• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

He doesn’t even come to the UK
He lives in Florida
He may have been at 1 or 2 after all, he has been part owner for 20 odd years
The guys a gold nut
He has had his yacht moored up in Canary Wharf 4 years ago as I saw it and met a few of the crew in restaurant there randomly
He lives in the Bahamas. He visits the UK periodically.

Ed Woodward still has a job and people think ENIC would fire Levy?

The club is in it's best position in 30+ years, 1 season of bad results does not change that in the slightest. Training facilities, Stadium, income, valuation, future revenue opportunity, all in the top 3-8 clubs in the world. "insert comment re club being all about money here", do you know why no one is worried that United with the massive mismanagement is going to fade away? because money, and that's what Levy is doing, making the club future proof by making it rich.

Even with the football being brick the squad still has very good players in it, e.g. Kane, Son, Lo Celso, Dele, etc. United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool have all had worse seasons in last 5 years with far less context (no one has had the injury impact we have).

We just need a reset, some time to get injured players fit, to give the manager a chance to do something and perhaps a window for a few more players .. and a very unfortunate situation may have just given us part of that.

The club is in it's best position in 30+ years, 1 season of bad results does not change that in the slightest. Training facilities, Stadium, income, valuation, future revenue opportunity, all in the top 3-8 clubs in the world. "insert comment re club being all about money here", do you know why no one is worried that United with the massive mismanagement is going to fade away? because money, and that's what Levy is doing, making the club future proof by making it rich.

Even with the football being brick the squad still has very good players in it, e.g. Kane, Son, Lo Celso, Dele, etc. United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool have all had worse seasons in last 5 years with far less context (no one has had the injury impact we have).

We just need a reset, some time to get injured players fit, to give the manager a chance to do something and perhaps a window for a few more players .. and a very unfortunate situation may have just given us part of that.
While I agree with much of this, as we lose the huge CL income from last season and even the reduced CL income from this season we will slip back from the top 10 in terms of income. As an example, at present our income differential from Arsenal is pretty much exactly the difference between our revenue from our run to the CL final and their revenue from reaching the same stage of the Europa. Take that away from both of us and we’re probably both outside of the top 12.

While I agree with much of this, as we lose the huge CL income from last season and even the reduced CL income from this season we will slip back from the top 10 in terms of income. As an example, at present our income differential from Arsenal is pretty much exactly the difference between our revenue from our run to the CL final and their revenue from reaching the same stage of the Europa. Take that away from both of us and we’re probably both outside of the top 12.
Which is why our wage level is where it is.

That’s before you factor in the impact of the new ground
We caught them up with Wembley and development costs

Have you not heard of the new chairman bounce?

Again, Levy has planned for this, hence the "multi-purpose" vision of the stadium so we are not as dependent in-year of on field results. And had we not had the current virus situation this year's numbers would have probably shown this clearly.

At the end of the day this is simple ..

- either you can understand the long term vision of the club or not

If after 20 years you think ENIC/Levy is suddenly going to take tons of risks, I think you will simply be frustrated.

I'd also say, it's quite likely if the current situation continues and games remain postponed for a significant period, a lot of football clubs are likely going to be in a lot of financial trouble, I don't have that worry for us even with the stadium debt.

Again, Levy has planned for this, hence the "multi-purpose" vision of the stadium so we are not as dependent in-year of on field results. And had we not had the current virus situation this year's numbers would have probably shown this clearly.

At the end of the day this is simple ..

- either you can understand the long term vision of the club or not

If after 20 years you think ENIC/Levy is suddenly going to take tons of risks, I think you will simply be frustrated.

I'd also say, it's quite likely if the current situation continues and games remain postponed for a significant period, a lot of football clubs are likely going to be in a lot of financial trouble, I don't have that worry for us even with the stadium debt.
I would be interested to see the numbers. At a guess I'd say that we'll make a maximum of £2 million per full stadium event. So even as many as 10 of these per year wouldn't get anywhere near to CL revenues.

I agree that a lot of football clubs will be in trouble due to the economic shock from Covid-19. Our 40% wage to turnover ratio means that we should be better placed than most to ride out this shock. While we have an advantage over other clubs in terms of our wage ratio, the ban on events with high attendances will put us at a big disadvantage compared to many teams as the one area where our income probably beats any other football team in the PL and all but 1 or 2 in the World is the stadium and we are about to have to close that revenue stream off for an indeterminate amount of time.

I would be interested to see the numbers. At a guess I'd say that we'll make a maximum of £2 million per full stadium event. So even as many as 10 of these per year wouldn't get anywhere near to CL revenues.

I agree that a lot of football clubs will be in trouble due to the economic shock from Covid-19. Our 40% wage to turnover ratio means that we should be better placed than most to ride out this shock. While we have an advantage over other clubs in terms of our wage ratio, the ban on events with high attendances will put us at a big disadvantage compared to many teams as the one area where our income probably beats any other football team in the PL and all but 1 or 2 in the World is the stadium and we are about to have to close that revenue stream off for an indeterminate amount of time.

Only caveat will be separating full stadium events from NFL events (I don't think the expense we went into to be NFL inclusive was for 2M a game, has to be higher)

Agree with the rest ..

It will be for this year ya hat for sure
And I’d be stunned if we made £2m profit... but we would clearly make a decent profit whatever that is

Only caveat will be separating full stadium events from NFL events (I don't think the expense we went into to be NFL inclusive was for 2M a game, has to be higher)

Agree with the rest ..
Why do you think it has to be higher?

Why does it have to be higher? Why would the NFL pay us more than £2 million when they can rent Wembley for that same amount (with a higher capacity for both fans and corporates).

Levy's is and always has been a long term plan. If you think you can have a long term plan and not hit bumps in the road, you're living in dreamland. Fine if people think Levy and ENIC are wrong for the club but if anyone is advocating Levy out based on this season, that's the pure definition of knee-jerk.

We've had bad times before, we may have them again but for 20 years, he's had us on a steady upward trajectory and I've every confidence that will continue.

Levy's is and always has been a long term plan. If you think you can have a long term plan and not hit bumps in the road, you're living in dreamland. Fine if people think Levy and ENIC are wrong for the club but if anyone is advocating Levy out based on this season, that's the pure definition of knee-jerk.

We've had bad times before, we may have them again but for 20 years, he's had us on a steady upward trajectory and I've every confidence that will continue.

I wish i could give this more then one like, great post.

Like the stockmarket really. Over time it always goes up.

Back