• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Levy is getting pilloried for this but slightly unfair.
People need to read the statement in full and he’s been smart by putting the emphasis firmly on the players to agree a wage cut.

I presume this will be with the pfa etc a collective wage cut across the PL rather than individual.

Levy is getting pilloried for this but slightly unfair.
People need to read the statement in full and he’s been smart by putting the emphasis firmly on the players to agree a wage cut.

I presume this will be with the pfa etc a collective wage cut across the PL rather than individual.

So, if the players take the hit let’s hope he goes back and agrees to top up the missing 20% of the furloughed wages. He could also take a pay cut himself - or give back the very large personal bonuses he’s been awarded.

He’s by no means alone, but this is really showing the class of some owners of businesses.

I don’t disagree with the statement, but gutting the wages of the lowest paid when others in the company get paid more in a week is a disgrace - him and Lewis could cover these wages with ease - whisky these cuts could lead to people being unable to pay mortgages.

Add him to the bransons/Ashleys/Tim Martins of the world.

He’s by no means alone, but this is really showing the class of some owners of businesses.

I don’t disagree with the statement, but gutting the wages of the lowest paid when others in the company get paid more in a week is a disgrace - him and Lewis could cover these wages with ease - whisky these cuts could lead to people being unable to pay mortgages.

Add him to the bransons/Ashleys/Tim Martins of the world.
Definitely not in the same category - he has done what loads of companies (many of whom will be richer than THFC) have done already.

I don't like it and hope the players make the call to take cuts which will cover it all. That's where I'm looking.

Personally i will be earning fudge all through all this so i don't really have sympathy for people who get to earn 80% of their wages despite not working, seems a pretty good deal from where I'm sitting

Definitely not in the same category - he has done what loads of companies (many of whom will be richer than THFC) have done already.

I don't like it and hope the players make the call to take cuts which will cover it all. That's where I'm looking.

Joe Lewis and Levy are both billionaires - I’m sorry but it’s 550 people - a large number on very low income it’s the right thing to do to pay them.

Levy goes on and on about being a custodian of the club and then acts like he's running a tacky pound shop instead of a prestigious community institution.

Trying to push the PR of letting charities use the stadium, while using national crisis as a opportunity to cut his wage bill for a few months is a disgrace.

And that's from someone that more often than not backs Levy.

How does the system work though? Does Levy have to "fully furlough" those workers to get the 80% from the government?

I.e. he can't be seen to pay them a top-up amount, as that is not properly in the spirit of the government scheme?

Most people will survive on 80%. And they would all far rather be on that then 0% as many freelancers and ex-workers are.

How does the system work though? Does Levy have to "fully furlough" those workers to get the 80% from the government?

I.e. he can't be seen to pay them a top-up amount, as that is not properly in the spirit of the government scheme?

Most people will survive on 80%. And they would all far rather be on that then 0% as many freelancers and ex-workers are.

Nothing stopping Tottenham topping up
The 20 percent.

So, if the players take the hit let’s hope he goes back and agrees to top up the missing 20% of the furloughed wages. He could also take a pay cut himself - or give back the very large personal bonuses he’s been awarded.
He took a £3 million bonus for delivering the stadium 9 months late. I wonder how much bonus he’d have paid himself for delivering it on time and to budget?

He took a £3 million bonus for delivering the stadium 9 months late. I wonder how much bonus he’d have paid himself for delivering it on time and to budget?

You do realise that Levy was the client and had no stadium to deliver? On time, on budget or otherwise.

Don't recall seeing any details on the breakdown of Levys wage that season in the accounts either - i would assume any bonus would related to the clubs overall financial health during that period, which of course was strong.

I'll say it - as a person, I don't think Levy stiffs people as much as he *can* do (he did commit to paying the London Living Wage for staff some time ago, which I applauded him for). He tries, sometimes, to do the right thing within the constraints of his role, and where expediency allows.

But this is his role at the head of a ruthless business - and as Levy has made it abundantly clear, we stopped being a community or a club some time ago. We are now a business, and our concern for our employees in this time of crisis is apparently how much we can save on wages, like absolute b*stards, while getting the taxpayer to foot the bill. The Sheikh-run club, Emirates Marketing Project, are better than this - which should utterly shame us and the business model we now follow.

I get that this is a pressure tactic to get the PFA to agree to an equivalent 20% pay-cut. But it f*cking sticks in my craw that the club, a super-rich entity willing to pay its players upwards of 200k a week and its chairman a bonus of 3m for delivering a stadium nine months late and well over budget, is now looking to ordinary tax-payers to foot the bill for its poorest staff. For Levy and his co-directors, his vaunted pay-cut means jack brick, especially as he paid himself a hefty bonus for the stadium. But for the staff, it may mean not being able to make rent, not being able to eat and not being able to buy essentials.

Oh, and as for Levy's little dig - 'When I read or hear stories about player transfers this summer like nothing has happened, people need to wake up to the enormity of what is happening around us...'.

You need to wake up too, mate. You're asking the British tax-payer to foot the bill for a club ranked 8th on the Deloitte Money League, that makes billions every year.

Right now, no one gives a crap about your legendary inability to spend money. This is about getting together as a society. And your business (calling it a club is a disgrace right now) is utterly failing on that front too, just to save a few quid.

There used to be a f*cking football club over there. This crisis is revealing what we hope to be - classless charlatans in Saville Row suits, standing in line for handouts behind all the small businesses that actually need them, and holding the ordinary staff hostage to cut our costs.

Tottenham Hotspur, we saved a few quid. fudging done with this crap for now.

The 550 staff is a mega number for football clubs full time employees
A lot is to do with the ground and it multi purpose nature which is in effect frozen
Add in the subbies that support the club too and it’s much bigger number being furlowed

what I don’t get is if it’s say a cleaning finishing turning over 400m and making £40m profit and they decided to do it, it’s ok

but as it’s a football club, and more extraordinary one that makes a profit and pays tax it’s ring... because we have so many players in BIG wages

and loads that complain are the same ones who complain we don’t pay enough for our players wages etc...

As I said earlier more clubs would do it, and will if they actually made money to justify it

Our fans want it always...high fees and wages for elite players which means a false economic structure where finances are taken by the top low % and leaves little for rest.

Then slag Levy for protecting that.

and loads that complain are the same ones who complain we don’t pay enough for our players wages etc...

I said it before, when we were stiffing our contractors over the living wage - I don't care if the club pays the 20th-highest wages in the league, if we take care of the community in Haringey, pay our staff well, keep ticket prices low and plough our profits back into the local area.

Being a club means more to me than being a goddamn business, and always will. It represents a community, and people working together for the good of that community. If acting like it means not spending hundreds of millions of pounds on the latest useless rando with a manbag and an inflated sense of self-worth, I have zero problems with making that tradeoff. I'll follow us in League 2 if I have to.

We do neither, though. When it comes to doing the right thing, we plead that we're a business and have to put profits first. When it comes to buying players, we always plead poverty and restraint.

Today, we pled poverty and restraint while explaining why Tottenham Hotspur plc, a super-rich club where the chairman just paid himself 3m in bonuses, wants to have the ordinary bloke on the street pay its staff, who are struggling to make ends meet.

Pathetic. And utterly contemptible.

I said it before, when we were stiffing our contractors over the living wage - I don't care if the club pays the 20th-highest wages in the league, if we take care of the community in Haringey, pay our staff well, keep ticket prices low and plough our profits back into the local area.

Being a club means more to me than being a goddamn business, and always will. It represents a community, and people working together for the good of that community. If acting like it means not spending hundreds of millions of pounds on the latest useless rando with a manbag and an inflated sense of self-worth, I have zero problems with making that tradeoff. I'll follow us in League 2 if I have to.

We do neither, though. When it comes to doing the right thing, we plead that we're a business and have to put profits first. When it comes to buying players, we always plead poverty and restraint.

Today, we pled poverty and restraint while explaining why Tottenham Hotspur plc, a super-rich club where the chairman just paid himself 3m in bonuses, wants to have the ordinary bloke on the street pay its staff, who are struggling to make ends meet.

Pathetic. And utterly contemptible.

are you from the area?

Back