• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Be interesting to see what my step-daughters dad does, hope the massive clam of a man gets caught out
He is a self-employed roofer who apparently has only earn't £12k a year for the past 3 years thus meaning his child payments are a massive £18 a week
We know for a fact he earns a minimum of £1k a week without extra work which he does
Be funny when he suddenly asks the Govt for 80% of his £50k + wages

There will be a lot of people caught out by this. I’d imagine the only way the gov can help the self employed is by basing payments on amounts previously declared on tax returns. Chickens coming home to roost.

There will be a lot of people caught out by this. I’d imagine the only way the gov can help the self employed is by basing payments on amounts previously declared on tax returns. Chickens coming home to roost.

The gov will only cover earnings upto 25k anyhoo, if they choose to support the self-employed. Which they may not.

We bought time (at great expense), we've learned nothing but cost the economy an absolute fortune.

We have just started 'buying time' and the government was late to do so. Scientists are in the process of learning a lot, therapeutic treatments are already on trial and are being used in the most serious of cases. This will improve with more time.

Also time to prepare is crucia.l so NHS staff can at least get tested and given the correct equipment. Production of life saving equipment can be ramped up etc etc.

But you know all this because you are not stupid, you are either just a right wing nut job or on a wind up.

I suspect a bit of both.

We have just started 'buying time' and the government was late to do so. Scientists are in the process of learning a lot, therapeutic treatments are already on trial and are being used in the most serious of cases. This will improve with more time.

Also time to prepare is crucia.l so NHS staff can at least get tested and given the correct equipment. Production of life saving equipment can be ramped up etc etc.

But you know all this because you are not stupid, you are either just a right wing nut job or on a wind up.

I suspect a bit of both.
I'm just someone who sees the big picture and can accept that all decisions have a cost.

It's easy to make the decision your way because the cost of not doing so is immediate and apparent. All that does is delay and expand the cost out into the future. Taking into account the long term cost of what has already been done, I believe what's being done is not the ideal option. It's not the worst, but it's not the least worst either. I will say in defence of the govt, that it's also the only politically viable solution as the general public can't even spell deferred gratification, let alone grasp it conceptually.

I suspect a bit of both.
4cff6430a746e693e1e8a88901ee4a0e.jpg

The one benefit of this crisis is that I have lots of friends I never knew about, getting lots of e-mails from chairmen and CoE of big companies, I'll arrange to have a beer with them if I'm still here when it clears up.

Well just got back from hospital. I am private but every time I have had to use the NHS they have been amazing and I can not question or criticise anything they did. Without going over the top, they just saved my life.

Tested positive, still feel rough but am able to breathe properly now. Will be self isolating at home, my immune system was still low because of the chemo out in China in January, they could not quite believe it when i told them where i had been.

It has been the strangest few months of my life and im just so glad my wife and son appear fine at the moment.

Dont think i have ever been so tired in my life. It was also the scariest time of my life. Just want this year to be over and see something nice and positive happen. Got to sit in the conservatory this afternoon looking at the garden with the sun on it and it felt like paradise.

Think people should all be nicer to one another because life is short.

Well just got back from hospital. I am private but every time I have had to use the NHS they have been amazing and I can not question or criticise anything they did. Without going over the top, they just saved my life.

Tested positive, still feel rough but am able to breathe properly now. Will be self isolating at home, my immune system was still low because of the chemo out in China in January, they could not quite believe it when i told them where i had been.

It has been the strangest few months of my life and im just so glad my wife and son appear fine at the moment.

Dont think i have ever been so tired in my life. It was also the scariest time of my life. Just want this year to be over and see something nice and positive happen. Got to sit in the conservatory this afternoon looking at the garden with the sun on it and it felt like paradise.

Think people should all be nicer to one another because life is short.

Just know you're loved on here mate. Glad to hear you're ok

Back