• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Not interested in guesses.

Is an informed guess any different to a government minister or scientists' projections?

Were you interested in the Oxford university paper that thought 50% of the UK population have had the virus? I think that is probably quite high. However, in London that could well be the case.

Is an informed guess any different to a government minister or scientists' projections?

Were you interested in the Oxford university paper that thought 50% of the UK population have had the virus? I think that is probably quite high. However, in London that could well be the case.

From what I’ve read, scientists in general seem to estimate the final figure of those who are asymptomatic/have symptoms which are basically not noticeable will be somewhere around 30%. We should know by the end of April. Germany are underway with testing 100,000 people who currently display no symptoms, and they will track them over the next month.

Anyone else sick to the jacksie of every nob on LinkedIn / Instagram/ Facebook/ Twitter etc, having to post what zany, fun, boredom breaking, wacky, collaborative, on point message wise, thing they are doing?

I don’t give a fudge! We’re all locked up. Just fudging deal with it quietly and stop making it the new social media brag!!

That paper considered various scenarios for what the data meant, e.g. high death rate among the limited numbers infected or flu-like death rate with vast numbers undetected. The papers picked up on the latter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52052694

Our government are a pile of clams.

'Missed the email' :D:D. Did they bring in Redknapp to make up that excuse?

Also, the clapping is a nice gesture...but perhaps people could stop voting for the party that has reduced systematically our capacity in the NHS, number of beds, driven away staff and created a toxic environment? Would be much more appreciated.

As for how it is on the ground right now...not great. London is probably a week or two ahead of the rest of the UK in terms of the curve but some hospitals are already turning their operating theatres into intensive care units and people are being turned down for ICU care that would get it in normal circumstances. We're following Italy's curve relatively closely so we're probably a week or two away from their kinds of numbers. Already had our first round of triple digit deaths yesterday I believe.

Already starting to see some harrowing things. Things are going to get much worse as well.

Please try to stay home unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you sincerely for your service.

Reactions: DTA
I'm more angry at the government's pig headedness about Brexit when it came to the ventilator acquisition, their general wearing down of the NHS over the past 10 years whereby a war footing is the standard rather than the exception, leaving us with amongst the lowest number of general beds and ICU beds in the whole of Europe and failing to prepare adequately for this, despite having ample warning from what was happening in China.

Also stuff like this:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...s-show-no-planning-ventilators-event-pandemic

Utter

Utter

clams

This is what gets me riled up. When people say the NHS is failing or rubbish or needs privatising etc. No it isn't and no it doesn't. The system needs changing to enable it to do what it was designed to do. And not have the government politicising it and attempting to dismantle it for personal gain.

We have just seen how quickly the NHS mobilised without any prior support at the start of this pandemic, that is not the sign of a 'failing' institution. w

We have seen an outpouring of support for the NHS and this government has said it will do 'whatever it takes' to support it. That should be a given, it shouldn't take a fudging global pandemic emergency.

Once again, thank you for you service. I wish you and everyone putting themselves on the frontline to be safe and well.

Anyone else sick to the jacksie of every nob on LinkedIn / Instagram/ Facebook/ Twitter etc, having to post what zany, fun, boredom breaking, wacky, collaborative, on point message wise, thing they are doing?

I don’t give a fudge! We’re all locked up. Just fudging deal with it quietly and stop making it the new social media brag!!
That's why I look at just tits mainly on twitter

Completely fudged up situation. They are sending you to the front without weapons. This government's incompetence is astonishing.

Thank you for what you do bruv. And all your colleagues as well. I mean that sincerely.

How can you attack the PM and government ministers for being tested..they have to run this country at one of the worst times in our History and beat this virus and they need to know if their health is OK...what do want them all to do? queue up at Whipps Cross?...lol

Private PCR testing is available, though I can't speak for the accuracy of those tests. The PCR test most of the world is using is not particularly sensitive, up to a maximum of 80%.

Most sensitive investigation currently is a CT scan of the chest.

I imagine the likes of Boris and Charles are getting tested from the NHS pool of tests. In fairness, as much as I think he's a bumbling buffoon, it is right that Johnson, as the leader of the country, should get immediate testing.

I am generally a republican as well but, whilst we have a monarchy, I can also understand that Charles would get tested as well.

I'm more angry at the government's pig headedness about Brexit when it came to the ventilator acquisition, their general wearing down of the NHS over the past 10 years whereby a war footing is the standard rather than the exception, leaving us with amongst the lowest number of general beds and ICU beds in the whole of Europe and failing to prepare adequately for this, despite having ample warning from what was happening in China.

Also stuff like this:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...s-show-no-planning-ventilators-event-pandemic

Utter

Utter

clams

I hope you get through this mate and i have always appreciated what you guys do.

How can you attack the PM and government ministers for being tested..they have to run this country at one of the worst times in our History and beat this virus and they need to know if their health is OK...what do want them all to do? queue up at Whipps Cross?...lol

I have no issues with the highers and haves getting a test, Better Boris has it than my postman

Back