• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I'm loving being confined to my [very nice] home.

Normally I would have to drive in and out of work for a total each day of up to 3 hours - totally wasted time.

Normally I would be surrounded by d**kheads and loudmouths and interruptions and bovine gossip and porcine manners.

At home I've just got my family bringing me food and drink while I crack on. So busy at the moment! My work is just carrying on delivering projects won in the last few months.

I'm sure that will all change soon as work dwindles, but for now we are extremely busy.

Just a shame I've been so busy while the weather has been so nice.

Our village feels like the 1920s again with lots of people going for a walk down the road, and hardly any traffic.

I'm loving being confined to my [very nice] home.

Normally I would have to drive in and out of work for a total each day of up to 3 hours - totally wasted time.

Normally I would be surrounded by d**kheads and loudmouths and interruptions and bovine gossip and porcine manners.

At home I've just got my family bringing me food and drink while I crack on. So busy at the moment! My work is just carrying on delivering projects won in the last few months.

I'm sure that will all change soon as work dwindles, but for now we are extremely busy.

Just a shame I've been so busy while the weather has been so nice.

Our village feels like the 1920s again with lots of people going for a walk down the road, and hardly any traffic.
It's not as nice as it looks with that North easterly blowing....but with the wet and windy winter we've had it is nice to see the old currant bun.

Surely many people are now going to be looking for guidance from there workplace as to whether work is a goer or not.

It almost needs a definite list.

Yep, my work whats app has blown up since the statement. I am a mechanic for a big uk company is getting your car fixed essential if you are not allowed out to drive the car anyway?

I’d imagine people will be told not to travel to the country. As well as spreading the virus it will overwhelm the NHS in rural areas.

There were reports of Parisians who headed to rural France getting a very hard time in the French countryside (village shops refusing to serve them etc).

In Norway it's now illegal to go to your cabin, because so many people treated this whole situation as a bonus holiday. Cabin communities in the mountains with 2-3000 permanent residents faced an influx of 20-30.000 happy campers from the big cities with widespread coronavirus infections. Fearing a similar situation to what happened in the Italia and Austrian ski resorts, our government therefore passed a law making it illegal to stay overnight anywhere but your permanent place of residence.

With Easter looking, 40-50 Norwegians daily are now applying to have their cabins registered as their permanent place of residence so they can still go to the mountains for the holiday. That's desperation for you.

Surely many people are now going to be looking for guidance from there workplace as to whether work is a goer or not.

It almost needs a definite list.
Strikes me as an easy list;

Do you work in a shop selling anything except food & medicine?
Stay at home.

Do you work in a job that can be done at home.
Do it at home.

Otherwise.
Go to work and practice social distancing to the best of your ability, even if it means adding 20 mins to your commute to go a less busy route and different pace.

Sorry to sound facetious, but surely it's that simple?

I was asking yesterday if any countries weren't taking it seriously and didnt give a f**k, well I think I just found one... Belarus.

Just read a short article saying their President doesnt think it's as serious as led to believe and that his people will be saved by tractor therapy and working in the fields! Apparently their football has continued as normal too so if anyone needs a fix you can watch the Belarusian League!!
Games settled by ‘sudden death’?

Back