• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Some slightly cheaper (<=£20 million) players that I think could be good for us (as I expect us to have a reduced budget this summer with no CL likely and also the reduced income from the last quarter of the season).

Centre Half
Robin Poch from Freiburg. Only 23, 6'4, physical, good in the air and also a good passer of the ball. Can also play as a holding midfield player. Only a year left on his contract and would be gettable for £20 million (cue a bid of £8 million from Levy and the player going to Dortmund for £20 million).

Left Back:
Jamal Lewis from Norwich. Just as good as Aarons IMO but hasn't had the same hype and might therefore be gettable for about £20 million when Norwich go down (probbly plus a bunch of realistic add-ons). Bonus that he is association trained as well.

Right Back:
Denzel Dumfries from PSV. Just because we need a player in the team called Denzel! PSV captain, 23, now in the full Netherlands team, a big powerful full back as Jose has seemed to like in his prior teams. Looking at the Bergwijn fee I think £20 million would get him.

Jayden Bogle from Derby. Only 19 and probably at the stage where Aarons was a year or two ago. Pace, skill, tenacity, good going forward, decent crosser, chips in with goals. Probably available for £12 million if we don't try to mess about with add ons and never-nevers.

Defensive midfield:
Pierre Emile Hobjberg from Southampton. PL proven, 24 years old, proper defensive midfield player. Only a year left on his contract this summer so probably gettable for £20 million I would guess.

Attacking midfield:
Willian from Chelsea. Would be a good bosman signing who could hit the ground running under Jose.

Striker:
Vedat Muriqi from Fenerbace. Kosovo international who did pretty well against England. Scoring 1 in 2 for last couple of years in top division in Turkey and in Internationals. 6'4", good in the air but also quite mobile and a good footballer. I reckon you'd get change from £20 million and he could be a bargain for that.

7 players who would improve our squad there who should all be available for decent fees.

Well reasoned suggestions. Do you want a job as chief scout? You have identified both the type of player we need and come up with good options. Your suggested acquisitions would undoubtedly bring some much needed steel down the centre of our spine. Certainly much better than our recent scattergun approach which concentrated far too heavily on wide players - Nkoudo, Njai, Sissoko, Aurier, Lucas, Clarke, Sessegnon and Little Stevie.Why, just why!

Last edited:
Well reasoned suggestions. Do you want a job as chief scout? You have identified both the type of player we need and come up with good options. Your suggested acquisitions would undoubtedly bring some much needed steel down the centre of our spine. Certainly much better than our recent scattergun approach which concentrated far too heavily on wide players - Nkoudo, Njai, Sissoko, Aurier, Lucas, Clarke, Sessegnon and Little Stevie.Why, just why!

Sessegnon was a good target. I still think if we actually bting him on it will work out. The kid has gold in his there feet.

Agree about the selections otherwise.

Somewhere @galeforce breathes a sigh of relief as we're still in with a chance of signing him :D

Philippe Coutinho agent speaks out as truth behind Tottenham transfer collapse emerges

Philippe Coutinho was linked with a move to Tottenham before heading to Bayern Munich last summer and agent Kia Joorabchian insists financial reasons did not cause the deal to collapse.

But the Mirror have reported those claims were wide of the mark - and Mauricio Pochettino, in fact, opted against pursuing a move for the former Liverpool playmaker.

They say Levy and Spurs were willing to push ahead with the deal as Barcelona looked to offload the Brazilian, only for Pochettino to decide against it as he had the final say.
"

Well, well well. The manager having the final say on transfers. Who would have thunk it !!!!

Well, well well. The manager having the final say on transfers. Who would have thunk it !!!!
Think Poch had the final say if it was a type of player that didn't fit his plan.

Think Levy had the final say if the deal didn't financially add up for us.

Think the medical team had the final say if the player physically had issues

Gotta feeling that's how it works rather than any joyous flim flam you're hoping for?

Think Poch had the final say if it was a type of player that didn't fit his plan.

Think Levy had the final say if the deal didn't financially add up for us.

Think the medical team had the final say if the player physically had issues

Gotta feeling that's how it works rather than any joyous flim flam you're hoping for?

Really not hoping for any "joyous film flam" . Just saying it would be frankly ridiculous for any player to be bought without the managers buy-in.

I would probably discount Clarke (who I really don’t think Poch cared for) and the first 2.... they were punts I think, probably based off of scouting, who was our French scout back then?

Aurier came in for cover after selling Walker so that’s understandable, I think Sessegnon may have been signed as Rose’s long term replacement, and if Son is our only cover for Kane then we need at least two more... so that’s Lucas and Stevie B. That only leaves Sissoko really and he had been converted to a more central player by then.

Other full back options I’d add to my ’affordable’ list are Wendell and Henrichs of Leverkusen and Monaco (but ex Leverkusen). I think both would suit the English game as attacking fullbacks.

I would probably discount Clarke (who I really don’t think Poch cared for) and the first 2.... they were punts I think, probably based off of scouting, who was our French scout back then?

Aurier came in for cover after selling Walker so that’s understandable, I think Sessegnon may have been signed as Rose’s long term replacement, and if Son is our only cover for Kane then we need at least two more... so that’s Lucas and Stevie B. That only leaves Sissoko really and he had been converted to a more central player by then.

Other full back options I’d add to my ’affordable’ list are Wendell and Henrichs of Leverkusen and Monaco (but ex Leverkusen). I think both would suit the English game as attacking fullbacks.
We need pace in our full backs as we generally lack it anywhere else
Are either of these fast?

I think the best option we can get as a back up to Kane is Giroud.

I think its become clear an older head with no bedding in time works best as back up to Kane. He wont be expecting much game time and we wont feel we are stifling his development in doing so as he’s coming towards the end of his career. He is also a physical presence, proven in the league and on a free.

Also we already have a young striker coming through, who just needs a loan or two. And lastly Giroud is very close to Lloris and may help him focus and stop the ridiculous mistakes.

Definitely bring in Willian too. Again a free and a class act. And wont spend most of his time in the treatment room as Lamela does.

Bring in Aarons obviously and maybe give Sessegnon a run at left back to see how he does? We always have Davies for the season if he struggles.

Then spend massive money on the new Kante, whoever that may be.

Dier can then go back as a central defender option and with the new Kante patrolling in front of the back four, all our central defenders will improve immeasurably, possibly negating the need for a new centre half.

Lastly Lloris is on his final warning. The clowning around must stop. Put him on a per season basis from now on. If he steps up next season, then he gets another year thereafter and so on.

As soon as he starts behaving like a clown again, then thats it and he is out.

I think the best option we can get as a back up to Kane is Giroud.

I think its become clear an older head with no bedding in time works best as back up to Kane. He wont be expecting much game time and we wont feel we are stifling his development in doing so as he’s coming towards the end of his career. He is also a physical presence, proven in the league and on a free.

Also we already have a young striker coming through, who just needs a loan or two. And lastly Giroud is very close to Lloris and may help him focus and stop the ridiculous mistakes.

Definitely bring in Willian too. Again a free and a class act. And wont spend most of his time in the treatment room as Lamela does.

Bring in Aarons obviously and maybe give Sessegnon a run at left back to see how he does? We always have Davies for the season if he struggles.

Then spend massive money on the new Kante, whoever that may be.

Dier can then go back as a central defender option and with the new Kante patrolling in front of the back four, all our central defenders will improve immeasurably, possibly negating the need for a new centre half.

Lastly Lloris is on his final warning. The clowning around must stop. Put him on a per season basis from now on. If he steps up next season, then he gets another year thereafter and so on.

As soon as he starts behaving like a clown again, then thats it and he is out.
I think a better player than Aarons could be signed for a lot less money..... Henrichs for example that I mentioned in my last post. Also Denzel Dumfries from PSV (I can't' remember who it was that originally suggested him, but I agree with that poster that he'd make a good signing). I also think that Bogle at Derby may have a higher upside than Aarons, he is probably about a year behind Aarons in his development and probably gettable for a third of the price.

I agree with you about William and Giroud. Giroud would be an upgrade on Llorente and Willian an upgrade on Lamela. Kurzawa at left back would complete a good trio of bosman signings.

I disagree that we don't need a centre half. Robert K0ch has a year left at Freiburg and could be purchased for £20 million, which would be a bargain.

Back