• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

everyone is starting to shut down now. Won't be long until we are on lock down (well i will probably still have to go to work.). The government have been light with people and allowing them to have a certain amount of freedom in return for using some common sense but we can't even do that, so now we have fudged it up and will be forced to stay at home. I hope they hand out big punishments for people who do not abide by the rules otherwise this will never work. The UK is full of ignorant people and i think this virus has shown the good side of people but has also shown that there are a lot of selfish clams in this country.
Just lock down london and it cuts the issue down dramatically
The footage I’ve seen via friends of Londoners going sunbathing, out on the bike, strolling along a market.... their fukcing mental

everyone is starting to shut down now. Won't be long until we are on lock down (well i will probably still have to go to work.). The government have been light with people and allowing them to have a certain amount of freedom in return for using some common sense but we can't even do that, so now we have fudged it up and will be forced to stay at home. I hope they hand out big punishments for people who do not abide by the rules otherwise this will never work. The UK is full of ignorant people and i think this virus has shown the good side of people but has also shown that there are a lot of selfish clams in this country.

Posted this during the week about the exact same issue in Germany. There are idiots like this everywhere.

"Eventually all of Europe is gonna have to under curfew.
Why? Here in Germany we have all no essential shops closed, schools closed etc.
People told only to make essential journeys.
But the weather is good for the first time in months and people are everywhere outside.
It's a big holiday. Trains packed, parks packed. Public barbecues everywhere.

The only way to stop it is to have the military on the streets like in Italy and Spain.
All because people are idiots and wont listen to advise. They know best. It's not gonna affect them and they don't care about spreading it."
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/coronavirus.10482/page-42#post-1304476

From monday across Germany the limit for gatherings is two people.

Looks interesting.

Looking at the number of people on here with symptoms and number of people around who have a cough or similar symptoms, it seem like it is widespread. Which is good news in terms of the mortality figure - it is likely a lot lower. But bad news if trying to contain it.

However, what is happening with health care workers? Science doesn't understand it, but it seems like more exposure to the virus, makes it more deadly? Or are they working themselves hard and therefore experience a higher rate of complications?

I find the news media OTT. I know they have to report it. But the focus is always on the sensational stories - the nurse crying because the supermarket shelves are empty - then telling everyone not to panic buy! It's like having rolling supermarket advertising. Who would want to be caught short? Panic buying is a media creation, and they don't seem to get that the more they bang on, the more people stock up.

Is it not that they are being exposed to the virus constantly and don't have the PPE? To be honest I don't think it is any more complicated than that. You can only roll the dice so many times.

Is it not that they are being exposed to the virus constantly and don't have the PPE? To be honest I don't think it is any more complicated than that. You can only roll the dice so many times.

I could be wrong but stats suggest health care workers have higher mortality rates. For their age group they should not have so many cases. But I have no idea. Very difficult to say with limited data.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Harvey Weinstein now has the coronavirus. Doubt he'll find too many sympathetic people out there, especially women.

Does it take into account that they are constantly exposed? Am I missing something here?

The severity of the covid does seem to depend on exposure as medical staff do seem to get it worse than expected for their age group. Perhaps repeated exposure increases the chances of infecting the lower airways deep in the lungs rather than just the upper airways. Or perhaps the repeated exposure increases changes of a cytokine storm (hyper immune response), which is thought to be one reason that it kills people with other conditions (e.g. by attacking the heart) and why children don't seem to get it severely (their immune systems are immature).

You can go out and sunbath and ride a bike and run that’s not the issue. The Issue is people getting together in numbers like today in Southend

I think the message is trickling through at least. There's a couple of idiots on my social media who just a few days ago were posting pictures of themselves in crowded pubs, clubs etc. with hilarious captions such as 'no self-isolating here!'. This weekend, they've been posting the stay-at-home thing. Better late than never, I guess...fudgein macarons.

It obviously still isn't cutting through to many though.

Last edited:
Just lock down london and it cuts the issue down dramatically
The footage I’ve seen via friends of Londoners going sunbathing, out on the bike, strolling along a market.... their fukcing mental

I don't think you can only blame London, what about Norfolk and Skegness for instance that had thousands out as well or Brighton which was packed? If they put one in then it needs to be everywhere.

London needs it more, but if they make it London only you can be sure some people would interpret it to mean their areas are safe. I'd be surprised if an more severe lockdown isn't announced this week. At moment we are following the Italy curve with a two week delay. We really want to do better and that needs more of a lockdown whether mandatory or voluntary. Boris has given the choice and unfortunately it will have to be mandatory.

I don't think you can only blame London, what about Norfolk and Skegness for instance that had thousands out as well or Brighton which was packed? If they put one in then it needs to be everywhere.
London was criminally bad
That was people from London
The other areas had people travel there so it’s different IMO

Back