• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I am surprised to be saying this. But Jeremy hunt has actually changed my mind on him.

Pushing hard for much more testing. Which at present isnt even been given to NHS workers, just people severe enough to be hospitalized.

Going against the party line for the good of the country. Well done.
Hunt is like a lot of Tories I can think of (May, Gove, Javid spring to mind), they genuinely have the best intentions for a specific area and care deeply.
I just don't like the politics with which they try to achieve it

Do they still exist?
Who shops there? Who?!

I do for cards. Better selection (often) than Clinton’s or Cards Galore. Not many other high street options. Although more recently I’ve take to using Amazon. Saves the high street trawl, more choice, but I hate getting more reliant on Amazon

It's caused fudgein mayhem for us this morning. But it wasn't the announcement, it was an imbecile reacting to it hysterically and inappropriately, threatening to forcibly shutter business premises that were clearly excluded.
Please tell us more!

Most of our staff are working from home. Try getting anyone to come in. Not easy. But still running. Still providing essential services. For how long I don't know. The major thing is receiving work. It will likely dwindle and dry up for a time. In the meantime, I'm working hard. Jealous of those who can sit in their gardens :)

Please tell us more!

We're based in a serviced office block to which we have 24/7/365 access. Dozens of businesses in there, several of which (including us) are key worker organisations.

The block manager announced very late last night that the entire estate was being shuttered and there'd be no access after lunchtime today. There was uproar, as you might imagine. The decision has since been suspended/delayed, but this wasn't announced until after the original deadline we'd been given, meaning we had several hours of completely unnecessary mayhem this morning.

Very glad I didn't run into the individual concerned while I was there.

Awful as it sounds, I guess that’s another one for the list of key worker industries.

Our staff are delighted, I'm the only one in the factory that doesn't have a reduced household income.
All their partners are off.
My wife is a LG nursery head and is keeping it open for vulnerable children and key workers.

I am surprised to be saying this. But Jeremy hunt has actually changed my mind on him.

Pushing hard for much more testing. Which at present isnt even been given to NHS workers, just people severe enough to be hospitalized.

Going against the party line for the good of the country. Well done.

It's easy to say we need more testing though but it's not as if there's dozens of labs sitting round empty or millions of testing kits sitting in warehouses. Hunt was health secretary for 6 years, he's partly responsible for the NHS not being prepared for a crisis.

Back