• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

You hoping they get outside human hearing range?

Well now you mention that I'm kinda feeling sorry for the dogs, that could push the vote in the other direction... I thought you hated the Scousers as much as us Gingas? It almost seems like you may feel sorry for the bindippers ^^

Karren Brady calls for Premier League to be made ‘null and void’ over coronavirus

What an impossible dilemma. Bail out West Ham or give Liverpool the title?

Although she might get bonus points for where she published this opinion:

Karren Brady, the West Ham United vice-chair, has called for the English football season to be declared “null and void” in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, after the Premier League was suspended until 4 April at the earliest.

England’s top-flight clubs are due to hold an emergency meeting on Thursday to discuss potential next steps, but Brady has courted controversy by calling for the season to be scrapped in her column in The Sun.

Karren Brady calls for Premier League to be made ‘null and void’ over coronavirus

What an impossible dilemma. Bail out West Ham or give Liverpool the title?

Impossible? Who gives a brick about Wet Spam? They'll always be brick. :p Denying Liverpool this title would be so, so, so sweet! Haha, I lack words. So much about this virus situation is just fudging brick, but if there's ONE thing that would be utterly glorious about it, it would be denying Liverpool the title they already cashed in in November. :D

I've no idea how they can rectify the situation. If you end the season now then the EFL clubs sitting in 1-6 will all say they need a chance at the high table. From Brighton downwards, any team could be relegated with their points and form, three of them are tied on 27 points with a difference of a few goals seperating them.

Then at the top end, you could argue that from Chelsea down to Burnley could all have made the top 4-5. Leicester prior to that 4-0 had looked really wobbly, whilst UTD and Wolves were starting to really show some strength.

I've no idea how they can rectify the situation. If you end the season now then the EFL clubs sitting in 1-6 will all say they need a chance at the high table. From Brighton downwards, any team could be relegated with their points and form, three of them are tied on 27 points with a difference of a few goals seperating them.

Then at the top end, you could argue that from Chelsea down to Burnley could all have made the top 4-5. Leicester prior to that 4-0 had looked really wobbly, whilst UTD and Wolves were starting to really show some strength.
And this is why the only sensible thing is to cancel and void the season. No one loses anything, and no one wins anything. We go again when it's safe to do so, and pretend this unfinished season never happened.

I wonder what would happen with the CL if they can’t complete it?

If it gets restarted next season then there’s no qualifying places anyway.

This isn't going to go away in a month or two. China has managed to almost completly wipe out the virus, but it took extreme measures. Currently, Europe seem to not want to fight the virus, but seem content with slowing it down, so the health care system can manage. This means we will have this situation for many months, until 40-50% of the population has been infected. That's the reality.

Back