• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

This

Divorce rates might sky rocket

A friend of the missus works at a crisis center for women who lives with domestic abuse - and she says this is pure hell for these women. Not only do they have to stay home all day long, but they have to stay home with their abuser. Lots of weird knock-on effects all across the field.

@milo are there any reports of what people experience with the virus? The Twitter link you kindly posted previously was from someone who might have just had regular flu - wasn't a tested or confirmed case.

We have the testimony of the guy skiing in France, who was tested, and didn't seem to have any major symptoms. We have confirmed deaths predominantly in the elderly, but not much info in between.

Last edited:
I'm showing a few symptoms, so since I'm a health care worker I need to be tested. I reckon it's negative, but sound precaution!

Do you like walking? Climb Adam's Peak and watch the sunrise.

Yes we do like walking but this is strictly a do-practically-nothing holiday. We’re not travelling around. We normally try to do a beach holiday and a travel-around-and-explore holiday each year. This is the former. Our initial plans for the latter were to return to China and go to areas like Mongolia that we couldn’t fit in last time. By January that was scuppered as a plan and it’s difficult to plan anything else right now for obvious reasons.

How does testing work? What do people need to do to get tested?

In Norway they have stopped testing most people, if you suspect you've got the virus, you should just stay in quarantine for 14 days. Since I'm a health care worker and in physical contact with patients on a daily basis, I need to be tested.

Yes we do like walking but this is strictly a do-practically-nothing holiday. We’re not travelling around. We normally try to do a beach holiday and a travel-around-and-explore holiday each year. This is the former. Our initial plans for the latter were to return to China and go to areas like Mongolia that we couldn’t fit in last time. By January that was scuppered as a plan and it’s difficult to plan anything else right now for obvious reasons.

IMG_4287.JPG

The view from the top. The crooked mountain casts a perfect shadow at dawn. Got to see a tea plantation! The little trains through the hills are cute too - if it gets too hot by the beach. Have a great time!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back