• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched “the edge” tonight, absolutely loved it!!

the cricket documentary, not the Hopkins /Baldwin film, which is also very good by the way.

I enjoyed Knives Out, I wouldn’t say that it was great but it was worth the watch and I’ll likely watch it again in future having bought it. I thought that there were moments in which you had to suspend belief but that’s true of a large number of films. I did guess how the end would unfold, there are enough hints through the film but it will be interesting to watch back to see any clues that I did miss.

Disney Plus is free for a week if anybody interested

I know the counter argument is "why exactly should Disney do anything super kind for me" but only putting two episodes of The Mandalorian on there is total BS for a show released over the pond last f%ckin year.

If they're hoping people will sign up for 7 day trial and be swayed by a vast collection of films for kids ie Disney / Marvel then it's just not going to happen. If you've got little'uns of your own then I get the draw of the service but it's nowhere near a Netflix / Prime level for "grown ups" film / series wise imo

I know the counter argument is "why exactly should Disney do anything super kind for me" but only putting two episodes of The Mandalorian on there is total BS for a show released over the pond last f%ckin year.

If they're hoping people will sign up for 7 day trial and be swayed by a vast collection of films for kids ie Disney / Marvel then it's just not going to happen. If you've got little'uns of your own then I get the draw of the service but it's nowhere near a Netflix / Prime level for "grown ups" film / series wise imo
Totally agree

I did wonder whether I was premature in my celebrations haha

Don't watch stuff on my laptop and I can't be arsed with the VPN side of things, I wonder what UK prime has got that the US hasn't? It seems so strange but I guess that ITV still have the rights to the bond films exclusively?

Any hidden gems filmwise on Prime that people would recommend? Included of course, not renting out any films considering I've already paid (stingy bastard)

Don't watch stuff on my laptop and I can't be arsed with the VPN side of things, I wonder what UK prime has got that the US hasn't? It seems so strange but I guess that ITV still have the rights to the bond films exclusively?

Any hidden gems filmwise on Prime that people would recommend? Included of course, not renting out any films considering I've already paid (stingy bastard)

Have you seen I, Tonya?

FWIW some films recently released on Prime which I’d recommend...

Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Anthropoid
Amores Perros
A History of Violence

https://www.justacoch.com/uk/provider/amazon-prime-video/new/movies

EDIT: dunno why url gets changed from Justacoch.com to justacoch o_O

Lucky Logan is on Amazon Prime and a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours
I was pleasantly surprised by Logan Lucky, as I’m not big fan of Soderbergh films on the whole. Daniel Craig carving out a new niche playing Southerners what with that and Knives Out.

Heard good things about Hustlers, so will check that out when it’s available. Cheers.

Back