• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

It's looking likely that the euros could be moved to next year. That would free up some weeks for games to be played when the weather is warmer and viruses usually go away.

That's a possibility if the virus drops back over the summer but we do not know if it will yet.

The argument against that could be, that was the F A, this will be the PL.
Two different organisations.
I hope your right, first time for everything I suppose :p, but it will get very messy.
Which truth be told will be more entertaining and enjoyable than watching the rest of this brick season.
Surely this must be covered in some rules and regulations document?

They still need six wins from nine to reach 100 points (which they'll definitely never stop talking about). The disruption of of a break could be enough or better yet there won't be time to complete the season.
Could see them lobbying the PL to allow them yet another special dispensation...this time for a "100" logo on their shirts..

As I understand it, all 20 PL Chairmen vote on any proposed PL change and it must be unanimous to get through.

This isn't an easy "no losers" decision like having rainbow corner flags or not shaking hands. A decision to void the season would have huge benefits for some clubs, and be disastrous for others...no way will it ever be unanimous.

As I understand it, all 20 PL Chairmen vote on any proposed PL change and it must be unanimous to get through.

This isn't an easy "no losers" decision like having rainbow corner flags or not shaking hands. A decision to void the season would have huge benefits for some clubs, and be disastrous for others...no way will it ever be unanimous.
....and therefore precedent should remain.

If Liverpool are made champions, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich are relegated. That's never going to happen. You can't have one (champions) without the other (relegation). Not to mention qualification for Europe.
If it went to a vote, I'd imagine Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, Brighton, West Ham, and Watford would be in favour, and the other 12 against.

I'm guessing the PL will suspend the season for a few weeks but ultimately it will be voided and Liverpool will be granted the title as a gesture by the other clubs but in the history books there will be an asterisk next to their title win
Like Emirates Marketing Project’s?

If Liverpool are made champions, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich are relegated. That's never going to happen. You can't have one (champions) without the other (relegation). Not to mention qualification for Europe.
If it went to a vote, I'd imagine Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton, Brighton, West Ham, and Watford would be in favour, and the other 12 against.
And as rules require a unanimous decision to change (unless that's recently changed), then we have to follow precedent and cancel the season.

As amusing as that would be they won't use 1939 as precedent, partly becasue the PL is a different body to the Football League and partly because they only played about 3 games that season.

I'm sure they will just suspend the games and hope they can still play them. Handing Liverpool the title won't be too controversial, but handling the CL qualification and relegation will be a nightmare.

P.S. Doesn't the PL operate on a 14 club majority for rule changes? I know that is the number for TV monies.

Edit: The Guardian (09:03) is saying postponement needs a unanimous decision. What if one club objects?

Last edited:
Apparently two clubs asked for a cancellation. Us and West Ham.

If we come out of this any way disadvantaged, whether it's deserved or not, I expect Levy to unleash the lawyers. What an opportunist :)

Everton, Watford, Arsenal, Chelski, Bournemouth and Leicester now all have players with confirmed infection and symptoms.

Apparently the suggestion is postponing all games until April 4th. Which really is laughable.

Back