• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I must admit I have just done the biggest Sainsbury’s order that I have ever done and am unlikely to do ever again. And it is panic buying. We fly back to London tomorrow after two weeks away. All I know is that I had (obviously) emptied the fridge before leaving and didn’t get around to stocking up the freezer. So based on what I have been reading I am ordering loads on the basis that I probably won’t get everything. If I do get most of what I have ordered then apart from milk, salad and veg I won’t need to buy anything for a couple of weeks.
I feel it’s maybe bad behaviour but also feel we’re behind the curve and need to catch up.
I’m kind of dreading what we’re going to face when we get back.

The wife did a shop at M&S this morning and said it was well stocked. Stopped in at CO OP on the way home and said the only shortages were in the crisps and chocolate sections which says everything about the sort of cancer wanting freaks that do their main shop there.

The Trump administration are definitely pushing the China to blame for the virus for geopolitical reasons. The Chief Trumpite in the UK has written an opinion piece in The Times today and they are pushing the theme at the G7.

China’s secrets and lies turned Covid-19 into a global threat

The rest of the article is actually quite sensible about the need for global cooperation. I didn't think Ole Woody had it in him. He's usually babbling about the merits of bacteria infected chicken and drugged up cows and about what should be on tables. But he ends with this:

I assume he hasn't talked to his boss about international cooperation and telling the truth.

Not sure what the issue is with saying it started in China in December?

I was there start of January and it was there before it got to any other country. Even the chinese broadcast not that I could understand it obviously was coming from the market, the same one we have seen on western news.

I'm not anti China, they did so much to help me. But this is a big rooster up and they have previous with eating wild animals.

Big lessons need to be learned. As I said earlier the are people in developing countries who will pay the biggest price for this.

Swiss resort Verbier infested as well! The alps must have been a breading ground for it during Jan/early Feb and they’ve all taken it back to their respective countries / cities.

I had very similar symptoms for the last 4-5 days (minus the temperature) and they are starting to abate thankfully. I'll be interested to see if they do antibody checks down the road to see who had it and who didn't. Paracetamol is good advice.

Good to hear you got better - it's been on and off for me today, literally feeling fine one minute then unable to do anything but lay down the next. Not getting any worse, so hopefully I'll follow your path and get better over the weekend. I'd be very interested to find out if I had the virus too, as the symptoms seems to differ a lot.

Without wanting to sound funny, have you any fear or anxiety around this whole situation...a lot of what you describe can be symptoms of that escalating.

Edit: obviously not advising against seeking medical advice if you need it. Best wishes

Not so much fear, but anxious yes. I read way too much news and have been very aware about feeling feverish or short of breath, but I'm sure what I'm experiencing is unrelated to that anxiety. I've had a couple of nights with poor sleep that I definitely attribute to a sligth anxiety though. Should probably do a media detox for a day or two.

Good to hear you got better - it's been on and off for me today, literally feeling fine one minute then unable to do anything but lay down the next. Not getting any worse, so hopefully I'll follow your path and get better over the weekend. I'd be very interested to find out if I had the virus too, as the symptoms seems to differ a lot.
You most certainly have covid-19. The exhaustion and lack of breath is tell tale signs.

Also, USA are in deep brick! New York is in a catastrophic situation now! Hospitals can't manage with the amount of patients coming in now, and they don't have enough equipment to treat people. And it hasn't really kicked off yet!! It will get really ugly there!
But I guess the orangutan has everything under control. Nothing to worry about.

Also, USA are in deep brick! New York is in a catastrophic situation now! Hospitals can't manage with the amount of patients coming in now, and they don't have enough equipment to treat people. And it hasn't really kicked off yet!! It will get really ugly there!
But I guess the orangutan has everything under control. Nothing to worry about.
Yeah the US will be a cluster fudge.

India is a humanitarian crisis in the pipeline. Full lockdown in a country that lives hand to mouth for alot of the huge population - that's just waiting for famine, panic and the spread.
Not going to be pretty.

Currently fearing brick is about to hit the fan here.

Have had bad belly aches for about a week and a half, and yesterday I started feeling dizzy and feverish. At times it feels harder to breathe than normal, but it's ok for now. No cough or other symptoms, appetite is normal, but I've had a constant feeling of exhaustion since yesterday.

If this is as bad as it gets, I won't complain. I'm youngish (42) and relatively healthy, so I'll probably be fine, but I do worry things will get worse - and of course I've read too many horror stories about the virus.

It's all quite surrealistic, really.

How you doing fella?

How you doing fella?

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking - hasn't gotten any worse, which is good. Constantly feeling exhausted, while the dizziness/fever is very on and off, literally from one minute to the next. Regularly feel like just laying down, and had to sleep for a few hours in the afternoon - haven't slept as much as I have these past few days since I was a teenager...

Back