• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

If you fly bucket, pretty much all airlines are Ryanair standard now.

The ones owned by countries that harvest their own petrol and use their airlines to offset their appalling international reputations are okay. Basically you have to choose the airline from the jurisdiction with the worst human rights record available.

I'm in Spain at the moment and a two week lockdown has just kicked into effect. Made it to a campsite frequented by the grey rinse phalanx on the south east coast. Reassuring being around this demographic, hopefully I don't have the virus and wipe them all out. A trip to the supermarket en route earlier was a thoroughly unpleasant experience, sold out of water etc, cashier coughing uncontrollably and no decent tea bags.

I'm in Spain at the moment and a two week lockdown has just kicked into effect. Made it to a campsite frequented by the grey rinse rude boys on the south east coast. Reassuring being around this demographic, hopefully I don't have the virus and wipe them all out. A trip to the supermarket en route earlier was a thoroughly unpleasant experience, sold out of water etc, cashier coughing uncontrollably and no decent tea bags.

Dont know why but always thought you were an aussie.

If it coincides with winter flu season, they have big problems but they do have more time to prepare. The hope has to be that there is a cheap, reliable and quick test developed quickly. If people can test when they feel unwell, we can be a lot more targeted with quarantining.
Quarantining in any kind of numbers is no way for any modern society to have to act though.

I'd far rather build the immunity than keep quarantining over and over.

Quarantining in any kind of numbers is no way for any modern society to have to act though.

I'd far rather build the immunity than keep quarantining over and over.

There is a decent argument for getting it now. Get your immunity! If there are any complications you'll still get a hospital bed. Whereas in 3 months...

Other than age, it does seem arbitrary that some seem to get almost no symptoms while others get severe flu and pneumonia. Have there been reports of young fit Europeans who've had it bad?

There is a decent argument for getting it now. Get your immunity! If there are any complications you'll still get a hospital bed. Whereas in 3 months...

Other than age, it does seem arbitrary that some seem to get almost no symptoms while others get severe flu and pneumonia. Have there been reports of young fit Europeans who've had it bad?
Not in the UK. All deaths were old people with "underlying health problems".

Just seen an article about schools in Northern Ireland planning to be closed for 14 weeks! If school closures become a long term thing then that will cause chaos to families and the economy

Just seen an article about schools in Northern Ireland planning to be closed for 14 weeks! If school closures become a long term thing then that will cause chaos to families and the economy

Arlene Foster said it. She talks out of her hole, as we Northern Irish say.

Arlene Foster said it. She talks out of her hole, as we Northern Irish say.

A lot of countries have now started a 2 week closure for schools and universities though, would seem unlikely everything will just reopen after 2 weeks and go back to normal

A lot of countries have now started a 2 week closure for schools and universities though, would seem unlikely everything will just reopen after 2 weeks and go back to normal

I have a few teacher friends, there seems to be a lot of unofficial chat about closing in the UK soon and running through to the easter holidays.

People are going to milk it, particularly those that will get full sick pay. To hell with the knock on effects for the country and the economy.

I imagine Easter holidays will be bought a week forward to start and extended a week after, so 4 weeks. Not that I see school closures as sustainable and i do not know what is sensible because no fudger really understands if catching this thing once makes you immune or not, so kind of worth not pretending to know.

Anyway here is a good thread

I have a few teacher friends, there seems to be a lot of unofficial chat about closing in the UK soon and running through to the easter holidays.

I imagine Easter holidays will be bought a week forward to start and extended a week after, so 4 weeks. Not that I see school closures as sustainable and i do not know what is sensible because no fudger really understands if catching this thing once makes you immune or not, so kind of worth not pretending to know.

Anyway here is a good thread

I teach. That’s what we’re expecting - a week either side of the Easter holiday.

What would be interesting - and governments must be doing this surely - is randomised testing of populations to see how prevalent the virus is in people who are not aware they have it.

We know that children hardly notice anything when they get it. We know that some (most fit) adults don't have severe symptoms. So is it possible you and I have it or have had the virus already?

Back