• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and money

I think these superagents are a far more sophisticated brand of criminal than "counter jumpers".

I find myself struggle in all this crud to really get my head round football being in any kind of trouble financially due to CV after how much revenue passes through the game.

People have ignored it for years but are we going to accept if there is so much money in football but we are laying off lowest staff but making multi millionaires of players then their is an issue?

I find myself struggle in all this crud to really get my head round football being in any kind of trouble financially due to CV after how much revenue passes through the game.

People have ignored it for years but are we going to accept if there is so much money in football but we are laying off lowest staff but making multi millionaires of players then their is an issue?

Yeah it does not sit well does it.

Would be nice if this started a change in things.

That’s the issue
Clubs that couldn’t afford it gambled and it bumped up wages otherwise decent players wouldnt got there (think Portsmouth and Leeds ). Then you have the rich benefactor clubs again who are in reality bankrupt and in the prem that’s everyone pretty much other than us, united, arsenal and Burnley and Norwich i believe (and the first 3 are in debt).
So the prem is under pinned like a house of cards
And now you have Neverton cooking their books with Usmanovs money even though everyone knows he is the silent partner in the club
City... well we know what’s happened there
If a villa go down they go down again as they will be fined in the championship and will have to sell players
It’s a weird model TBF

and like you say the lowest paid get treated the worse as their are many more like them with no scarcity value

That’s the issue
Clubs that couldn’t afford it gambled and it bumped up wages otherwise decent players wouldnt got there (think Portsmouth and Leeds ). Then you have the rich benefactor clubs again who are in reality bankrupt and in the prem that’s everyone pretty much other than us, united, arsenal and Burnley and Norwich i believe (and the first 3 are in debt).
So the prem is under pinned like a house of cards
And now you have Neverton cooking their books with Usmanovs money even though everyone knows he is the silent partner in the club
City... well we know what’s happened there
If a villa go down they go down again as they will be fined in the championship and will have to sell players
It’s a weird model TBF

and like you say the lowest paid get treated the worse as their are many more like them with no scarcity value
Or their Chinese owners just pay the fine and they don't sell players and come straight back up?

They can sell Grealish for 60 odd million to balance the books and solve any potential FFP issue. Still wouldn't mind them going down though, I hate when so called big clubs say they SHOULD be in the Premier League (Like Leeds, Forest etc.)

Yep.... and then they just pay the fine again and so on until they are promoted again. ;)

It's why fines for FFP breaches are so ridiculous. Points deductions and/or relegation should be the punishment.
I mean their non compliant if they go up too as they may not comply with premier league FFP

The Football Association have cancelled Steps 5 and 6 of Non-League football due to fears over coronavirus.
The Steps, which are the ninth and tenth tier of English football, have been scrapped immediately.
The FA Leagues Committee will now decide about promotion and relegation for the campaign's affected

We have £637 million of it.

It's where we need to be a bit clearer when we talk about debt though isn't it?

There's a good kind and a bad kind but it's all based on projections and things going a certain way. Whilst it appears that we're in good shape no one was expecting all of this to kick off so hopefully it'll still be manageable once we are out the other side...

I'm still trying to learn a lot about personal finance management (as an aside stopping drinking + doing any kind of recreational drug has helped a huge amount in this quest), but there was a quote I came across which I quite liked: "Debt is like fire, if used correctly it is a tool for good but if not it quickly becomes out of control and has severe consequences". That's not word for word but something to that effect.

Back