• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That looks truly awful. But when you think about it there are so many people that still need to physically travel into work. Doctors and nurses obviously (and not just those dealing with corona related patients), lab technicians, phlebotomists, x-ray staff, chemo staff, dialysis staff etc etc. Plus hospital porters, hospital cleaners, hospital kitchen staff, hospital security. Outside the NHS - shop staff (ie supermarkets, chemists), warehouse staff, delivery drivers; utility company maintenance staff; transport staff; and loads others that are deemed key. Combine that with people still going to work because they can’t work from home but their employer hasn’t shut down operations yet so the government subsidy doesn’t come into play; self employed who have no extra help; and then transport companies running reduced services so all these key workers are cramming into fewer trains - it’s a recipe for disaster.
I don't think many will. Paying 80% of the wages of staff won't nearly keep the business running for most companies - that will just cover the redundancies paid due to reduced demand.

I mean we are being slaughtered for being slow.

The point I am making is people followed the advise and this weekend was the first weekend of the lock in whilst people told to get exercise and fresh air. People a small portion went OTT on the first weekend. Don't think that deserves a slaughtering

I watched a video on you tube today from the leader of our council. Recorded last Friday I think before the restrictions on pubs, restaurants came into effect. After talking about what the council were doing etc. he said the weekend is coming, the weather is good, we have lots of country parks in the area, so everyone should get out and enjoy them while we can. I am not a supporter of our local council politically but I can see his advice was given with good intention (Essex County Council have since announced all their parks are being closed anyway). Mind you it’s a bit different going out locally versus driving miles to the coast or the dales or national parks like Snowdonia (who said they had their busiest weekend ever).

I was asking yesterday if any countries weren't taking it seriously and didnt give a f**k, well I think I just found one... Belarus.

Just read a short article saying their President doesnt think it's as serious as led to believe and that his people will be saved by tractor therapy and working in the fields! Apparently their football has continued as normal too so if anyone needs a fix you can watch the Belarusian League!!

I watched a video on you tube today from the leader of our council. Recorded last Friday I think before the restrictions on pubs, restaurants came into effect. After talking about what the council were doing etc. he said the weekend is coming, the weather is good, we have lots of country parks in the area, so everyone should get out and enjoy them while we can. I am not a supporter of our local council politically but I can see his advice was given with good intention (Essex County Council have since announced all their parks are being closed anyway). Mind you it’s a bit different going out locally versus driving miles to the coast or the dales or national parks like Snowdonia (who said they had their busiest weekend ever).

Certainly mixed messages, I received an email from
them Friday (I think) saying all of the country park car parks were now free.

Another bad day in Italy. Another 602 deaths taking the total to 6078, 2000 in the last three days. However, there are signs that they have peaked.

NUMBER OF DEATHS, DAY BY DAY
21/01: 1
22/02: 1 [2]
23/02: 1 [3]
24/02: 4 [7]
25/02: 3 [10]
26/02: 2 [12]
27/02: 5 [17]
28/02: 4 [21]
29/02: 8 [29]
01/03: 5 [34]
02/03: 18 [52]
03/03: 27 [79]
04/03: 28 [107]
05/03: 41 [148]
06/03: 49 [197]
07/03: 36 [233]
08/03: 133 [366]
09/03: 97 [463]
10/03: 168 [631]
11/03: 196 [827]
12/03: 189 [1016]
13/03: 250 [1266]
14/03: 175 [1441]
15/03: 368 [1809]
16/03: 349 [2158]
17/03: 345 [2503]
18/03: 475 [2979]
19/03: 427 [3405]
20/03: 627 [4032]
21/03: 793 [4825]
22/03: 651 [5476]
23/03:602 [6078]

8.30pm PM address tonight
Defo think this is lockdown

What really needs to happen to a shut down of non essential businesses.
The government paying all the wages of those unable to work.
No groups of more than two people outside. On the spot fines.
Anyone on public transport making journeys needs documentation from an essential workplace. On the spot fines if they don't.

Reactions: DTA
What really needs to happen to a shut down of non essential businesses.
The government paying all the wages of those unable to work.
That means most (probably 90+%) of businesses in this country being bankrupt then. Those that survive won't have anyone to sell to or anything to sell.

Does this count for people in cars too ?
if we go into lockdown my Mrs and kids are going to stay at her Dad's in the country

I have no idea what will be in the lockdown announcement.
I was watching part of the debate in the commons earlier. Lots of MPs from rural areas complaining about people returning to their holiday homes potentially putting pressure on the rural health systems.
I know in Norway for instance they have banned people going to their summer houses (very common for people in norway to have one)

Yea, sounds crazy after 600 people have died but those are actually encouraging numbers today from Italy.

There have been signs over the last two days that they have gone over the peak of this wave.

Hopefully. Still an incredibly high, and desperately sad, number.

you ever thought of doing stand up?
I spent a lot of time consulting both in finance and not. I know how UK SMEs are leveraged and financed.

Any enforced shutdown of businesses will be economic suicide and cowardice of the highest order.

Back