. Wish I could say the same for some of my staff.
I have nothing but sympathy for the poor sods who are off work on reduced pay, sick pay or even worse, no pay.

I'll say it - as a person, I don't think Levy stiffs people as much as he *can* do (he did commit to paying the London Living Wage for staff some time ago, which I applauded him for). He tries, sometimes, to do the right thing within the constraints of his role, and where expediency allows.

But this is his role at the head of a ruthless business - and as Levy has made it abundantly clear, we stopped being a community or a club some time ago. We are now a business, and our concern for our employees in this time of crisis is apparently how much we can save on wages, like absolute b*stards, while getting the taxpayer to foot the bill. The Sheikh-run club, Emirates Marketing Project, are better than this - which should utterly shame us and the business model we now follow.

I get that this is a pressure tactic to get the PFA to agree to an equivalent 20% pay-cut. But it f*cking sticks in my craw that the club, a super-rich entity willing to pay its players upwards of 200k a week and its chairman a bonus of 3m for delivering a stadium nine months late and well over budget, is now looking to ordinary tax-payers to foot the bill for its poorest staff. For Levy and his co-directors, his vaunted pay-cut means jack brick, especially as he paid himself a hefty bonus for the stadium. But for the staff, it may mean not being able to make rent, not being able to eat and not being able to buy essentials.

Oh, and as for Levy's little dig - 'When I read or hear stories about player transfers this summer like nothing has happened, people need to wake up to the enormity of what is happening around us...'.

You need to wake up too, mate. You're asking the British tax-payer to foot the bill for a club ranked 8th on the Deloitte Money League, that makes billions every year.

Right now, no one gives a crap about your legendary inability to spend money. This is about getting together as a society. And your business (calling it a club is a disgrace right now) is utterly failing on that front too, just to save a few quid.

There used to be a f*cking football club over there. This crisis is revealing what we hope to be - classless charlatans in Saville Row suits, standing in line for handouts behind all the small businesses that actually need them, and holding the ordinary staff hostage to cut our costs.

Tottenham Hotspur, we saved a few quid. fudging done with this crap for now.

I couldn’t have put it better.

I am not, although I have connections to the place.

I'm too poor to really go to games much either mate, if that's your next question - that won't change no matter how cheap our tickets are, because I can't fly to the UK as much as I would like to meet friends and family in any case.
Well you live in Canada so I wouldn’t expect you to be at games TBF
You would need to be a bloody millionaire to make a lot of games

It won't ever change with you either, will it mate? You pompously say that you recognize he does things wrong, but you almost never do - it's always, always the same with you, no matter what. But whatever, I get that we'll never agree here.

It isn't about Levy. It's about what we've become as a club - Levy is only partly responsible for that, and he doesn't stiff people as much as he can theoretically do. There's times where he quietly does the right thing, like with the London Living Wage.

But his role limits what he can do, because he's made it like this. The club has become an utterly amoral, utterly ruthless business, which is not how football should be - it just isn't the same thing, and will never be.

People can defend this all they like, but cutting the wages of ordinary folk and relying on taxpayers to pay our staff is *wrong* - it is wrong now, it will be wrong in three months, it will always be wrong.

We can be a little more responsible. We should be. Because as it stands, the football club that stood on our grounds is dying, to be replaced by this thing that feels no shame in shuffling to the government looking for taxpayer handouts while guffawing in our fudging bespoke suits at the thought of 550 people who are going to struggle because of what we've done, in a time when society needs everyone to do their part.

Isnt a club in the world that doesn’t live like us and would be Naive to say otherwise.

BTW do you live in Dubai or you did? Happy to take the wages funded by or in a morally bankrupt nation?? Can’t have it all ways

I’d say the same of any owner of a PL club tbh

Its not a levy/Lewis thing for me

Our owner is a tax exile and wants the tax payer to pay wages

It’s just all sorts of wrong

Beyond wasting some time chatting brick about Pochettino as i lay in bed sick the club and it's actions couldn't be further from my thoughts - whilst thousands of people continue to die from this im not sure that will change either. Priorities

Isnt a club in the world that doesn’t live like us and would be Naive to say otherwise.

BTW do you live in Dubai or you did? Happy to take the wages funded by or in a morally bankrupt nation?? Can’t have it all ways
He could be a pro bono human rights lawyer for all you know.....

I’d like to know the actual saving the club will make from this. I’m not sure it’s worth the bad publicity?

550 workers x avg of £30k? a year = £16.5 million. For 2 months = £2.7 million ish.

Which other PL clubs have this?

Plus directors salaries too
But I think it’s more about the players as that was repeated as a theme in his message
The players are getting paid but not “contributing” currently
The take a 20% cut and that pays for the salaries of the 550
It’s that simple in reality as we pay out about £30m a month in wages and I’d hazard a guess that less than £2m of that is on the non playing staff

I’d say the same of any owner of a PL club tbh

Its not a levy/Lewis thing for me

Our owner is a tax exile and wants the tax payer to pay wages

It’s just all sorts of wrong

I think a big thing here is he is the owner in paper terms but has nothing to do with or take out of the club (there is no record of Lewis taking anything out of spurs so far)
But Lewis also is a man who profits in negativity as he did with the current crash which made him rich
And as I said earlier did more clubs made mine and paid tax (we pay more than some mega corporations do here) then the would be all over it too

I am sorry but since i have been on this forum you have slagged Levy for nearly everything he does, you are always bitching that Levy is tight and will not spend the amount of money you want him to,and it seems that you can not wait to put the boot in on him.

We ceased being JUST a football club years ago ( just like most teams have) its all about money now and since Sky reared its ugly head we have thousands of couch potatoes who feel/think that they could do a better job.

We are a buisness and if we were not run well ( as we have been since Levy arrived) we would not be where we are now, then fans like yourself would have EVEN more reasons to bitch.

You said "The club has become an utterly amoral, utterly ruthless business, which is not how football should be " well i do not completly disagree with that, however if it upsets you that much why do you still bother because if i thought as full as you on that i would walk away.

Honest question, not point scoring or any rubbish.
Would ST holders be willing "donate" the remainder of their ST credit or whatever to a fund for the staff?
Obviously I'm not involved, not being a ST holder, but it's something maybe the trust could suggest.
I spend maybe £100/150 a year in the online shop, I would gladly donate some of that to the staff.

Back